EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

View Poll Results: Kosmo's NightVision Yah like it?
Yes 68 86.08%
No 11 13.92%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-06-2005, 08:34 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Kosmo's MainHUD.PerformancePanelv1.1 (Quick Change Custom Profiles, and NightVision)

Ok, I've finally got the v1.1 uploaded, and all seems great. No know bugs at this time.

Please let me know what you guys think.
Looks like 100 downloads of the old version.
I think I've had maybe 4 comments.
I need feedback.

Do you like the panel?

What sort of profiles do you have set up?

How do you like the NighVision Button?

Should I force the window to show up all the time?

How do you like the size? To small? To big? Not small enough?

Mine are setup for screenshot mode, normalplay, and laggy play, or crowded areas with lots of characters.

Any request for future functions for this panel would be helpful.

I'm considering adding a checkbox for harvesting mode, that would increase the appropriate graphics settings for when you are out harvesting.

Any other ideas for this panel?

To use the eq2ui.custompresets. exe you will need.
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
and
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
The .NET Framework version 1.1 redistributable package includes everything you need to run applications developed using the .NET Framework.

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Download the latest .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack from Microsoft.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NightVisionOFF.jpg
Views:	1749
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1655  Click image for larger version

Name:	NightVisionON.jpg
Views:	1582
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1656  

Last edited by Kosmos : 03-09-2005 at 02:54 AM.
Unread 03-07-2005, 08:08 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Oasis

just done tweakin gfx setup with this, i like it.
but there seems to be a bug in music mute function.

it always set music volume max after mute is toggled off.

btw night vision is nice~
Unread 03-07-2005, 08:18 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladespirit
just done tweakin gfx setup with this, i like it.
but there seems to be a bug in music mute function.

it always set music volume max after mute is toggled off.

btw night vision is nice~

eq2ui_mutemusic.xml
Quote:
OnSet="music_Volume=0.0 combat_music_volume=0.0 music_Volume=0.0 combat_music_volume=0.0 opacity=0.500" OnUnset="music_Volume=100.0 combat_music_volume=75.0 music_Volume=100.0 combat_music_volume=75.0 opacity=0.750"
In the above file you can change the numbers to your preference.
Just open up the file with Windows NotePad and change those numbers to what you want. Dont' ad any extra spaces or anything. just delete the number that is there. type the new number with decimal place and then save the file. Then it will toggle between the volume that you want.

In the future I'm going to try something a little more sofisticated.
Reading the current setting into a new variable, then setting it to zero. then when you uncheck it, putting your old value in.

eq2ui_muteall.xml
Quote:
OnSet="master_Volume=0.0 master_Volume=0.0 opacity=0.500" OnUnset="master_Volume=100.0 master_Volume=100.0 opacity=0.750"
This is the one for the Mute ALL button.
Same thing. Just set the values you want.

yes, the commands have to be doubled. (Typed twice)

And glad you like the night vision! Go-Go Gadget NightVision
Unread 03-07-2005, 08:29 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Damn good idea Kosmos on the night vision

I was always adjusting that stuff, As I never have found a happy balance for night and day... No need too now lol

Nice one
Unread 03-07-2005, 08:52 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Oasis

whoa ubber fast reply thx alot~
not to fill a thread by only thx comment, i give what i found during tweaking gfx setting~

1) worst performance hog seemed to be shadow, any shadow slow down FPS while environment shadow does the most.

2) texture, max is too heavy for my system;
character texture max was making it slow too, high and med seemed almost identical to me.

3) water setting didnt seem changing alot to me, i tweaked at Qeynos Harbor but when animation process texture was off canal water wasnt moving

my system is athlon64 3000+@2520, 1GB mem, extra dedicated HD for page file, radeon 9800pro bit OCed.

