EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-14-2013, 02:57 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Quick Raid Button config tool

I'm working on version 1.5 of the QRB config tool. The new work involves adding access to the EQ2 data feed to retrieve spell information.
  • You can download the complete spell ID, name and level data for a given class. The data's cached for use when filling in spell lines, so after it's downloaded once you won't usually need to hit the data feed again. The download forces a resync of all spells, updating IDs and levels to match the current information and filling in any blanks where possible.
  • When filling in spells in a spell line, if it doesn't have the ID and level for a spell name in the cache it can check the data feed for the information. You can also manually force a refresh of any particular entry via a button.
  • When auto-filling a spell line, the tool will retrieve information for spells not in the cache from the data feed so the spells will all be current. The auto-fill feature depends on the spell line name matching the base name of the spell (the name without any roman-numeric suffix).
  • When creating a new spell line, you can retrieve a list of spell lines not already set up from the data feed.

I'm going to include a complete download of the spell name/ID/level data in the installer, so when installing it it'll automatically fill in any missing data. Being able to pull from the data feed will make it easier to add new spells as the level cap increases. And since the data feed knows about everything including AA and class-inherent abilities, it'll be a complete list.

I'm also thinking about how to rework the macros to use group/raid slot identifiers rather than character names, so QRBs work right with mercs. That'll carry over into the click-to-cure code in Profit as well. It can be done, but the window primarykey did had so many differences in the XML from Profit's standard window that I couldn't extract the relevant bits readily. The code has to allow access to actual names for tells and says too.
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Just remember if you use identifiers for casting, that you still need something looking at the names because you can't do something like this:

/tell r21 Hi there

But maybe we can convince SOE to add support to a few commands
I think the casting commands are the only ones that work currently.
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:05 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Just remember if you use identifiers for casting, that you still need something looking at the names because you can't do something like this:

/tell r21 Hi there

But maybe we can convince SOE to add support to a few commands
I think the casting commands are the only ones that work currently.
Right, those identifiers only work for the useability* commands I believe. What I'd have to do is have the useabilityonplayer commands use the identifiers while generic commands keep the existing scripting variables. It won't completely avoid all the bugs, trying to eg. send a tell to a merc is still going to go wonky, but it won't break curing or casting spells on/through the merc.
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Yeah. I have to use a hybrid setup. Because I can't use the same variable for the useability and the chat part. Othewise, you end up with /raidsay Curing curse on r24
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:57 PM
A Griffon

Eergh. /cureplayer can use the g#/r# slot names, but /useabilityonplayer requires a name. Have to see if quotes/apostrophes will group it together right, or if it's just plain not going to work on mercs.
Unread 11-15-2013, 12:57 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Eergh. /cureplayer can use the g#/r# slot names, but /useabilityonplayer requires a name. Have to see if quotes/apostrophes will group it together right, or if it's just plain not going to work on mercs.
I could have sworn I saw patch notes for something about mercs a while back for this. Will have to dig through notes...
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:42 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I could have sworn I saw patch notes for something about mercs a while back for this. Will have to dig through notes...
There's a /useabilityonmerc command that applies an ability to the merc belonging to a named player, or to a named merc. But the space in the merc's name still messes it up, and there's no gamedata indicating whether a particular group member is a merc or not and which player it belongs to so there's no way to have the script switch to using that command for mercs.

/cureplayer isn't completely sync'd up with how cures now work. The "only fires the cure if a detrimental is active" is nice, but it ties the cure tightly to the exact icon you click on rather than letting you click on any detrimental icon the way Profit's click-to-cure works. That was great back when we had individual cures for each type of detrimental, but doesn't fit having one cure cover all types.
Unread 11-16-2013, 04:52 PM
A Griffon

/useabilityonplayer does take the g1-6/r1-24 slot names. I'm modifying the Profit code to use them, and the QRB config tool to generate a config file to match.
Unread 06-13-2014, 12:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I'm working on version 1.5 of the QRB config tool. The new work involves adding access to the EQ2 data feed to retrieve spell information.
  • You can download the complete spell ID, name and level data for a given class. The data's cached for use when filling in spell lines, so after it's downloaded once you won't usually need to hit the data feed again. The download forces a resync of all spells, updating IDs and levels to match the current information and filling in any blanks where possible.
  • When filling in spells in a spell line, if it doesn't have the ID and level for a spell name in the cache it can check the data feed for the information. You can also manually force a refresh of any particular entry via a button.
  • When auto-filling a spell line, the tool will retrieve information for spells not in the cache from the data feed so the spells will all be current. The auto-fill feature depends on the spell line name matching the base name of the spell (the name without any roman-numeric suffix).
  • When creating a new spell line, you can retrieve a list of spell lines not already set up from the data feed.

I'm going to include a complete download of the spell name/ID/level data in the installer, so when installing it it'll automatically fill in any missing data. Being able to pull from the data feed will make it easier to add new spells as the level cap increases. And since the data feed knows about everything including AA and class-inherent abilities, it'll be a complete list.

I'm also thinking about how to rework the macros to use group/raid slot identifiers rather than character names, so QRBs work right with mercs. That'll carry over into the click-to-cure code in Profit as well. It can be done, but the window primarykey did had so many differences in the XML from Profit's standard window that I couldn't extract the relevant bits readily. The code has to allow access to actual names for tells and says too.
This sounds like it would be a great addition! Just curious if this is still in development?

Thanks!