EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-10-2006, 02:29 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2.ini Clarification Please

I'm planning on installing a few modded UI's to EQ2. As I understand it, all UI mods have an effect to the EQ2.ini file (adding a line to the EQ2.ini file). I could be wrong.....heck.....I've been wrong before.

Right now, I have the Enable AA (r_aa_blit 1) line added to my EQ2.ini file. If I start adding UI's, will my EQ2.ini file still have the Enable AA line?? Or, will I have to add that again.

It seems most of the UI's have an EQ2.ini file that is placed in the EQ2 directory. Will this overwrite any previous EQ2.ini files....or rather just add a line to the current EQ2.ini file??

Thanks for helping me understand and taking time to respond to this post.
Unread 03-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

If the mod comes with a eq2.ini then yes you'll need to modifiy the one it comes with and add what ever other custom switches you are using. However most interfaces dont come with a custom eq2.ini and you need to follow the steps in the faq to add the interface info to it.

Remember there can only be one interface folder defined in the eq2.ini so if your going to have multiple peices you must but all the files into one custom folder.