EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-07-2005, 11:00 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thumbs Up

For 2.13.0 with hotfix 2:

Looks good, but I miss my green theme (screenshot). When are new themes/colors coming?

EDIT: I see now that it uses the same perdigraphics...can I just use the green one from the colorpack?

All of the windows are too transparent for my tastes. Is there any way to change the default transparency?

BTW, great work.

Last edited by Baronken : 09-07-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Unread 09-07-2005, 11:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default group health dos not work

group health dos not work with hotfix also patron no button, journal will not take new collection but on good note the best UI i have seen keep up great work. your blowing them away

Well i mis new hot fix and i works disband dos not thou thnx again

Last edited by john678 : 09-07-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Unread 09-07-2005, 11:12 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Also, I use 2 rows of hotkeys above the maintained spells bar (see attached picture below - that is an older picture and the new eq2 button window has the hostile effects on it). Is it possible to get custom 'player' and 'eq2 button/casting bar/breathing bar' windows (just need to be 1 hotbar height taller)? Perhaps you could add the crushing/slashing/piercing resistances in the extra area on the player window instead of having them toggle with the power bar.

These would be for the new 2.13.0 UI.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hotkeyarea.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	3607  
Unread 09-07-2005, 11:26 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Question

The installer:
At the end, it has checkboxes for Run eXtremeUI and for Show Readme.

What does Run eXtremeUI do? I tried it both checked and unchecked and didn't notice anything different.
Unread 09-07-2005, 12:37 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronken
Also, I use 2 rows of hotkeys above the maintained spells bar (see attached picture below - that is an older picture and the new eq2 button window has the hostile effects on it). Is it possible to get custom 'player' and 'eq2 button/casting bar/breathing bar' windows (just need to be 1 hotbar height taller)? Perhaps you could add the crushing/slashing/piercing resistances in the extra area on the player window instead of having them toggle with the power bar.

Thanks.
oooo I also use 2 different rows of hot keys like the above quote specifies. Also, as someone else mentioned - I would love some kind of a fix to change the colors easily... There is only one thing I didn't like on the new UI.. I run at the 1280x1024 I believe, and I dont have the 2nd chat window on the top - I really really miss it! Anyway we can re-add it or something... lol

Anyways, love the work you have done on the UI.
~Vamp
Unread 09-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by john678
group health dos not work with hotfix also patron no button, journal will not take new collection but on good note the best UI i have seen keep up great work. your blowing them away

Well i mis new hot fix and i works disband dos not thou thnx again

As stated in the install and the release notes on this thrid, this update is for LU13/DoF release, thus some windows will not work 100% on live servers. After LU13/DoF release every one will be a patron so there is no need for a make patron button.

Witch disband? disband a group member or disband from the group? There is 5 of each, need to know what one don't work.
Unread 09-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
For 2.13.0 with hotfix 2:

Looks good, but I miss my green theme (screenshot). When are new themes/colors coming?

EDIT: I see now that it uses the same perdigraphics...can I just use the green one from the colorpack?

All of the windows are too transparent for my tastes. Is there any way to change the default transparency?

BTW, great work.
For now yes you can use the perdigraphics in the colorpack. Next release no U won't be able to. I am redoing the skin because of miss sizes in target tray area. I'll try to make a new skin for each skin in the color pack but it'll take time.

If you have back drops full on then no thats as none transparent as they'll get. I'll be release new themes later after most bugs are gone.
Unread 09-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:

Thanks.
Hmm na, But in the next release the start window, maintaned and player window will all be in one window. I'll make it where u can resize it Horz so you'll be able to add ur hot bars.
Unread 09-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodriguezzz
oooo I also use 2 different rows of hot keys like the above quote specifies. Also, as someone else mentioned - I would love some kind of a fix to change the colors easily... There is only one thing I didn't like on the new UI.. I run at the 1280x1024 I believe, and I dont have the 2nd chat window on the top - I really really miss it! Anyway we can re-add it or something... lol

Anyways, love the work you have done on the UI.
~Vamp
Yes, In the addon there is a 25 skin pack you can down load. Just switch the one you like for the perdigraphic.dds file in the image directory.