P.S. is it possible not to use startbutton.xml? instead how about using compass?( i use start button with useful HO tips n rare harvest info mod)

Last edited by Bladespirit : 03-07-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Unread 03-07-2005, 11:37 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
P.S. is it possible not to use startbutton.xml? instead how about using compass?( i use start button with useful HO tips n rare harvest info mod)

Sure, and you don't even have to wait for me.
In Windows NotePad ppen the file that you got with the other startbutton Mod.
At the very bottom of that page you will see the final tag that says [/Page]
Just type this AFTER that tag, and Save The File and you should be good to go. That is why I desinged it this way.
So the final two lines should be.
If there are other "Include Statements" They won't interfere.
Quote:
[/Page]
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_performancepanel.xml</include>
Unread 03-07-2005, 12:16 PM
A Griffon

Default Custom Request

Dadditude wrote:
Quote:
Is there any way you could integrate the performancepanel into "eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton", showing the buttons when the frame is displayed and hiding them when it isn't? To me, that would make this mod perfect.
This is as close to your request as I'm going to get today.

EDIT: Fixed the issue with the frames not working right. Sorry.
Updated the file.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kosmos : 04-17-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Unread 03-07-2005, 07:42 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I posted some errors I was getting on the original thread, sorry I did see this thread but thought it was an offshoot...or something, anyway thanks for clearing that up and directing me to the latest version.

In response to my post also it was mentioned that many inclusions in the eq2 recent file are ignored due to having nothing to do with performance settings. I was curious if the file contained any other settings besides those under the graphics and sound tabs, but it doesn't seem so.
What I'm getting at is that when I want to further reduce unnecessary lag in, say, a raid situation, I go over to the User Interface tab, uncheck the show guild tag box, and under "show titles" I select "never". It's EQ2's version of the /show name (something like that) command from EQ 1, and helps unclutter my screen quite a bit.
Having these or any other visually altering options, that aren't under the graphics/sound tabs, included in the performance profiles would be neat.
Is this possible?
Unread 03-07-2005, 08:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
I posted some errors I was getting on the original thread, sorry I did see this thread but thought it was an offshoot...or something, anyway thanks for clearing that up and directing me to the latest version.

In response to my post also it was mentioned that many inclusions in the eq2 recent file are ignored due to having nothing to do with performance settings. I was curious if the file contained any other settings besides those under the graphics and sound tabs, but it doesn't seem so.
What I'm getting at is that when I want to further reduce unnecessary lag in, say, a raid situation, I go over to the User Interface tab, uncheck the show guild tag box, and under "show titles" I select "never". It's EQ2's version of the /show name (something like that) command from EQ 1, and helps unclutter my screen quite a bit.
Having these or any other visually altering options, that aren't under the graphics/sound tabs, included in the performance profiles would be neat.
Is this possible?
Yes. Many, Many of those settings are going to be found in the eq2_recent.ini file.
The parser won't affect anything except the ones that are listed under the Display Options.
The ones under 'UI settings' I'm currently working on a document to determine the command for all the commands associated with the Options Menu. If you want to try to figure out the command for that you can check 'The /List' post by insomniac and read the 18 pages of commands and try to make a best guess.
Hint: many of the commands are not saved in the eq2_recent.ini file if they are at the normal state. But if you change them, it list them.
So print out your file. Then change ONE setting. and then click accept.
Then print out your file again, and you will probably have a new listing.
That's your command!
Good luck.

Good idea by the way on turning those names off. I hadn't even though of that because its not listed in the Display Options settings, But it would affect the display.

Very nice find.
Unread 03-08-2005, 11:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Ok sorry

For the post in the wrong area about the EXE not working...

I did follow all the instructions (to a T I might add) and I get a "program failed to initalize properly" with some 0x000EFE000 stuff. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 on an AMD 64 3500+. Not sure exactly why it's happening. I've only used the newest version.

Thanks
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:07 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjul

I did follow all the instructions (to a T I might add) and I get a "program failed to initalize properly" with some 0x000EFE000 stuff. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 on an AMD 64 3500+. Not sure exactly why it's happening. I've only used the newest version.

