EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:46 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Dead Info Center

It just shows a black box. When I cursor over it, the 'close' tag shows and I can click to close.

I use your full UI and the Updater. I use the auto update EQ2map.

The Info Center is one of my favorites because I don't need to keep Firefox open. I use the Notes feature extensively.

Any suggestions?
Unread 08-06-2012, 01:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I'll try to give it a look. I haven't used it in a long time, and it's been less than maintained over the past year+.
Unread 08-09-2012, 04:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default InfoCenter

I would be interested in seeing it repaired to work as well. Though some of the information is outdated, some of it is very useful. BTW - love your UI, I won't use anything else!
Unread 08-10-2012, 09:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I've uploaded an update for the Info Center and the Journal Info Center add-on.

None of the content was updated with this! I simply wanted to just get both add-ons in working condition again. I just don't have the free time to update the text files with current game content or add-in new buttons at the moment.

As in the past I've said: The text files are easy to edit, so feel free to update any text files and upload/email/paste them here.
Unread 08-18-2012, 12:44 AM
A Berserk Golem

The Notes section was the most important. I added updates on my own for Harvesting and a couple of other small features. Thanks for the text notes back! I'm going to check it out now! Thank you!
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:20 AM
A Berserk Golem

Yeah, no... that's not it. My Infocenter is still showing up as a black box.

The Infocenter just has to work and users can edit it themselves. Any chance of including the Infocenter with DrumsUI? Or, perhaps, a Notes feature included with DrumsUI?

How do I tackle fixing the feature myself? I know, I know... I'm not a techie and will probably crash my screen but the Infocenter is my most used mod besides the map.
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:37 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The way the file is included has changed, double check the instructions.
Needs to be installed properly to show up.

There's a new file, and it needs to be included in your eq2ui_custom.xml:
<include>DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml</include>

I haven't updated the updater to keep that file in, so be aware it can be overwritten until I fix it.
I probably won't include InfoCenter with my UI because it's a lot of extra files to include that a lot of people may or may not use.
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:06 PM
A Berserk Golem

The file is present and correctly entered, and the Infocenter is still a black box. I wish I knew coding so I wouldn't have to ask, but I don't, so I do.

Anyone else out there know coding who can fix this mod? It just has to work, not have the contents updated.
Unread 08-21-2012, 10:19 AM
A Berserk Golem

Okay, how about giving the Infocenter an executable file? We can access it by multi-tasking between the game and the Infocenter.
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Sorry I'm not a programmer that could do something like that. If you want something out of game, you can simply just use eq2.wikia.com or eq2.zam.com

Post the contents of your eq2ui_custom.xml in a reply.
Unread 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM
A Berserk Golem

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<!--
ONLY EDIT BELOW THIS COMMENT
-->

<include>DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml</include>

<!--
ONLY EDIT ABOVE THIS COMMENT
-->
</Page>

That's the whole file.
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Do you use the DrumsUI updater, I'm wondering if it overwrote the DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml file. Not sure why I put it in there now, but...

Double check these two lines are inside of your DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml file:

<include>eq2ui_custom_infocenter.xml</include>
<include>InfoCenter/includes.xml</include>
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:27 AM
A Berserk Golem

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those 2 lines fixed it perfectly!

Thank you so very much!
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:37 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Good to hear. You could put these two lines in your eq2_custom.xml instead, and then put that file on ignore (eq2ui_custom.xml). I don't like to change that file often much, so it's usually safe to put it on ignore after you've installed my UI.
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:33 PM
A Berserk Golem

I will indeed put that file on the ignore list.

Because I really like the Infocenter I'm looking at the challenge of updating the contents and making it available to everyone who also enjoys the mod. If I can learn how to add buttons for the expansions I'll

The Infocenter has been invaluable when I am leveling a new toon, especially the Harvesting and Hunting sections. Ppl should know where to find cyclops for L&L instead of struggling with a cluttered up EQ2Map with layered icons that never get cleaned up so they get hidden. The layered icons renders that aspect of the map as useless.

Thanks again for working on the solution for the Infocenter. You've made an old lady very happy!
Unread 10-20-2012, 06:56 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Splitpaw

I want to use Info Center but I can't get it to work.

The only other addon i use is eqmap, when I read your install instruction there is one thing - where should the DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml go ?

Thanks in advance.

A late EQ2 returner
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:21 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhuarc39 View Post
I want to use Info Center but I can't get it to work.

The only other addon i use is eqmap, when I read your install instruction there is one thing - where should the DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml go ?

Thanks in advance.

A late EQ2 returner
That file should be in the same folder as eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml.

So it'll be somewhere along the lines of /EverQuest II/ui/eq2maps/
Or: /EverQuest II/ui/custom/