EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default the updater error!

(i've also posted this on the UI info page before coming here, so hit me for spamming :P)

the problem i'm encountering is basically that the installer wants to make a folder according to either EverQuest2.exe or EQ2.exe, and doesn't put the downloaded files into the UI folder.

due to having either an "EQ2.exe" or "EverQuest2.exe" already available for the game itself as an executable, the updater can't make the "folder/file" and gives you the error.

At least this is what i'm logically seeing whilst using the updater.

the steps i've taken to get past this issue:

1) I've renamed the exe to .bak and let the updater download everything.

2) i've selected everything from the folder created by the updater and cut and pasted it to the folder above combining it with the existing folders.

3) deleted the folder with the .exe in the name

4) renamed the EQ2/EverQuest2.exe.bak back to being an executable

5) ran the game and it was using deadbeats UI

however, the issue lies within the updater, and has to be resolved if the UI has to be kept on auto-update

i still had 1 question though, i've managed to install the UI finally, but do i need to use a certain code or something to get it the way its in the screenshot, since the default placement of the windows is just one big mess compared to the nice and tidy screenshot provided on the UI info page. (eq2 ui noob here :P)

edit: after thinking about it most of the time since posting the above, my thoughts kind of came to the conclusion that the updater isn't working as it should, since under xp it points to for example:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\EQ2.exe"

and under vista (yes i have 2 computers running different OS)

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II"

Under XP i cant seem to make the install path to look the same as under vista, the updater simply pastes the .exe at the end of it. Which ultimately results in the program wishing to download the files to "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\EQ2.exe\..." (or whatever .exe is defined in the install path.

the strangeness however is that you would expect such idiot behaviour from vista and not xp
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:55 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

The installer/updater works fine for more than 9000 people , the initial download from here, is to set it up. It needs to point at your current Everquest II install, if thats not what's showing in the path, fix it by clicking on the 'Browse' button.

It then creates a new folder in your Everquest II folder called 'DBsMod' and installs the updater there. When you then run the updater it will create a new folder under Everquest II\UI called 'DeaDBeaTs, download the entire mod to the DBsMod folder and copy it to the new DeaDBeaTs folder.

It thens confirms the location of everquest.exe to copy the file 'eq2.ini' into the same folder.

I'll admit very kludgy but it works and has been working for close to 5 years now.
Unread 03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah, i know it works, i mean, it works for me under windows vista .

but no matter what i do, for some reason, the installer puts EverQuest2.exe at the end of the install path, wich ultimately results in the error that the exe already exists (as seen in some of the previous posts i've read).

so my everquest install path is:

H:\Station Games\EverQuest II\

but the installer makes it into

H:\Station Games\EverQuest II\EverQuest2.exe

And for some reason this results in the updater wanting to download the stuff into

H:\Station Games\EverQuest II\EverQuest2.exe\....

If i rename the EverQuest2.exe to for example EQ2.bak or some other extension. the updater creates a folder called EverQuest2.exe. And under XP i really can't find a way to point it to the folder itself.

I've posted (and i admit its a bit of a clumsy one) a little work-around for the people having this problem, and it does the trick. the only thing you need to do is rename the exe everytime before doing a download.

I love the UI though , but is there a way to get everything placed as in the screenshot without having to manually move the windows?

anyways thanks and keep up the good work
Unread 03-04-2009, 03:59 PM
A Dragoon Sith

You'll need to move the windows manually, but you only have to do this on one toon. Then use /load_uisettings on your other toons.
Unread 03-20-2009, 12:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Click to cure

Is there a reason why click to cure doesnt work except for arcane? keep getting message "Only when crafting".

Sniff

Last edited by Darke : 03-21-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Unread 03-22-2009, 08:22 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Default New Updater Coming

I am working on a new updater that will be more Vista and Windows 7 friendly. Until then I will continue to support the current updater but all new installs will be from a zipped file until I finish. Some windows won't work fully until LU51.

I no longer include InfoCenter nor Eq2Map2 you will need to manually update/install those mods.

For EQ2Map don't overwrite the following files:
_Skinnable_Controls.xml
_Skinnable_Location_Images.xml
_Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml
_Skinnable_SearchBar.xml
_Skinnable_SearchResults.xml
_Skinnable_Styles.xml
_Skinnable_WindowElements.xml
_Skinnable_WindowElementsMini.xml
_User_MapStyles.xml

It won't break anything if you do but you it won't have the DB touch

Darke: The group C2C is fixed
Unread 03-23-2009, 07:49 AM
A Brown Bear

Its good to hear that you are working on an update, because this really the best UI mod out there.

Anyway, i was talking about C2C on myself :P only cures when i click arcane, rest says "Only When Crafting"

Is the newest version up here?
Unread 03-23-2009, 08:48 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darke View Post
Its good to hear that you are working on an update, because this really the best UI mod out there.

