EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 06-08-2006, 09:52 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Thumbs Up SageUI

Starting this thread for anyone who would like to discuss SageUI or any of my SageUI individual pieces. Please feel free to post any suggestions or problems and I will make every attempt to accomodate. Thanks in advance for any new suggestions for fixes or add-ons anyone posts. If you would like some really cool add-ons like an in-game MP3 player, combat parser, item database, etc. then please click on this link:

SageUI Add-ons

Sage
Unread 06-09-2006, 04:25 AM
A Griffon

Server: Test
Thumbs Up Chat window..

Hi,

Nice Job on this UI. Only problem I am having is I can not scroll to the other tabs I have on the main chat window. I have 6 tabs on it and only 3 are showing because of the size I have the window at. However the little <, > do not work for me to scroll to other tabs.

Other than that, great job..

oh, one other thing.. Guild window. Where is the ability to see members that are NOT online? If I wanted to see if we have a oo, say a sage lvl 60 or what have ya, I can not, because I can not display anything other than who is online at the moment. Would be nice to have all those display abilities. As an officer of me guild it is very useful to me.

Thanks...
Turzen

Last edited by Eshaac : 06-09-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Unread 06-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up

bravo michsageman242

one of the best ui i have found so far.

i would like to request a little add on thou, if that is ok

i was looking for a stat bar with haste, run & dps please

is this possible?

other then that, my soxes are missing, cause you blew them off.

lol
Unread 06-09-2006, 10:04 PM
An Undead Settler

Default Answers

Quote:
Nice Job on this UI. Only problem I am having is I can not scroll to the other tabs I have on the main chat window. I have 6 tabs on it and only 3 are showing because of the size I have the window at. However the little <, > do not work for me to scroll to other tabs.
Will check into that. This is the gradient chat window which I have not altered at all but I will see what I can do. I never have that many chat tabs up on one window so I have never ran into that problem before but I will see if anything can be done. For now you could switch back to the default by deleting the mainhud.mainchat file from the SageUI or open up another chat window and stack them using the bubble on the lower left to close and open them.

Quote:
oh, one other thing.. Guild window. Where is the ability to see members that are NOT online?
Just added this guild window to the UI. I will definately have to fix this right away cause I too am a guild leader and this is an absolute neccessity. I think I am going to work on this tonight.

Quote:
was looking for a stat bar with haste, run & dps please iis this possible?
Nice idea. Will definately look into it. There is a stat bar already a part of the UI so I will look into adding these to it. Shouldn't be too hard at all as long as there is dynamic data available for it. Just gotta figure out the placement. Gonna fix some other things from above first but I will get on it after my vacation. Thanks for the idea.

Sage
Unread 06-10-2006, 03:14 PM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up Guild Window Fixed

Quote:
oh, one other thing.. Guild window. Where is the ability to see members that are NOT online? If I wanted to see if we have a oo, say a sage lvl 60 or what have ya, I can not, because I can not display anything other than who is online at the moment. Would be nice to have all those display abilities. As an officer of me guild it is very useful to me.
Just loaded the patch to the guild window now. Also posted it as an individual mod piece in the guild window download section. You can download it there or as a patch on the origional SageUI page (see link below). Still working on the chat window. Code is all there its just now working. Got tied up with totally redoing the guild window so I haven't messed with the chat all that much yet. Will let you know when I get that done.

Sage

SageUI
Unread 06-10-2006, 07:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

So far I'm really impressed with this UI, and now that the bag windows have been fixed I haven't been having any major problems with them per se.

That said, I do have one suggestion (and I'm not sure how big a deal it is, but...)

Tradeskills spells are grouped into groups of three, but the default tradeskill book is blocked out in 4x4 squares. If they were blocked out in 3x3 squares, it would be possible to use the default sort commands to organize them without having to actually move them around. I don't know how feasable it is to do that, but if it were possible it would make tradeskilling a lot easier on the outset.
Unread 06-10-2006, 10:06 PM
A Griffon

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsageman242
Just loaded the patch to the guild window now. Also posted it as an individual mod piece in the guild window download section. You can download it there or as a patch on the origional SageUI page (see link below). Still working on the chat window. Code is all there its just now working. Got tied up with totally redoing the guild window so I haven't messed with the chat all that much yet. Will let you know when I get that done.

Sage

SageUI
Great.. Thanks for fast updating/fixes..

Turzen
Unread 06-11-2006, 09:22 PM
An Undead Settler

Default Chat Window

Quote:
I worked on this awhile and actually made a whole new chat window in doing so. Might post it. We will see. Bottom line is that its not the mod. Even the default UI's scroll arrows do not work. This is an SOE problem. They have yet to even fix it on their own UI so I would guess it is something that will be remedied with a patch or fix. I will post it in the eq2 forums and see what happens. Sorry there is no fix for it at this time. You will just have to load two windows or stretch the chat window. I loaded the default UI completely just to be sure and the arrows still don't work. Will let you know if a fix comes up.

