EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 11-18-2006, 12:51 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Butcherblock
Default Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error..

I have been using EQ2MAP for a long time before EOF came out. The day EOF came out and i ran Everquest II i got this error when I tried to open my inventory.

Everquest II had detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

<verify> D:\test\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\directx9 RenderDevice.cpp (4549): DirectxError. (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)

I removed my video drivers and used driver cleaner pro to make sure there were no remnants of the drivers. I re-installed the video drivers. I checked my version of Direct X and it is v9.0c. I also installed the latest chipset for my computer.

After all of this i ran EQ2 again. I tried to open my inventory again, and the same error occurred. So I uninstalled EQ2MAP and ran EQ2 again. I could now open my inventory no problem. But now i had no EQ2MAP. Bummer!

So I re-installed EQ2MAP and I tried to open my inventory again, and i could. I was happy, but I did not know what was coming. I opened my Inventory a few more times later on and the same error slapped me in the face again. So I keep re-installing EQ2MAP and my inventory works a few times and the error comes again and again. And thus the cycle of life is explained.

/em pound head against computer screen. "speak to me!" -Boris, Goldeneye

So.. i figured id post this info here and see if anyone could come up with a solution or point me in the right direction of one.
Unread 12-19-2006, 08:30 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

We actually recommend having the Graphics Resolution slider set to 0.700 or higher. The reason why it's crashing has to do with frame buffer sizes and the aspect ratio of the video display... we theorize. It makes sense, since different aspect ratios on different monitors experience similar crashing at different Graphics Resolution slider positions