EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 03-06-2012, 06:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: The Bazaar

[quote=Batsu;87306]I did find my self trying to move the hotbars around a bit, I finally got it working though , stretch and pull to where I have them now ( couldn't figure out how to get the boarder back to move them, then take away again. probably something simple like window settings that I forgot about )

easiest way i find to move my hotbars is to press the F10 key to cycle through the UI modes, then simply click the hotbar anywhere you choose and drag it till your hearts content. This works with all aspects of the game windows. and is the simplest way i have found for tweaking my UI layout to exactly what i want.
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:19 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

New release: Version 1.33

GU63 small patch + updates.

Update Log:
v1.33 - 2012.04.17
- New [Group]: New option to toggle individual borders for group members (similar to raid window).
- Update [StatBar]: Removed Crit Mit from options.
- Update [Persona]: Added text to Mercenaries page for zones that disallow them (Gu63). Removed Crit Mit stat. Updated EQII Share options to latest patch.
- Update [Player/Group]: Changed default Cure Curse command back to /useabilityonplayer. The /cureplayer has been reported from multiple players that it can sometimes fail to cast. Users will need to manually edit their buttons.

When updating with the manual version, it's best to delete your old installation. But "FIRST", backup the following files (copy them to a safe spot) to save your Quick Button settings, Item Notes, and Spell Timers:
- /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml
- /POI/drumsui_itemnotes.xml
- /POI/drumsui_spelltimer.xml

(If you had any saved from 1.32 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the custom settings files if you already have them, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved settings

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 04-17-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
A Griffon

Default Thanks for GU63 Update

Just a quick question:

Would it be possible, without a lot of work, to provide a collapse button to the right side of the market window? I remember Profit market window had that and it was a real convenience. Sometimes when I click "buy" and the price exceeds the max allowable I had set, a confirm window pops up. However, and this is my fault, if I clicked to fast or whatever, that confirm window ends up behind the market window. I can't move or reduce the window to get at the confirm window thus, having to close the market window and starting over again. "Was that a long winded request/explanation?

Just curious

Thanks
Chops
Unread 05-24-2012, 04:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

New release: Version 1.34

Hotfix patch update.

Update Log:
v1.34 - 2012.05.24
- Update [Persona]: Auto Attack Mode dropdown added.
- Update [Target]: Target Quest Icon added.

When updating with the manual version, it's best to delete your old installation. But "FIRST", backup the following files (copy them to a safe spot) to save your Quick Button settings, Item Notes, and Spell Timers:

(If you had any saved from 1.33 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the custom settings files if you already have them, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved settings
Unread 05-24-2012, 03:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.34b

Hotfix to the hotfix patch.

Update Log:
v1.34 - 2012.05.24
- Update [Persona]: Auto Attack Mode dropdown fixed.

(If you had any saved from 1.34 or previous)

Unread 05-26-2012, 02:35 AM
A Brown Bear

Hi Drum. I've used bits of your UI for years, and loved them, but decided to try and put in your Full interface. That's when the problems started for me.

I know most folk probably are used to putting in EQ2 mods. I seem to bumble around and get there finally. In my defense, I've used a PC since '92, learned the hard way to troubleshoot my own hard and software problems, upgrade em, and now build my own PC so I'm not a complete novice. I've put mods into the DOOM games, more recently Torchlight, Diablo2 etc, but this has me stumped, even after reading the now ancient instructions on how to install mods on this site!

I finally figured I needed to rename my own UI folder to DrumsUI, and put your *.ini file in place of mine in EQ2 base directory. I also downloaded the updater for your UI, but I am lacking what looks like quite a few windows on the interface when I tell it to load it using the /loadui command and choose your listed UI from the pop up window.

Most importantly I am lacking the window with the EQ2 Start and Exit button on it! I have to close the game using the X in the window..

I've reverted back to the default UI until I can get some help from you, pretty please. I've also sent you a message here in case it is more convenient to give me help by email than take up space here.

Thanks!
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:56 AM
A Griffon
Featured

The stat bar is where the EQII menu is located. The best idea if you are having troubles is to remove your DrumsUI folder completely and try re-running the java Updater. This should set everything up for you, including the eq2.ini.

After that you don't have to do anything in-game. The eq2.ini should be setting the DrumsUI to default, so no commands are necessary.
Unread 05-27-2012, 03:41 AM
A Brown Bear

Did what you suggested, it is just the same. No Stats bar.
Here's pix of the screen. Had to put a Link as the image wouldn't load.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...EQ2_000182.jpg

Last edited by Kitts : 05-27-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Unread 05-27-2012, 09:17 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitts View Post
Did what you suggested, it is just the same. No Stats bar.
Here's pix of the screen. Had to put a Link as the image wouldn't load.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...EQ2_000182.jpg
These may sound like dumb suggestions but I've seen this happen to others a few times with varying mods where it isn't a MOD problem but sometimes jus a glitch for unknown reasons.