Anyway, i was talking about C2C on myself :P only cures when i click arcane, rest says "Only When Crafting"

Is the newest version up here?

Just download the zip and extract to your Everquest II folder overwriting existing files and you will have the latest.

The Player and GroupMember0 C2C is fixed as well.
Unread 03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
A Brown Bear

The zip only contains the installation.
Unread 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

You inherited the same issue as Profit - group window doesn't show group members, cannot click to select a raid member from the raid window. The larger threat meter did not have any numbers in it - I corrected that by adding the threat meter file to the list in eq2ui_mainhud.xml file.
Unread 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacremon View Post
You inherited the same issue as Profit - group window doesn't show group members, cannot click to select a raid member from the raid window. The larger threat meter did not have any numbers in it - I corrected that by adding the threat meter file to the list in eq2ui_mainhud.xml file.
Make sure you're getting the latest files, my group and raid windows have been working fine.

Best bet is to download the zipped version and not run the updater until I release the new version.
Unread 04-02-2009, 05:41 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

See, I told you the group and raid windows were messed up from Profit.
Unread 08-14-2009, 11:00 PM
A Brown Bear

Default I don't want to complain

I love this UI. I only have one question. I can't get the maps to work. is there a new update that I have to install. I have tried to uninstall, and reinstall, and that didn't fix the maps. My problem with them is they have none of the way points. and when I input a way point it doesn't put an x on the map to show me where I am going. other than that the UI works great.
Unread 08-16-2009, 05:45 PM
A Dragoon Sith

I don't inclue EQ2Maps anymore, just install it into your *\UI\DeaDBeaTs directory. Just don't overwrite the following files in *\UI\DeaDBeaTs\eq2map folder:
_Skinnable_Controls.xml
_Skinnable_Location_Images.xml
_Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml
_Skinnable_SearchBar.xml
_Skinnable_SearchResults.xml
_Skinnable_Styles.xml
_Skinnable_WindowElements.xml
_Skinnable_WindowElementsMini.xml
_User_MapStyles.xml

It won't break anything if you do just won't show the modded map files.
Unread 08-16-2009, 06:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDBeaT View Post
Just don't overwrite the following files in *\UI\DeaDBeaTs\eq2map folder:
You should include an eq2map_ignorelist.xml file so the updater will auto-ignore them (see the updater download description for the format).
Unread 10-03-2009, 06:07 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Effective today October 3rd I am cancelling my subscriptions to Everquest 2 and will no longer be supporting or developing my ui mod.

If anyone is interested in taking over please contact me - DeaDBeaT'at'oldfogieshome.com

Update server will be up thru the end of the month.
Unread 10-12-2009, 02:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default No Way!

I have used your UI for over a year and LOVE it! I would hate to see it go. I hope someone can keep it going. Thanks for all you've done till now.
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:24 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default :(

I love this UI, hope someone capable will step up...hate to lose it!

Btw, if anyone can tell me why my Community window lost all of my friendslist?
I updated and the whole 9 yds but still all my friendslist was deleted and I can't add anyone onto it. Help!
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by polekia View Post
I love this UI, hope someone capable will step up...hate to lose it!

Btw, if anyone can tell me why my Community window lost all of my friendslist?
I updated and the whole 9 yds but still all my friendslist was deleted and I can't add anyone onto it. Help!
Chat servers and some other things are down due to the Nagafen Merge. Friendlists (which shows friends cross-server) is one of those down things, its unrelated to UI.
Unread 10-31-2009, 11:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, darn. Of all the UI mods yours was my favourite and been using it for 3 years.

Sorry to see you go, but thanks for putting out a wonderful UI mod.
Unread 12-15-2009, 01:20 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Help :)

I have installed Profit, EQ2 Maps and some other interfaces in the past and heard about how nice this one is and wanted to try it. I have downloaded and installed the patcher / install program but cannot get this to work at all.

- The installer finds the correct EQ2 folder (E:\Everquest II) fine.
- I have tried this on 2 separate PCs, Win7 and WinXP.
- On the Win7 PC I have tried compatability installs with XP (all s packs) and Vista)
- I have NET installed and any other UI work fine.

When I click "full install" nothing happens (have also tried update just in case). I see a very fast popup of a dos window (I think anyway it is fast) and then it is gone. No install and no running process for ths install. The UI is not in my EQ2 directory and there is no option to continue at all.

Hope someone can help.
Unread 05-28-2011, 01:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karofin View Post
When I click "full install" nothing happens (have also tried update just in case). I see a very fast popup of a dos window (I think anyway it is fast) and then it is gone. No install and no running process for ths install. The UI is not in my EQ2 directory and there is no option to continue at all.

Hope someone can help.
If the update server is no longer up, it won't be able to connect to download the mod files. Anyone have the latest version as a ZIP file? I wonder if it'd even work with all of the DoV changes....

--Xel

Last edited by Xel : 05-28-2011 at 01:31 PM.