EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-14-2004, 12:34 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Najena
Default Target Window annoyances, disappearing Health bar

So after playing around with the mouseovericons stat-strips (fantastic mod, by the way, and great for inspiration ), adding target-info and whatnot, I noticed in-game that it doesn't update whether the mob is group or solo, or what con it is, up arrows or down arrows, et cetera. With my not-so-brilliant deductive reasoning theorized that that functionality must be hardcoded to the mainhud_target window. Okay, Sherlock, let's try it the other way around... mod the Target window to add in what I want.

Well, first snag, the Target window disappears when there is no target selected. Annoying, but I can live with it... I don't normally care about my health or stats unless I'm fighting anyway. I can add in player health and power, level, name, and class info, including text-percentage labels and all that jazz. So then I try to adjust the location of all the target info so that it's not all bunched up on the left... oops! We're sorry, that move is not allowed, go to the Penalty Box! You can move everything you want EXCEPT the Target Health bar! As soon as I try to adjust the Location for "/GameData.Target.Health", the health bar disappears. Everything else seems to shift normally.

I can add a target health bar to the mouseovericons window, and move it wherever I want without any hassle (but I lose the con functionality). In the target window it throws a little hissy fit and won't come out to play.

Any ideas or suggestions? (you know, *besides* leaving the health bar alone?)

edit: Gah, put it in the wrong forum... sorry, probably should have been in UI Developer

edit2: double Gah! I figured it out, forgot to set the size for the Page tag working properly now.

Last edited by filidecht : 11-14-2004 at 01:18 PM.