Cycle thru the window modes via F10 until you see all of the windows. Is the stat or start bar there? (Maybe there's a blank black rectangle) that needs to be setup via right-clicking it and setting opacities. If not then mouse around the screen and see if a rogue window appears in the event its opacity has been set to zero.

Did you try setting the stat bar parameters via Drums start button? Maybe yours isn't appearing because nothing has been set to show up, i.e. STR, AGI etc. This may be moot since I think at least 1 or 2 stats have been enabled.

- Verify the file (eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml, if I'm remembering this correctly) is in your EverquestII>UI>DrumsUI folder... NOT in the main Everquest folder.

- Verify your EQ2.INI (Everquest Main Folder) has the following in it:
cl_ui_skinname DrumsUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/

- Via Options>User Interface>Game Window uncheck "Allow Windows Offscreen". Just in case the start button has gone somewhere off your screen. Cycle F10 and check again.

Just a side note: You mentioned using the X to close EQ which seems to indicate you are running in windowed mode.

-Try running in full screen mode: Options>Display>Performance>Fullscreen and see if that helps. Windowed Mode sometimes bunches up UI windows.

- You might want to map the EQ default main Menu with a key you rarely use. Options>Controls>Game Menu. I've mapped mine to the comma (,) as a backup if something happens with any MOD that may prevent me from accessing the menu by other means.

Good luck
Accredo

Last edited by Accredo : 05-27-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Unread 05-27-2012, 10:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Thanks! That seems to have got it! The Menu was way up out of sight!
Is there a way to turn off the 2nd instance of my Name window until needed? The one I think becomes a group window if I am in a group?

Also the only Clock I see is attached to the mini map, not on the end of the Compass as in the pix of the interface.

A nice UI indeed! Thank you for making it Drum, and thanks for the help Accredo!
Unread 05-27-2012, 11:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Alt+C for clock. It's not attached to anything.
Unread 07-24-2012, 02:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.35

Hotfix to the hotfix patch.

Update Log:
v1.35 - 2012.07.24
- New [SelfTargetImplied]: This new window combines the Self (player), Target, and Implied windows into a smaller compact one. Toggled on from the Main Menu window. Includes self cure buttons, and in-combat indicator. The "S", "T", and "I" text indicators can be hidden by turning of the Titlebar in the window settings.
- New [Merc]: Modified mercenary window that mimics the DrumsUI pet window. Includes a close button, and smaller elements. No hp/power percentages yet.
- Fix [MainMenu]: The Target Casting Bar checkbox now correctly stays checked after zoning.
- Fix [StatBarOptions]: Double Attack now correctly reads Multi Attack in both sections.
- Fix [Browser]: Tabs 2-4 should now function properly again.
- Update [Journal]: Active Quest window now has Quest Bauble icon button.
- Update [MainMenu]: Buttons/checkboxes for the Threat Meter, AutoAttack bar, and Target Casting Bar will now cause those windows to "flash" for 2 seconds, to make them easy to locate should they go missing.
- Update [Effects]: The Effects/Detrimental Effects windows no longer have a tooltip when mousing over them, making it easier in some situations to see icons. The settings button tooltips differentiates the two windows.
- Update [Persona]: Mercenary page now has a Suspend/Dismiss button always visible. Updated PVP stats for GU64. Added a toggle button for the Merc window, and moved the rename buttom. Platinum text width increased.
- Update [Mercenary]: Dismiss button removed to prevent accidental clicking. It's now located in Persona window or (/mercenary dismiss). Now displays Merc's HP and Power percentages in text. Window now resizable.
- Update [Casting]: Added a time remaining text to the player casting bar. Use the variant from Alternatives folder if you wish to disable feature.
- Update [TargetCasting]: Added a time remaining text to the Target/Implied casting bar window. Use the variant from Alternatives folder if you wish to disable feature.

