EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-28-2011, 05:41 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi View Post
Downloaded the .zip file for the default window from the post above, and installed it in the profit directory, and it did not work on the production server after AB came up today.

Anyone else having issues?
Did you... unzip it? Just downloading it and sticking it in the directory isn't going to do it, you have to unzip it as well, and put the file inside there into the directory.
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
Did you... unzip it? Just downloading it and sticking it in the directory isn't going to do it, you have to unzip it as well, and put the file inside there into the directory.
Yes, I moved the xml file and not the zip file into the profitui directory
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Odd, worked fine for me. Did you ignore the file on the patcher, if it came up?
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:58 PM
A Griffon

Tried it again, and it worked this time, no clue why it did not work the first time.

Thanks
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:55 PM
A Brown Bear

nvm got the awnser

Last edited by Yzyh : 04-28-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:14 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

As of this moment, I have checked the new persona windows on the live server and they seem to be working okay. Until the files are available through the updater, we'll need to download the zip files that Silat posted and unzip the one we use to replace the old persona window

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I am having the same problem..even though I have replaced the unzipped XML file in the UI directory AND I have used the updater, it is still telling me my charcter window is incompatible etc?

Does anyone how any ideas how to solve this as the character window really is the most important one

I have deleted the old file, then use updater, which then tells me all your files are up to date and yet, it still does not work.

Thanks for you help in advance

Haneef.
Unread 04-29-2011, 09:09 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default ummmm derrr

Any Idea when the updates will be available via the instant updater rather than trying to move files around for the computer daft such as myself?
Unread 04-29-2011, 09:35 AM
A Griffon

If you use the updater now, you will force your persona window back to the old incompatible version. You could tell the updater to ignore the persona window for now. Just remember to un-ignore it once the new files have made it to the update server.

I don't know when the files will be available on the update server. Silat is in the middle of moving about 1,000 miles, so I assume he doesn't have computer access at the moment.

The new persona window works if you download the .zip files from the message of 4-26 to your ProfitUI directory and then un-zip the version you want so it replaces the .xml file in the same directory.

If anyone needs more detailed instructions how to do that, let me know.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-29-2011, 04:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye

I use small version and it's great.
But i have small problem, when persona window is in upper part of screen all work ok but when i move it a little lower and try to change from full to bag or equipment view on every change this window go lower and lower and finally go out off screen.

Any advice ?
Unread 04-29-2011, 05:44 PM
A Griffon

Odd. I'll have to see if I can reproduce that.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-29-2011, 06:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Therendil, have they posted the new window to live yet? If not have you confirmed the files I posted do not bug out on live? If either is true I will get the files sent to the updater asap.

As for the small persona window. It is designed to snap to the bottom or the top of the screen based on which half of the window it is mostly in. If it is not doing that for the bottom I will have to fix it. I probably made an uunintended change during one of the updates.

Silat.

Note: I am in the atlanta airport at the moment for the other half of the move to maine. Got all the stuff moved and in storage ... now just have to do the family and the pets. Mentioning this as a way to say if I don't respond immediately it just means I'm still busy.
Unread 04-30-2011, 08:31 AM
A Griffon

The UI changes are on live now and the old Profit files do not work. The files you posted here work correctly and should be pushed to the updater ASAP for the convenience of users.

The comment about the small window snapping to the top or bottom explains something I saw while checking the issue about the window moving down. I did not notice the window move down while turning bar view or small equipment view on and off. I did however make the window disappear completely by clicking B after clicking S. The window returned when I logged back in, but had snapped to the bottom of the screen.

If the window is supposed to snap to the closest of top or bottom like that, then it is working correctly.

The fact that the window vanishes when you select bar view while in small equipment view is a bug.

I too will be somewhat distracted for a few days. My wife's sister died of cancer last Sunday. The memorial service is later this morning and the burial will be on Tuesday. I will be out or the loop most of today and all day Tuesday.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 04-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via AIM to g0dless420 Send a message via Yahoo to g0dless420 Send a message via Skype™ to g0dless420

My condolensces on your families loss Therendil.

Silat, I havent myself noticed the window snapping to the bottom or top (of course I wasnt paying much attention until now). The small thing I've noticed is when using the 'small variant', if you go to view an item on your paperdoll it pops up the center paperdoll as well (the one in the middle of teh character window). If I get in game today I will take a pic and post it for you asap.
Unread 04-30-2011, 01:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
The UI changes are on live now and the old Profit files do not work. The files you posted here work correctly and should be pushed to the updater ASAP for the convenience of users.

The comment about the small window snapping to the top or bottom explains something I saw while checking the issue about the window moving down. I did not notice the window move down while turning bar view or small equipment view on and off. I did however make the window disappear completely by clicking B after clicking S. The window returned when I logged back in, but had snapped to the bottom of the screen.

If the window is supposed to snap to the closest of top or bottom like that, then it is working correctly.

The fact that the window vanishes when you select bar view while in small equipment view is a bug.

