Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 06-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone
Default Browser Window fix

Attached is the updated file for the browser. It's a pretty trivial change, but easier for folks to download it and copy over than have to make it themselves.

I need to update the target window with the new quest symbols (as well as with the target tag symbols, which I've realized have been missing), I'll upload a full zip interface after that is done.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml (7.7 KB, 570 views)
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks!!!!
Unread 06-26-2012, 02:04 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default didn't work for me..

thank you for the effort, and it may be something i didn't do properly but...

I renamed the Fetish folder i had been using so i would then be installing fresh. i did that, and then added the patches after, the 64 and the browner one in this thread, but no luck.. i also had tried this browser xml onto the fetich before the clean install, no luck either.

before i installed anything for it, it just showed me a black blank screen for the browser, but after i installed the updated requirements it crashed eq2 from then on when i tried to use the browser in any way. this is not good i really need it. any advice plz? ty
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Try deleting the browser file from your Fetish install. If you're still crashing whenever you open the browser then it's a bug related to SOE's implementation of the browser itself and not related to your custom UI (all the UI for the browser does is skin the window, the functionality of it is completely driven by SOE). Folks have been reporting a wide variety of issues with the new browser on the SOE forums, so if yours is crashing een in the default add your experience there.
Unread 07-02-2012, 01:02 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default default crashing too :(

am not sure where in the SOE forums to post, but I don't know anything that happened to me that might help sony. I renamed the fetish one to remove it, then when i ran EQ2 again, and checked the browser, it started to load, it said, which is good, not instant crash like it was when not the default.. (although the OLD before updates version, didn't crash at all, it just showed a black screen for it and didn't load the info)..

anyway, after I made it use the default, it made it to 20% then crashed, also took a long time. so, i logged back in a different character, and thought maybe first time might be buggy.. so, i tried again and it only made it to 10% that time, and crashed. no info given, so, sony needs to clean up, if it is sony's problem, and not something from the interaction between fetish and sony??

sony's browser sure is ugly!!

any way to back up and use some earlier version that works still? we really need the quest info, it;s rough without the loc's and such grrr ah well. even before all this was added to eq2 and we had to ask friends, or look up the maps and info, i always either looked it up or i had someone else figure it our (grin).. I am spoiled, I need info /pout

Khisme