EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 01-15-2012, 03:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question What to Do if I want to Intall ProfitUI or Fetish with EQMap Already Installed

Hi

I'm about to install EQMap, but haven't yet decided which UI mod to get (or even to get one at all). I need to get used to the basic EQ interface before I know what sort of additions/changes would suit me.

I know that you should install a UI mod before installing EQMap, because then EQMap will install into the mod's folder instead of the standard EQ2 folder. But what do I do if the UI mod is installed afer I've already been using EQMap? Do I:
1) Uninstall EQMap?
(a) How do I do this (assuming it can be done) and how do I preserve my EQMap settings into the resinstall?
(b) Will this cause revealed areas of any zone maps to be replaced by the fog of war again?

2) Move EQMap manually to the UI folder? Can this be done?

3) Do either ProfitUI or Fetish have a way to automatically move the EQMap files to their folder?

Thanks,
Sky
Unread 01-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Simply install the complete UI according to its instructions and then re-run the EQ2MAP updater; if your new UI was installed properly the updater will detect that and load the maps into it.

You can save a little bit of download by copying some files from the old EQ2MAP UI folder into your new UI folder, just don't overwrite anything in the process or you may alter your new UI's look. Or don't and just let the updater redownload it, it shouldn't take all that long.
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks, that sounds pretty straightforward.