(If you had any saved from 1.34 or previous)

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 08-16-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM
A Berserk Golem

My click to cure buttons haven't worked in ages, any idea what causes this? It works for healers, but if a non-healer tries to use a potion, or if, say, my paladin tries to use his cure abilities I get a message that says something like "only usable while crafting". Can you please help? This used to work fine, and I've tried complete reinstalls.
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:21 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Unkown

Been useing DRUMS awhile guess update broke my ui SOEmote window comes up black and voice bar.prob workin on it so disreguard,
Unread 08-16-2012, 04:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.36

Update Log:
v1.36 - 2012.08.14
- Update [MainMenu]: Dropdown added for Casting Bars for Players/NPCs. Added checkbox for new SOE-integrated AutoAttack bar (replaces DrumsUI included one).
- Update [Tracking]: Tracking list text now has a shadow style so it's easier to see without backdrop.
- Update [Examine]: Item Examine windows' text size reduced for procs and effects, matching tooltip size. Spell Effect examine windows' text reduced, matching tooltip size.
- Update [TargetCasting]: Depending on options selected for Casting Bars, the window will auto-adjust where the second bar displays as to not overlap NPC with Player castbars.
- Fix [Persona]: Lethality stat no longer displays Toughness value.
- Fix [Player]: Added in manual command for "Robust" potions for the player window cures. Will remove after SOE fixes /cureplayer command for T10 potions. Update your clickbuttons by using the "Default" button in editing window.
- Fix [Group]: Fixed side-aligned cures/clickbuttons displaying improperly after the SOEmote update.
- Fix [SelfTargetImplied]: Implied target's name is now correct.
- Fix [Map]: Added icon_eq2map2.dds to ignorelist file (thanks Mysstie @Eq2Interface).

(If you had any saved from 1.35 or previous)

Unread 08-18-2012, 04:21 PM
A Griffon

Hi Drum:

Love your UI and have been using it since man began walking upright. One quick question. Is it possible to lighten the black background of the bags to allow better visibility of items? The other day I couldn't find one item because of the black background. I knew it was in there as the mouse-over drop down list showed it being in there. I moused over each compartment to no avail. I ended up finding it in a compartment partially blocked by the tiny gold dot for dragging the bag. Is there something I can do to change the color?

Thanks
Accredo
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accredo View Post
Hi Drum:

Love your UI and have been using it since man began walking upright. One quick question. Is it possible to lighten the black background of the bags to allow better visibility of items? The other day I couldn't find one item because of the black background. I knew it was in there as the mouse-over drop down list showed it being in there. I moused over each compartment to no avail. I ended up finding it in a compartment partially blocked by the tiny gold dot for dragging the bag. Is there something I can do to change the color?

Thanks
Accredo
The item icon background is controlled by: /images/icons/icon_transp1.dds
The location is: 84,42,126,84 (x-start, y-start, x-end,y-end)

If you have an image editing program that can modify DDS files, I'll leave it up to you to decide. The reason I'd be against changing it is because there's always going to be an item with a similar background to a color.

If you know you have an item, or think you do, my best advice is to use the /finditem command as it will tell you the bagslot, too.
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Actually looking at it closer, items have their own background color. The bag slots only have a color when empty, which is the dark color.

Don't think there is much you can do after all.
Unread 08-19-2012, 09:41 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Actually looking at it closer, items have their own background color. The bag slots only have a color when empty, which is the dark color.

Don't think there is much you can do after all.
So an item is not a cut and trimmed image, but an image framed in a square with it's own background color? That would explain your advice to not change the bags background color since the items frame fills/covers the bags background color.

Thanks Drum for checking this for me. I'll follow your advice and leave it alone.
Unread 08-28-2012, 03:50 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default Quest Journal Completed

I just recently switched to this UI. I do not have an ability to sort completed quests. On other quest journals, I would sort in Active, and they would sort the same in Completed. Is this an error on my side, not a feature of your UI, or a error caused by the recent added bauble?
Unread 08-28-2012, 05:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Not sure, I'll check into it.
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Auto attack timer bar and target casting bar

Auto attack timer bar and target casting bar are on all the time is there a way to have it so they only come up when engaged?
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:07 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Easiest way is to set the background and border to fully transparent and enable Click through on the windows.
Unread 09-23-2012, 02:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.37

Update Log:
v1.37 - 2012.09.23
- Update [AutoAttack]: There are now icons indicating if you have your Melee auto or Ranged Auto turned on/off.
- Update [Merchant]: Search bar and filter checkboxes added (SOE addition).
- Update [Examine]: Examine windows should no longer popup off-screen. They will be centered horizontall or vertically if the game attempts to open them partially or entirely off-screen.
- Update [InspectPlayer]: New EQ2u tab that will attempt to show the player's EQ2u profile. Inpsect window gear layout now mimics the Inventory/Character window.

(If you had any saved from 1.36 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater takes care of updates and won't overwrite personal settings files!
Unread 09-23-2012, 05:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost
Default Merchant Window

Hiya Drums,

I'm really missing how the merchant window worked before. Where you could double click on items in the merchant window to sell or buy (imo, so much easier than clicking from bags). You could either double click and sell/buy the whole stack, or hold ctrl to sell/buy one at a time, or hold shift to sell/buy a certain amount. Please readd this feature to the merchant window.

-Fadani