EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-14-2005, 01:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

There shouldnt be a guild window in the UI folder now!
Also make sure there is not a eq2ui_examine.xml file in there also.

Also I just logged in to test stuff Im still working on and guess what! Half the fonts is well........... lets just say wrong

Working on fix for this now

The ammo in the inv window what inv are you using? the alt one or the one thats in the main UI folder already? send me a pm with that answer pls
Unread 09-14-2005, 02:15 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Heh just realised why I had a LAFFS-LITE_1, was already a folder on me desktop.

Just deleted the guild file, no examine one in there anyhoo!

Cmon slacker we need this!!

/giggle

/hug
Unread 09-14-2005, 03:08 PM
A Griffon

Ok, there was an examine file heh, its gone now and the tooltips work fab. Guild window works too. Theres still no box that tells you what zone yer in, name of current quest yer tracking and the coins and equip slots, no idea what you call that tho.

Apart from that its fab, well apart from the stupid quest helped window which has the white line around it for no reason! Just remove it!!

PS good work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000052.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	3679  
Unread 09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
A Griffon

Never mind the damn frame..

I take it that is a SS taken within like the past hour or so?

Howcome the fonts is ok???? Mine seems to be using some strange default version of Zapf15 , 16 etc etc ?

I cant move on untill I find out why ...... Getting ready to just throw the towel in now likes
Unread 09-14-2005, 06:22 PM
A Griffon

Yup was a recent one. You sure you aint got fonts from Profits or sommat messing you up? I deleted my old laffs lite folder, lobbed the new one in, removed the stuff you was too lazy to, and thats what I got!

You aint played with any options have you? /eye
Unread 09-15-2005, 09:54 AM
A Griffon

Not sure if this helps ya Laffy, but I just noticed theres some zapf fonts in the UI folder, are there meant to be? That said mine aint using them as you can see from me screenys.

One problem I been getting which I meant to ask you about is, when I start playing, I have an extra chat window appear when I try to type stuff, so I delete it, and reset my main chat window to *always talk here*.

I have to do this everytime I log in, and I dunno why! Any ideas? I know its prolly not UI related but thought Id ask seeing as you're so clever.

Unread 09-15-2005, 10:06 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Okay, so I downloaded the fixed version of Laffs-Lite, and it all seemed to work fine. But, I still get the message saying the UI is out dated and when I hover over something nothing happens and also in the top middle of the screen where the inventroy type window is, I just have a blank space. Any ideas?
Unread 09-15-2005, 10:41 AM
A Griffon

I was on with those fonts for like 3 hours lastnight and got nowhere... with and without the new options in game... Those font files are surposed to be in the ui folder likes....

As for the extra chat window is it not a stray tab ... drag and drop it onto the other chat window and then do the delete tab option that should kill it.

The inventory has been showing up on load up as expanded since LU13 I know that much... Going to see what I can do to sort this mess out again now
Unread 09-15-2005, 12:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcondom
Okay, so I downloaded the fixed version of Laffs-Lite, and it all seemed to work fine. But, I still get the message saying the UI is out dated and when I hover over something nothing happens and also in the top middle of the screen where the inventroy type window is, I just have a blank space. Any ideas?
delete eq2ui_examine.xml shou;d solve it for now
Unread 09-15-2005, 01:07 PM
A Griffon

Thanks to those of you that are helping by answering some questions from other users

Oks then I have found what the strange fonts problem was .... (by chance as it happens) The old Zapf15 , 18 etc is now using the zcal801b.TTF font now that is the font for the new tooltip and since I already had that included things were gradualy changing to loading up the style from there hence bypassing my settings.... (basicly)

So I am in the process of putting all my own fonts in insted so sony dont nuke them again with this tooltip font type crap anymore....

I have discovered a much quicker way to do this in the process but not sure how stable it would be.... Anyways fingers crossed and you will get an update to the update so to speak quite soon....

Then I can move onto the other windows again that had to be removed.
Unread 09-15-2005, 01:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default broker windows missing fields

hoi. just another thingy i recognized is the broker windows.
the new selections fields of class and lvl range are missing.

but u can use the .xml form original UI and thats it.

greetz and great work and great UI!
Unread 09-15-2005, 02:15 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Okay, I deleted that file and the error message is gone, everything is working fine except one thing.

As you can see in the top middle I am missing that little screen area. Yes, I am lvl 9 with 11 plat. ;-)

Edit: Also, alot of times now when zoning and it is loading UI resources, it goes to a full bar and sits there. I am in the game, but the screen did not load and I have to close out.

