EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 11-20-2008, 01:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Where are the instructions?

Hello,

First off, I'd like to say the new maps look awsome. Once I learn how to effectively use them, I know I will appreciate them more. That brings me to the reason for this post, that is, where are the instructions for using the map? With the old map, I would enter in a loc and then a trail would appear or I'd get text indicating the direction to that location. I tried entering in a loc last night, and didn't get a trail or text indicating which direction I need to go. How does that work with this new map?

Also, The search feature is cool, but it doesn't give information pertinent to where the location is. So, I was able to find the NPC I was looking for doing the search, but couldn't get a trail to him by clicking on this name or description.

So, with the new map, I need instructions, and I didn't find any here. Are the instructions here somewhere, and I just missed them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by Armous : 11-20-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Unread 11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armous View Post
I tried entering in a loc last night, and didn't get a trail or text indicating which direction I need to go. How does that work with this new map?
Enter the loc like before and then click on the "Path" button.

Quote:
Also, The search feature is cool, but it doesn't give information pertinent to where the location is. So, I was able to find the NPC I was looking for doing the search, but couldn't get a trail to him by clicking on this name or description.
If you run the updater again it will now provide you with the /loc. You can't currently get a trail by clicking on it, but it flashes on the map and you can click it there.

Quote:
So, with the new map, I need instructions, and I didn't find any here on this website. Are they here somewhere, and I just missed them?
Haven't been written yet.
Unread 11-20-2008, 03:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay, thanks.
Unread 11-22-2008, 11:27 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Default Some Instructions I've been told or figured out myself

use shift + mouse to move the mini-map within its frame
use "all" at the top of the map to show a list of pois - clear to remove the list
click on a poi in the list to see a blinking dot where the poi is.
in the search window you can type some part of the name of the poi (e.g. stable) and it will tell you where the poi(s) are

Feel free to add your own discoveries