Sage
Unread 06-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

i deleted previous message and found better info it's 2300hrs where i am at and im kinda tired so sorry for the rambling.

hi i was getting bore at work and i know your busy, so i been trying to reverse engineer a few .xml. i hope you dont mind.

here is a stat bar that is nice

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3227

kinda like yours money bar with extras now if we could take

insomniac stats bar and add avoidance, haste and run that would be a perfect

stat bar and have the option on being turned on and off with your little button

note vert reborn has a pet tab with the extra stats

link:

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4166

god i hope i am not being a bother. i try to make this work on my own, but

my ninja skill are weak, need to pratice.

thanks
Unread 06-12-2006, 12:39 AM
An Undead Settler

Unhappy Knowledge Book

Quote:
Tradeskills spells are grouped into groups of three, but the default tradeskill book is blocked out in 4x4 squares. If they were blocked out in 3x3 squares, it would be possible to use the default sort commands to organize them without having to actually move them around. I don't know how feasable it is to do that, but if it were possible it would make tradeskilling a lot easier on the outset.
I messed around with this a bit. A few hours actually. Its impossible at this time to do. I have made the knowledge book capable of doing so and it looks fairly decent but the game is hard coded to send sixteen icons/abilities per page. If I delete one of the icons then it skips it as if it were there but you can't see it then. Then the next page is out of order anyways. Hopefully Soe will give us the ability at some point to rearrange this order to make the sort more useful but for now it can't be done.

Sage
Unread 06-12-2006, 01:54 AM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up Request Granted

Quote:
i would like to request a little add on thou, if that is ok

i was looking for a stat bar with haste, run & dps please

is this possible?
Here it is Novawop. I added Run speed and haste to the current stat bar. Don't think there is dps dynamic data available. That would come from a combat parser which you can download from my site (linked below). I changed the colors of the stat values to seperate them better and make them show up more as well. I am going to add it to the UI and post as an add-on for now. You can download it here too though. The screen shot is in the SageUI add-on section and in a download file below. Enjoy!

Sage

I will be gone for two weeks starting Monday so cya all in a bit.

************* I have made a new statbar ********************
Added 07/25/07
New stat bar includes the DPS stat as well as now having four total configurations. You can download here in the forums or in the misc. download section HERE .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Statbar.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	5179  
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageUI_Statbar.zip (4.3 KB, 471 views)

Last edited by michsageman242 : 07-25-2006 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added the DPS stat now
Unread 06-12-2006, 02:52 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

OMG it is Totally awsome, took me a little while to find it but once i did.

it is super great.

For those of you, who get lost sometimes. (like me)

It is quite easy to find.

in game do a ctrl+p and next to the minimize button is the personalbar

and it is awsome

thanks again, i love it.
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:40 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unrest
Default Collection Quest Tab missing

My buddy and I both have the same problem with collection quests. There is not a collection tab and when you examine a collection item, it pops up the Active quests window. We both had to temporarily remove the eq2.ini and server_character ini's and load up the default interface to do our collections and then copy the ini's back to the EQ2 directory. Are we doing something wrong or is this a known bug?
Unread 06-20-2006, 08:10 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Reposting this here since I didn’t see this thread until just now.

Love your Journal mod as it was exactly what I was looking for and more. The addition of the Heritage and Writ tabs is simply brilliant.

My only suggestion would be to allow the divider to be moved in order to resize the left-side but other than that it's perfect. Thank you so much for your hard work.

Also, can you confirm if it would be the mod that is stopping me from using the following new commands added in LU24 or if there’s something else going on? It’s not a big deal as I can live without them but I just wanted to know one way or another before I pull out the rest of my hair trying to figure out if something’s wrong on my end.

“There is some new functionality with the Quest Helper window. Pressing Ctrl+, (comma) or Ctrl+. (period) will scroll forward and backward through recently selected quests. You can also use Alt+. (period) to cycle quests that were recently updated. UI modders, explore the new eq2ui_journals_active.xml file in order to integrate arrows, drop-downs, etc. into your creations.”

Also, any chance that we might see an update that would include the arrows that the above mentions? Or maybe the option to have them if we want them or to not have them otherwise.

Thanks again for everything.
Unread 06-28-2006, 09:52 PM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up Answers

Hello everyone. Just got back from vacation and it was wonderful. Went to Bonarroo and saw some great concerts by alot of fantastic bands. Phil Lesh and Friends blew the roof off the final night so for those of you who left early you really missed out on the best show of the whole festival although Tom Petty was great too. I also went to Branson and I recommend everyone to go see the Cirque. Its great and well worth the money.

Quote:
My buddy and I both have the same problem with collection quests. There is not a collection tab and when you examine a collection item, it pops up the Active quests window. We both had to temporarily remove the eq2.ini and server_character ini's and load up the default interface to do our collections and then copy the ini's back to the EQ2 directory. Are we doing something wrong or is this a known bug?
Don't have this problem on my own computer nor have I heard of anyone else having this either. If anyone else is please let me know and I will investigate further. I would have to say this was an soe problem. More than likely it has been fixed by them already. Are you still having this problem???

