EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-09-2011, 08:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Default AoD Patch Bugs

Rather than answering multiple posts I thought I'd make one to address and problems/bugs.

The patch I uploaded for gu 62/AoD does have some bugs in it. These are the ones I'm aware of:

Persona/Character window: The new tabs for warders, mercs, etc are not functioning. Something with the nesting of these pages in the code is causing this problem. I've found a fix for this, but I will not be able to finish the fix or upload it until middle of next week.

Solution: Delete or rename this file and use default if you need to access any of the new tabs.

Broker window: New information for class/level for Beastlords has not been added in, I over looked this when doing the patch because it is an add-in Zonx did, and wasn't in the update notes.

Solution: Wait until the patch can be fixed.

Beastlord specific windows: A lot of these I left untouched, simply because the size/skin of it did not affect it's performance.

Solution: I'll address these with the next version of the patch, to make them more cohesive with the rest of Fetish.

You open a window: And then crash to desktop

Solution: Find the xml file associated with the window that crashed you and rename or delete the file.

I will resume working on the patch next wednesday (Dec14) and hopefully have it ready later that afternoon/evening. Just depends on what else needs to be corrected and how much testing time I'll be able to get in. If you find any other problems/bugs not listed here please reply to this thread.

Last edited by Savie : 12-10-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Unread 12-10-2011, 08:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Savie, are you having any trouble with crashing when you try to access Marketplace?
Unread 12-10-2011, 10:00 AM
A Griffon
Featured

No, but I also haven't played since before the GU.
Unread 12-10-2011, 10:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewolf View Post
Savie, are you having any trouble with crashing when you try to access Marketplace?

I had trouble crashing but since I downloaded the newest update it seemed to fix it.
Unread 12-11-2011, 12:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yea, I just found out that my unzipping flubbed and went into a subdirectory. Moving all the files out fixed that particular crash.
Unread 12-11-2011, 03:02 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

I'm not sure if this is a game issue or a Fetish issue, but I'm having problems claiming my Apprentice recipes when they're finished. It says they're complete, but the entire window where the recipes are listed is grayed out and I can't interact with it. If the window's unlocked, it acts as though it's part of the whole window and I get the little "move" icon with my cursor.

I can click on the "claim" button, it depresses, but I can't claim the completed recipe.

edit: I moved the fetish files out, just to check. It's not them, I still can't claim the recipes.

Last edited by Corpsegoddess : 12-11-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Unread 12-12-2011, 05:29 AM
A Berserk Golem

there is also the reset aa window who seem to be broken
Unread 12-13-2011, 01:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey.

I tried to rename my eq2_mainhud_character since when I press warder tab, I can see the text etc - but cannot press any buttons or drop down menus.

Am I renaming the wrong file, or is there any other known fix?

/Best regards
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:21 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninmah View Post
Hey.

I tried to rename my eq2_mainhud_character since when I press warder tab, I can see the text etc - but cannot press any buttons or drop down menus.

Am I renaming the wrong file, or is there any other known fix?

/Best regards

I believe your looking for eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
Unread 12-14-2011, 11:30 PM
A Griffon
Featured

K, believe I got it all, including some of the ideas yall posted for new/changed stuff. As usual, let me know if you encounter any problems!
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:54 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default broker

broker: still gotta change class...hit "my class and level" , still gotta slide it down by 1 , seems something hasnt accounted for/added in the beastlord class right

edit: also, i find u cant close the crafting window in view 2 or 3. gotta switch it back to 1 for it to let u close outta it, and then change it back to 2 or 3 next time u craft. great idea though, and has me thinking on using it rather then the drums crafting window now

Last edited by Artemisclyde : 12-15-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Unread 12-15-2011, 07:35 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Broker window was working fine last night when I tested it, I'll check on it again today.

Edit: Tested this morning on my beastlord and warden, broker's "My class and lvl" button working as it should.

As posted in the update notes, I'm aware that the window will not close in modes 2 and 3.

Please note, some of you will need to clear your browser cache and redownload the version 2.0 patch uploaded last night; if the download file is named just GU_62 or as version 1.0 this means you. The newest patch is version2.0 and is named as such, so you can see when you click download that you're getting the newest version.