As for the adding of a 2nd chat window; right click in the current chat window, select open new chat window, then slide it into place.
Unread 09-07-2005, 06:21 PM
A Brown Bear

It may be because I'm thick, but I cannot get the implied target window to appear. I have it set to a button in options but it won't appear...maybe it's buried under something.
Unread 09-07-2005, 07:47 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr
It may be because I'm thick, but I cannot get the implied target window to appear. I have it set to a button in options but it won't appear...maybe it's buried under something.
Press ALT + t a few times, and both target and implied target will pop up there.

However, I've noticed that they wont stay. They will autohide as soon as those windows has been used once.

Xarox Soulfire (Splitpaw)
Unread 09-07-2005, 07:59 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Befallen

Why isn't there a setting for 1600x1200? The only one you have is 1600 x 1024. I know people mostly would play 1280 X1024 or 1600 x 1200 but 1600 x 1024 is not a normal standard. Can you include 1600x1200 in your next version?
Unread 09-07-2005, 08:07 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Mistmoore

i don't think anyone else has mentioned this,, but i could be wrong.

anyhow, when trying to resize/move chat windows, i've noticed that you can't from the right edge, extending about 1/8th of the width of the box.

also, what happened to the "close this window" menu option in the right click commands? gee, for some odd reason i dislike having 4 extra chat windows i dunno how to kill open on my screen.

thanks
Unread 09-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr
Did you use your own ui_settings.ini file? If not it should be just over the target window. According to what you have cl_letter_box_amount set it, it could be under the target window. Do /show_window MainHud.impliedtarget , if it isn't showing now, do /cl_letter_box_amount 0.18095 . Yes I should of forced eq to use that setting in the eq2.ini file:/ I'll have it in there in the next release.
Unread 09-07-2005, 09:43 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

there is also a problem with the maintained effects window.. If you go over where it goes to smaller icons and add more buffs they wont reappear its like limited to only 15ish and not inifinate like b4
Unread 09-07-2005, 09:54 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Vox
Send a message via AIM to PilotMan

For the life of me I can NOT get the installer to install.

I keep getting "Please select a valid eq2_uisettings.ini file" After I have selected the only one available (Antonia Bayle_Pilotman_eq2_uisettings.ini).

My video settings match the option I have selected 1600x1024.

Can anybody help me by telling what I am doing wrong?
Unread 09-07-2005, 10:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinar
I would love to try out your UI but when the installer asks me to point to my eq ui settings file it then tells me the file is invalid. I have tried it for every character I have and still no go.

Hmm if the file you are trying to use as ur ui settings file is the standerd name it should work. what .ini files have you tried, type the names of the eq2_uisettings.ini file names here.

Here are the names of the files I was trying to point the intsaller too.

lucan dlere_boneyak_eq2_uisettings

lucan dlere_newt_eq2_uisettings

lucan dlere_tetra_eq2_uisettings

lucan dlere_mileena_eq2_uisettings

and many more tried all mt characters and it would say it was an invalid .ini file.
Unread 09-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow
Default Bags awry

Been swapping back between Laff's Alt Perdition UI and yours and I can't make up my mind which I like better .. I do like the vertical health guages of Laffs but yours is better in other aspects..

But your bags aren't showing properly .. the last bag is always a horizonal layout and can't seem to change it .. not bad if only a 12 or 14 slot .. but if I put my 24 slot bag in slot 6 .. yeow

It happens with all my chars and only with inventory slot 6

(Any chance of alt layouts ..like heath/power swapping positions with the casting bars?)

Thanks
Unread 09-08-2005, 03:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Hotkeys are not resizable

I've just installed the new version, and have no problem with the installer, but i think there is a minor error in the main hotkey bar (this one under target). The bar doesn't cover all the space left for it. I've tried to resize the bar, but ever restores itself to his initial long.
See image.

I don't know if it is intended or not, but i would like to know what i can do to resize the hotkeys bars (all of them, because i think that in 1024x786, that's my rez; i could add a new hotkey if i resize 2 of them, at top right corner, to a 2 rows pack instead of 3x3 rows pack). --- Edited: YES THEY RESIZE Correctly.

I hope all of u can understand what i'm saying, and srry for my bad english.

And thx all for this great UI, great job.

--- Edited: A new problem, the HealthHUD is over the chat, how can i move it? .... See image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	per post.png
Views:	442
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	3620  

Last edited by Mithriler : 09-08-2005 at 03:50 AM.
Unread 09-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan
For the life of me I can NOT get the installer to install.