Last edited by Warcondom : 09-15-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Unread 09-15-2005, 03:06 PM
A Griffon

Loading is a game issue and nothing to do with the UI

The window your missing is the real inventory window toggle "i" and see if it shows or try /show window (MainHUD.Inventory) that should bring it up...

All these things I know about and am still changing all the fonts atm .. so this stuff will have to wait.
Unread 09-15-2005, 03:47 PM
A Forest Scavenger

That command did not bring it up. I press 'I' and it brings up my inventory, But before the patch I had a window up there displaying my bags, and a little tab that I could switch to view my weapon, secondary and activate slots.
Unread 09-15-2005, 07:26 PM
A Griffon

Hmm ... its the fake inv window your using from the main Ui folder ....

Have i posted you the right syntax lol ..

My brain is fried atm.....

Let me catch up with other stuff then I have a closer look at this .
Unread 09-15-2005, 07:50 PM
A Grizzled Badger

i tried:

/show_window mainhud.Inventory
/show_window mainhud.inventory
/show_window inventory.Inventory
/show_window inventory.inventory

none of those brought it up
Unread 09-16-2005, 12:37 AM
A Grizzled Badger

think i found the problem with the missing window Laffs...not sure though.... did you use to have an xml file named eq2ui_mainhud_quickbar.xml file? cause it seems that the mainhud file is asking for one but no file and it seemed to be the one that fits...dunno though...just a thought
Unread 09-16-2005, 10:37 AM
A Griffon

Sorry mate I never did anything with that window / file, I will see what is wrong after I get this lot sorted
Unread 09-16-2005, 01:30 PM
A Grizzled Badger

no prob....was just trying to find out what is causing the missing window....was just me messing around....eh such is life....not a huge thing right now truly...

*waiting patiently cause Laffs Lite UI is awesome*
Unread 09-16-2005, 02:32 PM
A Griffon

Default Update

Sorted

Thanks for your patience guys it was the font issue that realy threw me and I started to make my own font styles etc etc (took up lots of time) untill it dawned on me lastnight that there was a very easy way around the problem lol ....... So yeh live and learn guys lol

PLEASE DELETE THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THE OLD Laffs_Lite FOLDER BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONE
Unread 09-16-2005, 07:21 PM
A Griffon

Yip thats sorted it!

Now, about that quest helper window and making it transparent....

Oh, I been using Jaxels skinned Journal too, its got the writs, heritage and L&L info in it, why dont you assimilate it and thank him?
Unread 09-16-2005, 08:24 PM
A Griffon

Madhog,

For some reason I would very much like to kill you painfully, But somehow my life would have a grate void in it afterwards I think,

Oks onto your next set of complaints lol

1. Quest helper... post the xml file that you are using here and i will fix it for you, as I am sure your the only guy that wants this lol

2. Yeh I have looked at that and it is a damn good idea .... it would free up a few button slots for a toggle bank bags button and stuff also.... BUT I am not going to copy Jaxels, (oh hold on dont quote me on that, We using a skinned version of his quest window anyways, So sod it yeh oks then I going to hijack Jaxels yet again I guess, Why re-invent the wheel =p)

Unread 09-17-2005, 03:55 AM
A Griffon

Complaints?? Suggestions! Dont forget who suggested this fab UI in the first place! You only did it, *I* was the genius who thought of it it!

Ok its the active quest window, the one that gives you hints on screen. I dont want any stats in, or the white border etc, just want a clean, empty window that shows details of the quest I got selected. Ive tried doing it meself but messed it up badly. There seems to be more than 1 layer I think, which means nowt to me, and I cant figure it out.

I have the vision, just not the know how.

If I knew where you lived, Id give you a big hug!
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_journals.xml (288 Bytes, 408 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_journals_active.xml (13.4 KB, 347 views)
Unread 09-17-2005, 01:15 PM
A Griffon

Omg a big hug.... a frightning thought lol

As for dont know where I live its bad enough that you know where to find me on here hehe

Oks going to take a look at this and post it back here for you .... Hopefully I will get some peace then lol
Unread 09-17-2005, 01:22 PM
A Griffon

That white frame you was moaning about (erm requested to be gone, lol)

Was in the style of the parent page m8 and not in the frame page... that maybe why you didnt notice it in the code...

Anyway just for you its gone now (but keep a copy of this file as it wont be in the next update you will have to keep dropping that one back into the UI every update yourself m8)
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_journals_active.xml (13.3 KB, 353 views)