Last edited by Savie : 12-15-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Unread 12-15-2011, 10:18 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Thank you Savie for keeping things going!
Unread 12-16-2011, 11:01 AM
A Brown Bear

Default same issues

of course i downloaded and installed the 2.0 patch else i wouldnt have the new features i asked about. now to be sure, i triple checked everything, and even deleted my fetish folder, reapplied the 2.0 patch, and then added all optional files except pvp exp cuz i dont pvp, and groupmembers cuz mine are large enough already. but, its still pointing to the class above each class, alphabetically, for every class after beastlord. so assassin thru beastlord works fine but troub shows up as templar, etc. what might i do now since a clean reinstall of the proper files didnt help me? i know its not that hard to change the dropdown 1 class lower, i just prefer it to work right as its one of my most oft used features.
Unread 12-16-2011, 11:12 AM
A Griffon
Featured

The file that involves the dropdown is called _Fetish_market_favorites1.xml.

I'll recheck this afternoon or evening and use my free toon slot to check each class in the drop down.
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:34 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone

Not sure if it's fetish or default specific -- but cannot click view your items on your Character (C) and view in Wardrobe.

Fetish specific - dungeon maker -- missing tabs for Name/Flavor Text/Etc.

Keep up the good work!!
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:55 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadbh View Post
Not sure if it's fetish or default specific -- but cannot click view your items on your Character (C) and view in Wardrobe.
This is SOE side, do a /bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadbh View Post
Fetish specific - dungeon maker -- missing tabs for Name/Flavor Text/Etc.
Which window are you talking about here?
Unread 12-17-2011, 05:13 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Edit Mode in Dungeon Maker

Attaching Pics to show you the difference.

Unread 12-17-2011, 10:31 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Ahh thank you that helps. I'll work on that this afternoon, got a few other tweeks in the works right now I'm hoping to get posted later today /tomorrow.
Unread 12-17-2011, 10:40 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Thanks Savie! Keep up the great work
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:18 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Blackburrow

just put in the new patch and my pet spell hot bar non of the windows line up properly with the spells,only way i can use the window is minimized and then stretched out,im wondering if it has anything to do with running the game at 1920x1080
Unread 12-22-2011, 06:30 AM
A Brown Bear

Default BL bar, broker, and respec window

1st off, i don't think we can say it enough, thanks savie for helping keep fetish updated...some of us are just die hard attached to this ui i think

ok so i haven't seen updates for a few days on these issues and i'm just curious as these things aren't working right:

1) beastlord spell bar is a mess, pieces overlap each other so i use default ui when im gonna fight with my bl, for now

2) broker window detects no class when my bl pushes "my class and level" , all subsequent classes alphabetically fill in the class before it, ie troub shows up as templar

3) respec window was showing as incompatible last few times i tried the npc

there may be a few more lil minor things but those are the ones that pop out in my mind. also, is there any way possible for you to extend the character select slots amount? some of us are alt a holics and i know after they merged live and freeport accounts i ended up with 17 toons, and some folks have more then me
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:28 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The BL window is not going to work. SOE has hard coded the sizing of the window frame and icons to allow for the Minimize/Maximize feature to work.

They could have done this with coding in the window module, but no....they had to give us access to the module so all we could really do with it is play with the graphic background.

I'm sure Savie will deal with the other little peculiar things as she gets time, but I wanted to let everyone know not to hold your breath on the BL window. Just use the default.

I have combined the default BL window and Savagery windows so I don't have to have that hideous Savagery window up. The BL window is big enough as it is.

If you are interested in having a combined window, let Savie know. I don't release fixes and mods anymore. It is too much work keeping up with everyone else's expectations along with my own and still have time to play.
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:02 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I have attached two files.

Both can be added to your \UI\FetishNighFall\ directory to update/fix issues with Market window 'My Class & Lvl' and a combined Beastlord / Savagery window.

Nothing fancy. Use at your own risk. Make a backup of the files you overwrite.

P.S. SOE sees the need to popup the Savagery window (even if you have it closed or removed from the UI) after your Beastlord levels. I haven't found a way around this. I just made a macro to close it quickly. The command is \togglesavagerywindow.

Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fetish_Market_Fix.zip (10.4 KB, 377 views)
File Type: zip Beastlord_Combined.zip (1.2 KB, 451 views)
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:56 AM
A Brown Bear

thanks so much, them files work great. i don't like swapping in default windows unless i know for sure what files to use...was just thinking there may be others out there like me that don't create or edit their ui, but competent enough to install them right