I too will be somewhat distracted for a few days. My wife's sister died of cancer last Sunday. The memorial service is later this morning and the burial will be on Tuesday. I will be out or the loop most of today and all day Tuesday.

-= Therendil =-
Sorry to hear that. Good wishes to you and yours.

Silat
Unread 04-30-2011, 01:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Sending the files to the updater now. Kaldran will get them up as soon as he is able.

Silat
Unread 04-30-2011, 01:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0dless420 View Post
My condolensces on your families loss Therendil.

Silat, I havent myself noticed the window snapping to the bottom or top (of course I wasnt paying much attention until now). The small thing I've noticed is when using the 'small variant', if you go to view an item on your paperdoll it pops up the center paperdoll as well (the one in the middle of teh character window). If I get in game today I will take a pic and post it for you asap.
Please do.

Silat
Unread 04-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to g0dless420 Send a message via Yahoo to g0dless420 Send a message via Skype™ to g0dless420

Ok I was slightly wrong about how to reproduce the bug. It's not viewing an item, its clicking the 'appearance' button on the small variant that caused this to happen. Anyway here is that screenshot. (Sorry for the mess I didnt take time to crop it).

Second, I was also able to reproduce the vanishing character window with the described methods. However, logging all the way out of the game and back in did not fix it. Neither did selecting any of the variants from the updater's drop down menu. I did redownload the new default.xml file and placed that in my ui folder and got it to work fine (I Like that the 'default' is very similar to the older style that the window was before this recent update).
Unread 04-30-2011, 02:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Ok I was slightly wrong about how to reproduce the bug. It's not viewing an item, its clicking the 'appearance' button on the small variant that caused this to happen. Anyway here is that screenshot. (Sorry for the mess I didnt take time to crop it).

Second, I was also able to reproduce the vanishing character window with the described methods. However, logging all the way out of the game and back in did not fix it. Neither did selecting any of the variants from the updater's drop down menu. I did redownload the new default.xml file and placed that in my ui folder and got it to work fine (I Like that the 'default' is very similar to the older style that the window was before this recent update).
Thanks for showing me that. Will get it fixed this week.

Silat
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:29 AM
A Coastal Crab

Exclamation

I think I found a bug. Please verify.

1. Summon a mount.
2. Open the Info Center.
3. Select the Quests tab.
4. Click the Expand button for any quest category.

Result: The mount is unsummoned. If a mount was not summoned prior to clicking an Expand button, the mount will be summoned.

Last edited by Adraeus : 05-01-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:53 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathfulWarrior View Post
I think I found a bug. Please verify.

1. Summon a mount.
2. Open the Info Center.
3. Select the Quests tab.
4. Click the Expand button for any quest category.

Result: The mount is unsummoned. If a mount was not summoned prior to clicking an Expand button, the mount will be summoned.
I've reproduced the bug. There is actually at least two bugs with unintended commands being executed. Will post a fix soon for it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Thought I would note this for any other modders that troubleshoot this issue, /sum summons a mount /add wants to add a trade item , so the variables used for calculations (SUM and ADD) are triggering this problem. I fixed the problem in the profit infocenter by globally replacing ADD with ADDA and SUM with SUMA.

Edit2: I have sent the fixed file to the updater. It will be posted when Kaldran gets a chance to do it.

Edit3: It is now available on the updater.
Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 05-01-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:

Attached is a corrected version of the small persona window. It should fix all mentioned issues. Please let me know what you observe.

Note: About my comment about the window snapping to top or bottom, it actually was designed to pop up or down based on current location on the screen...not snap to the top or bottom. I misspoke.

Silat
Attached Files
File Type: zip _eq2ui_mainhud_persona (small).zip (16.6 KB, 289 views)
Unread 05-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Attached is a corrected version of the small persona window. It should fix all mentioned issues. Please let me know what you observe.
That did fix both issues, no more ghost paperdoll and the window will not hide itself now if you go to bar view and small view both.

I did notice though, the difference between having the window set to "Frame & Title" versus "Frame Only"...you can see that on Frame only there is still the backdrop remaining of where the title contents are for that window. It only happens when you are viewing the window in bar mode. All the other modes work fine.

Unread 05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
That did fix both issues, no more ghost paperdoll and the window will not hide itself now if you go to bar view and small view both.

I did notice though, the difference between having the window set to "Frame & Title" versus "Frame Only"...you can see that on Frame only there is still the backdrop remaining of where the title contents are for that window. It only happens when you are viewing the window in bar mode. All the other modes work fine.
You're going to make alot of work for me aren't you? Just Kidding. I'll get that fixed...I have never viewed it that way before.

Silat
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
You're going to make alot of work for me aren't you? Just Kidding. I'll get that fixed...I have never viewed it that way before.

Silat

Could be worse, I could not report these things. Or even worse switch to one of those other mods that I dont like.

I'm faithful to profit and you are stuck with me and my bug reports.