I keep getting "Please select a valid eq2_uisettings.ini file" After I have selected the only one available (Antonia Bayle_Pilotman_eq2_uisettings.ini).

My video settings match the option I have selected 1600x1024.

Can anybody help me by telling what I am doing wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinar
Here are the names of the files I was trying to point the intsaller too.

lucan dlere_boneyak_eq2_uisettings

lucan dlere_newt_eq2_uisettings

lucan dlere_tetra_eq2_uisettings

lucan dlere_mileena_eq2_uisettings

and many more tried all mt characters and it would say it was an invalid .ini file.
Oh I see what may be makeing that happen.. There is a space in your server name? Hmm, for now rename the settigns ini file to take out the space and it should work. so in other words rename lucan dlere_mileena_eq2_uisettings.ini to lucandlere_mileena_eq2_uisettings.ini the after the installer runs rename it back. I'll get that fixed.
Unread 09-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakes
there is also a problem with the maintained effects window.. If you go over where it goes to smaller icons and add more buffs they wont reappear its like limited to only 15ish and not inifinate like b4
Come again?
Unread 09-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raesoth
Been swapping back between Laff's Alt Perdition UI and yours and I can't make up my mind which I like better .. I do like the vertical health guages of Laffs but yours is better in other aspects..

But your bags aren't showing properly .. the last bag is always a horizonal layout and can't seem to change it .. not bad if only a 12 or 14 slot .. but if I put my 24 slot bag in slot 6 .. yeow

It happens with all my chars and only with inventory slot 6

(Any chance of alt layouts ..like heath/power swapping positions with the casting bars?)

Thanks
Toggle the frame and title bar to change the layout of the bag, Horz,Vert and normal are the layouts.
Unread 09-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithriler
I've just installed the new version, and have no problem with the installer, but i think there is a minor error in the main hotkey bar (this one under target). The bar doesn't cover all the space left for it. I've tried to resize the bar, but ever restores itself to his initial long.
See image.

I don't know if it is intended or not, but i would like to know what i can do to resize the hotkeys bars (all of them, because i think that in 1024x786, that's my rez; i could add a new hotkey if i resize 2 of them, at top right corner, to a 2 rows pack instead of 3x3 rows pack). --- Edited: YES THEY RESIZE Correctly.

I hope all of u can understand what i'm saying, and srry for my bad english.

And thx all for this great UI, great job.

--- Edited: A new problem, the HealthHUD is over the chat, how can i move it? .... See image.
/sigh yea I know about the dumb gap, it's fixed in the next update. but I can't hot fix it because well a lot of other windows has changed.

If you turn on the title and fame you can move the healthhud, don't ask me why that is, its just that way lol.. you can turn them off after you get it placed where u want.
Unread 09-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
The installer:
At the end, it has checkboxes for Run eXtremeUI and for Show Readme.

What does Run eXtremeUI do? I tried it both checked and unchecked and didn't notice anything different.
Run eXtremeUI wil/shouldl start everquest2. I forgot to change the name.
Unread 09-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarox
Press ALT + t a few times, and both target and implied target will pop up there.

However, I've noticed that they wont stay. They will autohide as soon as those windows has been used once.

Xarox Soulfire (Splitpaw)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumulis
Why isn't there a setting for 1600x1200? The only one you have is 1600 x 1024. I know people mostly would play 1280 X1024 or 1600 x 1200 but 1600 x 1024 is not a normal standard. Can you include 1600x1200 in your next version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by biowulf_of_wa
i don't think anyone else has mentioned this,, but i could be wrong.

anyhow, when trying to resize/move chat windows, i've noticed that you can't from the right edge, extending about 1/8th of the width of the box.

also, what happened to the "close this window" menu option in the right click commands? gee, for some odd reason i dislike having 4 extra chat windows i dunno how to kill open on my screen.

thanks
xarox: The Implied target will go away when your taget has u targeted, targets somthing out side or your group/raid or has you targeted. Your target will go away when you go so far way from the taget. Thats the games code not mine.

Krumulis: 1600 x 1024 will/should work for any 1600 x XXXX setting. Plus my POS LCD will not do any thing past 1024.

biowulf_of_wa: Yea I know about the chat issue, Its got me stumped, just resize for the left:/

I guess SOE took that out, just turn on the title and use the close button maybe