Quote:
There is some new functionality with the Quest Helper window. Pressing Ctrl+, (comma) or Ctrl+. (period) will scroll forward and backward through recently selected quests. You can also use Alt+. (period) to cycle quests that were recently updated. UI modders, explore the new eq2ui_journals_active.xml file in order to integrate arrows, drop-downs, etc. into your creations.
I am uploading a new version of the SageUI that is update 24 compatible. I will look into adding these to the next update. Thanks for letting me know about this. Seems like it would be useful for those that like to use the keyboard.

Some of you may be interested in a movie that now has been set up to be seen free at anytime at the following url. All of you should really check it out. Its not about conspiracy theories but about the truth. It raises alot of legitamate questions regarding the events of 9/11 and I really believe that every American deserves to see and has an obligation to share it. I know this isn't a political forum but I feel you all are the best people to share this info with and you will know what to do with it. This is the last I will say about it here as this is for Eq2 and not a political platform. Please check it out. You owe it to yourself, your friends, your family, and the victims of both 9/11 and the war in Iraq. Here's the url link: Click the Watch Loose Change Link

Sage

Last edited by michsageman242 : 06-28-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Unread 07-01-2006, 05:27 AM
A Griffon

Question

Welcome back,

Have a problem.. The "my class/lvl" button not working for my lvl 62 Conj.

Also, having problems with "The Maintained spells" window. When I log a char on, the icons and descriptions for the icons are all at the top of my player window. When I hover over the "maintained spells window" the icons drop back down to where they are suposed to be. The only thing I can see wrong in that window is the first icon is ontop of the border of the maintained spells window instead of being inside of the window.

Tuzen...

Last edited by Eshaac : 07-01-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Unread 07-01-2006, 12:12 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Have a problem.. The "my class/lvl" button not working
What button are you talking about? I have so much added to this UI I can't seem to recall exactly which button you are referring to.

Quote:
Also, having problems with "The Maintained spells" window. When I log a char on, the icons and descriptions for the icons are all at the top of my player window
I have heard of this issue a few times before but not everyone is experiencing it. It seems to be an soe problem with the way it loads the window. It does correct once hovering over though so I haven't made it a priority fix yet. I will look into it soon though.

Quote:
The only thing I can see wrong in that window is the first icon is ontop of the border of the maintained spells window instead of being inside of the window.
First I heard of this so I appreciate you telling me about it. I will check the next time I log in and make the fix if neccessary. Thank you for the input.

I will be out this weekend for the holidays. I just got a new boat and well, I am using it to its fullest, hehe. I will look into these things more on Monday when I have a bit more time. There is another issue with the market favorites I noticed that I do need to fix so I will also be working on that then too. When clicking on a favorite it does not automatically search for it now so I need to fix it. Cya all soon.

Sage
Unread 07-01-2006, 01:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

This is an incredible UI, thank you very much for your time and effort in building it.

I have a problem, however - after installing it per instructions, everything works fine *except* I have no target windows. Neither the target window nor the implied target window are to be found. I downloaded another set of target and implied target files and overwrote them into the SageUI folder, but they won't show either.

I have reset the opacity for all windows, and turned off "allow windows off screen".

Any other ideas how to fix it?

Thanks
Unread 07-01-2006, 01:27 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Try pressing Alt-T.
Unread 07-01-2006, 09:18 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Try pressing Alt-T.
That should do it. Only thing I can think of that would do that. The ini file I included appears to be okay so maybe you somehow hit the key by accident. Either way hitting alt-t should make it appear again. Glad you like the UI and thank you Gm9 for the fix.

Sage
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Default welcome back

hey you doing a great job. i hope your vacation was good.
take care.

best ui yet.
Unread 07-02-2006, 08:56 AM
A Griffon

[quote=michsageman242]What button are you talking about? I have so much added to this UI I can't seem to recall exactly which button you are referring to.

What button???? There is only "1" place in your entire ui that you have a button with a label my class/lvl.. the Broker/merchant one. Not only does it not work for my conj, but inorder for it to appear I have to go into windows setting for the broker window and select to show no title bar and then reselect to show all for it to show up.
Unread 07-02-2006, 12:34 PM
An Undead Settler

Talking Hehe

Quote:
What button???? There is only "1" place in your entire ui that you have a button with a label my class/lvl.
LOl, yeah I guess you are right. I didn't really think that one out now did I? It was late and that's my only excuse. . This is Zonx's market window so I have done little in the line of modding it myself. I just added it to my own UI because it is the best out there. I am uploading a new version right now. I will upload the update to the market window here for you and any others that do not need the full UI. Let me know if this fixes your problem as I do not have a conj to check. Thanks for the input.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageUI_Market_LU24.zip (12.6 KB, 481 views)
Unread 07-02-2006, 03:13 PM
A Griffon

Cool. Thanks for the fast response
Unread 07-02-2006, 06:53 PM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up Journal Update

Quote:
Pressing Ctrl+, (comma) or Ctrl+. (period) will scroll forward and backward through recently selected quests. You can also use Alt+. (period) to cycle quests that were recently updated.
Here's the journal update.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip LU_24_Journals_active.zip (2.3 KB, 469 views)