EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-14-2009, 11:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Completely FUBAR

I was kicked from the game and when I logged back in my entire UI was screwed up bad. I cannot get it set back the way it was and the 1280x1024 doesn't change either it looks like everything is piled onto the screen and I can't get it back the way it was. Please help.

Thank you
Unread 03-15-2009, 07:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Sounds like something got corrupted. Happened to me a few weeks ago. Out of the blue (while waiting for a raid to start), crash to desktop. Something crashed hard because I had to do a power cycle to get the system running again. Anyway, long story short, in the end, I wound up doing an eq re-install (everything else windows related worked, so that was the only thing that seemed broken). I re-installed eq, eq2maps, and profit (all from scratch, not overwritting old files).

System has been golden ever since.

I am sure this is not the answer you want to hear. There were a lot more steps of my diagnosing the problem, but in the end, that is what finally worked.
Unread 03-24-2009, 11:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

There is a quicker "fix" if you play more than one character. This has happened to me on occasion and what i do is I go to the EQII folder, copy and rename the server_character_uisettings.ini from one of your other characters to replace the settings for the one that just crashed. This has worked for me every time I have had this problem.
Unread 03-25-2009, 12:17 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

you can also /load_uisettings and select one of your other characters to load that uisettings file.
Unread 03-25-2009, 04:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Those were some of the in-between steps that i left out that did not work for me. Like I said, there were corrupted files that just broke everything. I guess my hard drive farted or something that day.....