Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-14-2005, 12:50 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
There is the TyeJae Night Steel mod by Aeeolog ( i think) that mixes TyeJae and Fetish Nighfall into a good mix. I believe its based off of Aalwien's V2, as opposed to perditions bottom styles.

Not to steal Laff's thunder or anything, I'm just sayin SOMEONE mixed the stuff.
Pffftt Traitor, I hope the tradeskill window falls on your toes! j/k
Unread 04-14-2005, 08:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks the tradeskill UI seems to be working for the most part now, and the sahding is working
Unread 04-15-2005, 07:34 AM
A Griffon

Np,

There might be an update to the UI today, If I ever get through all this work first

A "find it" button isnt as straight forward as it seems to be !, So I resorted to pulling the fetish one to bits , So what we are going to end up with is a fetish/perdition type store window, broker window can stay as per default for now, next job is more work on the tradeskill windows after I get this fixed, Also found a problem with the traget window con color not being right at times the implied window is fine I resized stuff and lined that up ages ago, looks like I need to do same with target now, maintained will now go left 2 right / down .... so me been busy
Unread 04-15-2005, 10:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up casting and pref panel windows

hi,

i'm a long-time downloader, first-time poster . just wanted to say that this is a great UI. Well done! but i have 2 small problems with it i can't see the casting window or the preference panel window thingy. is there a command or something to bring it up? cause i couldn't find it.

thanks
Unread 04-16-2005, 08:59 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalMaster
hi,

i'm a long-time downloader, first-time poster . just wanted to say that this is a great UI. Well done! but i have 2 small problems with it i can't see the casting window or the preference panel window thingy. is there a command or something to bring it up? cause i couldn't find it.

thanks
If your using the char settings file supplied they should both be there and in position...... If not I must have posted this 100 times now lol

Toggle "alt+u" the perf panel and the casting window are linked to the player window that should bring them up...
Unread 04-16-2005, 10:11 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to dc_roenfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Pffftt Traitor, I hope the tradeskill window falls on your toes! j/k
MWA-HAHAHAHAH-HAHAHAHA-HAHAHAHA!!! (<---- maniac-type laughter)
*few seconds pass*
*THUNK* (<---- tradeskill window falling on toes)
AAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!! (<--- thats me howling in pain)
Unread 04-16-2005, 03:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking yay!

great! thanks Laffs! yay! best ui ever! woohoo
Unread 04-16-2005, 04:00 PM
A Griffon

Default Update

There is an update to the UI availible soon..

Mostly just skinned few more windows..

Made the Tradeskills a bit more compact

Included Ger's "fixed" version of the mini HO wheel (seem to be hijacking a lot of his stuff lately, So i keep getting reminded j/k bud)

Redone the bags (again) from scratch as the stay put one's wernt staying put and neither is my new versions (sigh) I wish SoE would fix this issue its driving me nutz!!!

Feel free to download Ger's bag mod and replace mine if you wish, untill they fix the problem

I think thats about it for now

Last edited by Laffs : 04-16-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Unread 04-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

You didn't include the new version of the HO wheel? (The one that fixes the timer ordering)
Unread 04-16-2005, 04:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
You didn't include the new version of the HO wheel? (The one that fixes the timer ordering)
Oh bugger! lol

Yes I did time for another quick edit hehe
Unread 04-17-2005, 04:16 PM
A Griffon

Default Recent Update

If you have recently downloaded this UI and are having problems like no right click and the screen black then

Delete

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml

from the BottomV8 folder

Set the letterbox to

cl_letter_box_amount 0.110000
letterbox_frame_visible false

The main problem was a copy of the map crept into the file I uploaded...

(The download is fixed now by the way)

Sorry.
Unread 04-17-2005, 08:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Mistmoore

Havent had the time to get this yet but it looks real awesome... If I wasnt currently raiding then id be getting this and checking it out for myself, so I will just ask.. is there a customized raid window?
Unread 04-18-2005, 06:55 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardling
Havent had the time to get this yet but it looks real awesome... If I wasnt currently raiding then id be getting this and checking it out for myself, so I will just ask.. is there a customized raid window?
Sorry there is not one of those, For 2 reasons

1. I dont know what you all would like to see in a raid window and if it to be smaller larger or what lol

2. I have only ever been in 2 short raids in eq2 so testing of this is next to impossible for me

As things that seem to work just fine in the UI builder somtimes dont work that way in game, group windows and stuff being one of those things..

Maybe if sombody was willing to do the testing and tell me what they would like to see then I could put something together.
Unread 04-18-2005, 11:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Couple simple Issues i'm having

First..when loading up the UI today for the first time (deleted the old one and put in all the new stuff) you get 2 windows on your screen.
one is the button window with shaders, nightvision and customs on it...
the other is just a blank little window that looks like a smaller version of the implicite target one.

where are they supposed to be?

also on the (installed the bag mod too) there is no boxes to exit the inventory screen fyi...can only use I to exit =)

***nevermind...the 2 windows are gone now that i relogged into the game...wierd

Last edited by urlryn : 04-18-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Unread 04-18-2005, 12:01 PM
A Griffon

Lol never thought about there not being a close button on the inv before I always use "i"

As for the little windows you better hope the one that seems to be blank comes back lol, As thats your casting and breath gauge

Probably for the 101th time now

Toggle "alt+u" and then position the windows where you want them.. a damn good clue is to have a look at the screenshot where the download is
Unread 04-19-2005, 01:40 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

I love all the modifications you have mod to this UI. For some reason when I installed the Hotkey with spell name mod, the hotkey bars are a tad bigger and dont fit well with the mod. No clue why its not working now. They are just a tad bigger and overlap things. Any way you could take this UI hotkey thing and fix it to work in the new V8 format ? Thanks a bunch.

