EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Bugs

Unread 11-18-2010, 04:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default UIBuilder math borked?

This only started happening to me recently and I don't know why.

Doing any sort of math in the UIBuilder with variables is resulting in values like:
1e+002.

I really don't understand why. It wasn't doing it before. I tried re-extracting UIBuilder freshly, and no difference.

I can add numbers like var=5+5
But as soon as I do Element.width+5 I get the weird number results....

I tried wrapping things in Int() with no difference in result.
It makes testing positioning code in UIBuilder impossible

Any ideas?
Unread 11-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Yea, its been doing it for a while for me, any thing that results in a number over 10 gets jacked.
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Very strange. I haven't had to mess with math in a bit, but this surely wasn't happening a few months back. I wonder if it's some kind of outside problem or the UIBuilder version? Maybe I can find an older one or something...
Unread 11-19-2010, 08:03 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Very strange. I haven't had to mess with math in a bit, but this surely wasn't happening a few months back. I wonder if it's some kind of outside problem or the UIBuilder version? Maybe I can find an older one or something...
No idea how the program's behaviour could be changing like that. There are no operating system settings I'm aware of that influence number display that way. Also UIbuilder itself seems to be unable to parse it's own results, int(10+10) results in 2, for example.

The various old versions I still have do not have that problem but they do not support int() and such either.
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Yeah, I had the same results. Old version have the trailing decimals, and the new version seems broken.

Maybe I never did actually test the math in UIBuilder before, and only thought that I did. I'll just have to be careful what code I save out of it and copy over should it be using any default values upon loading.

Would be nice to get this fixed if a dev's eyes ever see this thread