EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-16-2014, 12:52 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Mercenary pane, persona window

Here's a candidate for the default persona window with the changes to the mercenary pane. It was working on Test last night as far as I could test it, I'll test it on Live once the servers come up and make any fixes needed.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (233.3 KB, 471 views)
Unread 01-16-2014, 03:57 PM
A Griffon

Final iteration, default variant. This has the timer text working, overlaid on the current merc slot while the merc can't be resummoned. I just don't have room to put it anywhere else, and I can't overlay it on top of the hire/unlock text at the bottom.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (233.8 KB, 405 views)
Unread 01-16-2014, 04:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Befallen

I put this file in and now the game is popping up the unlock window for my existing mercs instead of recalling them.
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolewyn View Post
I put this file in and now the game is popping up the unlock window for my existing mercs instead of recalling them.
Yes. Remember that the button at the bottom is no longer the resume button. The only functionality it has is hire or unlock. The buttons on the left and right just below the current merc slot are where the suspend and resume functionality is now. Unfortunately I can't do anything about this because the functionality behind the buttons is controlled by the game engine, not UI scripting, and the dynamic data I'd need to script it properly (things like whether the current merc is active or suspended) isn't present.
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I haven't seen those buttons. Can you post a screenshot showing them?
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Never mind. I got it now.
Unread 01-16-2014, 09:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Downloaded the file and replaced the old one. Doesn't seem to be taking effect.
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:42 PM
A Griffon

Tried the new file and it seems to work fine. Took me a bit to figure out the suspend/resume buttons because they don't look or behave like regular buttons. They do work, however.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:56 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Tried the new file and it seems to work fine. Took me a bit to figure out the suspend/resume buttons because they don't look or behave like regular buttons. They do work, however.

-= Therendil =-
Yes, they're icons set to act like buttons (like the view-merc button used to be). I can't do anything about that, if they aren't declared as an icon element the game client won't toggle them or correctly or recognize them for what they're supposed to be. Same with the view-merc button (which used to be an icon) and the hire/unlock button, if they aren't declared as button elements they don't work. My guess is the game client's searching for the element type as well as the name, and the dynamic data isn't there to let me completely set the pre-defined elements aside and script my own.
Unread 01-25-2014, 03:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default ProfitUI Updater failing with Wrong file hash error

I tried to update ProfitUI to fix the merc window issue with the latest EQ2 update. I downloaded and installed the latest updater, just in case. The changelog says the latest change is:

Jan 16, 2014 (tknarr)

However, no matter what I try, the update fails with the following errors:

d.p.u.s.core.model.Downloader - Wrong file hash - Could not update E:/ProgramData/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest II/ProfitUI_1024x768_eq2_uisettings.xml
d.p.u.s.core.model.Downloader - Wrong file hash - Could not update E:/ProgramData/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest II/ProfitUI_1280x1024_eq2_uisettings.xml
d.p.u.s.core.model.Downloader - Wrong file hash - Could not update E:/ProgramData/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest II/ProfitUI Readme.txt

I'm running Java 1.7. I've tried wiping the ProfitUI files and directory and reinstalling. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Ideas?
Unread 01-25-2014, 04:31 AM
A Griffon

Have you tried running it as administrator? That's sometimes needed to deal with permissions issues in folders created by an installer (they tend to assume that they'll be the only things modifying things, therefore other ordinary users don't need write permissions).
Unread 01-25-2014, 05:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Changed server and forgot to transfer the files as binary files. Textfiles got changed to unix format and made the hash check fail. Fixed now.
Unread 01-25-2014, 05:43 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default ProfitUIReborn Not updating/ Merc window still bugged

This is what I get when I run ProfitUI Reborn

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://updater.pala.de/profitui.jnlp
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.getUpdatedLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have downloaded the 5.01 version and updated my java also have checked the .ini file and nothing works. Anyone have a suggestion?
Unread 01-25-2014, 01:22 PM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

The old updater is not supported anymore, please update to the most current version.
Unread 01-25-2014, 01:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
Changed server and forgot to transfer the files as binary files. Textfiles got changed to unix format and made the hash check fail. Fixed now.
Thanks. Everything is working now!
Unread 02-02-2014, 10:51 PM
A Coastal Crab

These types of information can be published and translated into many languages to allow distribution of information around...
Unread 03-02-2014, 03:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm hoping I'm simply missing something obvious. I hired one mercenary on a new character and the mercenary tab of the persona window showed me the "change appearance" display, as I expected.

I hit the "show all my mercs" button, and now I can't get back to the first display; clicking the blue "View Your Current Mercenary" button does nothing. Could someone please let me know how to toggle between the two views?

I run the latest updater every time I launch the game, so I'm assuming my installation's up-to-date. My persona window file's dated 21 January, with a size of 238KB.
Unread 03-02-2014, 03:57 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzlvraz View Post
I run the latest updater every time I launch the game, so I'm assuming my installation's up-to-date. My persona window file's dated 21 January, with a size of 238KB.
You're using the large variant? One problem I found with the new updater's that it handles variants in the wrong order, downloading the zipfile with the new XML after having unpacked the zipfile to get the variant. That led to an annoying dance: install the variant to update the .zip, uninstall the variant and then install it again to extract the .xml files from the correct .zip. I'll double-check the large variant tonight, I do know the default one's working correctly.
Unread 03-02-2014, 04:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
You're using the large variant?
I am, yes, and I'd noticed the dance, too. Perhaps I screwed up the steps; I'll check my end, as well.

EDIT: The default variant does indeed work correctly. I can get used to it if need-be; thanks for helping with ugly mercs :-).

Last edited by Jazzlvraz : 03-02-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Unread 03-02-2014, 04:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzlvraz View Post
EDIT: The default variant does indeed work correctly. I can get used to it if need-be; thanks for helping with ugly mercs :-).
The large variant's not that different from the default mechanically, it's mostly layout. That the default works may indicate I didn't copy over the XML completely correctly. It'll be easy enough for me to check, and I'll do an update if needed.