Heres a pic of what I mean

Heres the Hotkey download to mess with
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3638
Unread 04-19-2005, 06:46 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizardling
DLed this the other day and noticed a few things

Buffs would go outside of the buff box often... especially during raids.

Your targets target window is kind of small, can deal with it though.(would be great if its a bit more noticeable, I prefer to have an easier view of what im assisting a person on but thats just me.)

If you go over 1000 in weight your able to carry, it cuts off part of the 1000+ number.

Other than that its great Just gotta get used to it...
When you say buffs going outside of the buff box do you mean in the maintained window (the one under your name) or the effects window the main one at the top?

As for implied target I will see if there is a way to make the hp and mana bars a bit bigger (if space allows)

As for the weight are you refering to the weight that is displayed in the experiance window in the top left corner?

Quote:
I installed the Hotkey with spell name mod, the hotkey bars are a tad bigger and dont fit well with the mod. No clue why its not working now. They are just a tad bigger and overlap things. Any way you could take this UI hotkey thing and fix it to work in the new V8 format ? Thanks a bunch.
An interesting mod for sure, I will have a look into maybe doing this but not to keen on the way the names get cut off due to the icons window size and to make them bigger is not an option we have with the space availible for it all to fit in.
Unread 04-19-2005, 07:02 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:

An interesting mod for sure, I will have a look into maybe doing this but not to keen on the way the names get cut off due to the icons window size and to make them bigger is not an option we have with the space availible for it all to fit in.
The cut off way is fine for me. It also helps because the spell names are written in the color of the spell. Meaning orange is a spell you just got.Over 100 people downloaded the hotkey mod for version 8, so I would guess its a great add-on. As it stands now, all that has to be done is shave off like 2cm to make it an exact copy of the hotkey that you provide.
Unread 04-19-2005, 08:53 AM
A Griffon

Hehe lol

Wish it was as simple as "shaving off 2cm" lol

I know how the code in that mod works so rather than "mod that mod" as it were, I will put a few name tags in the hotbar we have and see what it turns out like.... Just out of interest can you still click though the name to activate the ability? (I guess you can)
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Hehe lol

Wish it was as simple as "shaving off 2cm" lol

I know how the code in that mod works so rather than "mod that mod" as it were, I will put a few name tags in the hotbar we have and see what it turns out like.... Just out of interest can you still click though the name to activate the ability? (I guess you can)
As long as the text labels are set AbsorbsInput="false" and GetsInput="false" you'll be able to click through them to activate the hotkey they're sitting over top of.
Unread 04-19-2005, 03:51 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Just saw the new update. Thanks for adding the spell name feature. 1 small thing though, any way to get rid of the numbers and alt cntrl things ? With the spell names and them up at the same time, it makes the icons themselves hard to see.
Unread 04-19-2005, 07:19 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Blackburrow
Default hmm a few questions.

I'm loving this UI, though some things I like the others.

over all I use the perdition and the mods i've seen here, though the bags i'm not too fond of and the inventory screen i'm not fond of, but my problem is two fold. i'm using 1600 by 1200 (the ui files provided with the ui itself. and the following always happens:

1) after a few times of shifting chars or sometimes the first time EQ2 crashes.

2) if i leave the 4th and 5th hot key bars are up, and I come back in the default primary, secondary and terciary (spelling sucks for me) revert back to the original as being the top, middle and last.

Also I'd love to get the most recent but again i want to keep my inventory the same and the bags the way i have them, which files would i not overwrite for that? =) thanks for the work... everything is looking great!

Krylosis
Unread 04-19-2005, 07:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylosis
I'm loving this UI, though some things I like the others.

over all I use the perdition and the mods i've seen here, though the bags i'm not too fond of and the inventory screen i'm not fond of, but my problem is two fold. i'm using 1600 by 1200 (the ui files provided with the ui itself. and the following always happens:

1) after a few times of shifting chars or sometimes the first time EQ2 crashes.

2) if i leave the 4th and 5th hot key bars are up, and I come back in the default primary, secondary and terciary (spelling sucks for me) revert back to the original as being the top, middle and last.

Also I'd love to get the most recent but again i want to keep my inventory the same and the bags the way i have them, which files would i not overwrite for that? =) thanks for the work... everything is looking great!

Krylosis
Hotbars I could be wrong but I think thats a SoE problem?

Inv and bags just download and overwite them with the versions you want to use as they not tied in with anyother windows

As for keeping your chars settings EG: chat, bag placement etc just dont use the server_char settings file that is supplied with the mod.. if your using a perdition type UI to start with all the main windows will be in the right places already so no need to use a settings file... That way you keep all your placements etc..

Unread 04-19-2005, 07:58 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Blackburrow

Laffs, my issue with the hot bars is this:

if I have my hot bars set up like this:

1 Primary
2 second
3 third

I log off then back on another time they end up like this:
1 (third)
3 (primary)
5 (Secondary)

and the rows that don't have anything show things so i'll sometimes see two alt bars and two ctrl bars. any way you know of to keep it set up like the first? =) just want to make sure you realize that this is how it's working. now if i only have 3 bars when i log off, it stays as it is, only if i have more than 3.

thanks for the info about the other files =) wasn't an issue of bag positions more the style of bags.

Krylosis.
Unread 04-19-2005, 08:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok those 2 windows reappeared from my last post but now they won't go away!

How do i get rid of them? We don't really need them since a casting/air timer actually appears on the screen when they are needed. So I am always seeing 2 bars in different locations when either action is being done.

Second quicky fix..how do i get rid of all the text from the hotkeys...i don't really need them to say Cnt alt and such...guess i like to see my icons :P

Thanks again

Last edited by urlryn : 04-19-2005 at 09:06 PM.