Thanks
Wow, ok I have no idea on that one. As far as I know you are the first person to have this issue. If you have not alread done so. Perhaps try downloading the file again. Maybe the .exe got corrupted.
I'm also thinking maybe some virus scanner program thinks it's an 'unkown .exe' program and it's blocking it. If you have virus scanner running you might check the logs on that.
The other thing I can think of is that if you have any 'windows services' disabled, maybe that could cause it. Ger made the parser, so I'm not sure on this one.
I might be helpful to us if you can do the following steps.
Quote:
1) Click on the START menu, select RUN and type MSINFO32 and select OK.
2) When the Microsoft System Information program opens, select FILE and on the dropdown menu, select EXPORT.
3) Save the information as MSINFO.txt to your desktop or other easily found location.
4) This is a large file so let’s copy only the important parts.
1. Copy and paste from [System Information] to [DMA].
2. Copy and paste from [IRQs] to [Memory].
3. Copy and paste from [Running Tasks], [Services], [Startup Programs] and [Windows Error Reporting].
Quote:
To create your DirectX Diagnostic information:

1) Click on the START menu, select RUN and type in DXDIAG and select OK.
2) When the DirectX Diagnostic tool opens, click on the SAVE ALL INFORMATION button on the lower right, next to the EXIT button.
3) Save the DxDiag.txt to your desktop or other easily found location.
4) Copy and paste the contents to your thread.
Quote:

To create your CPUZ Report.

1. Download a program called CPUZ
2. Run the program, on the last tab [About] select Dump Registers to .TXT file.
Please create the above three files. Zip them into up together with winzip, and attached them here. There is a button no this forum that says 'manage attachements' you can use that to upload when you comment on this thread'
Those files will give us a comprehensive look at your hardware and software environment and hopefully we can spot why this program isn't working. Hopefully we can get it working and make a note of what we did if I run into the problem again.
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:28 AM
A Coastal Crab

when i try and run the eq2ui_custompreset.exe i get

.DLL missing. MSCOREE.dll was not found.

any ideal onlything stoping me from really makeing use of your mini ui
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:44 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialtion
when i try and run the eq2ui_custompreset.exe i get

.DLL missing. MSCOREE.dll was not found.

any ideal onlything stoping me from really makeing use of your mini ui
Ahh Ok so you are the second person!
This is actually a good thing. We should be able to figure this out hopefully.
Ger wrote the parser, so he is going to be better at figuring this one out also.

On a wild whim. Do you have Microsoft .NET framework?
You might try downloading that from windows update. It's listed in the 'custom' section. So do windows update and instead of clicking auto, click 'custom' and it should be listed under the optional files.
YOu will want to get
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and
the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

EDIT:
That .DLL IS part of the framework. So you will not the Microsoft .NET Frameworks. Sweet. Thanks SO much for that DLL message saved us alot of time.
Quote:
File description: mscoree.dll - Microsoft .NET Runtime Execution Engine, v. 1.0.37

Last edited by Kosmos : 03-09-2005 at 02:48 AM.
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:46 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjul

Thanks
Ignore all the information I asked you for ealier.
Go to windows update site and select the 'custom' option and download the
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
and
Microsoft .NET Framework SP 1.1
Than the .exe program should work for you.
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:34 AM
A Griffon

Default v1.2

Released Version 1.2 with additional 'AutoShow' panel modificication option folder.

Updated readme to indicate the requirements for .NET Framework along with links to the downloads.
Unread 03-10-2005, 05:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Since the last 1.2 version with autoshow (or without it), I cant choose my startbutton anymore changing it for another one I'm used to, I was using the trick you said a few posts back about inserting this at the end of the file in my startbutton:

This doesnt work anymore, any chance you can give instructions so I can use again the other startbutton I like ? if its possible... if not, I will have to live with it, I find your mod more important than my other startbutton, but... if its possible, I'd love to be able to use mine.

Thanks, and great work, I love it.
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:06 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjiviris
Since the last 1.2 version with autoshow (or without it), I cant choose my startbutton anymore changing it for another one I'm used to, I was using the trick you said a few posts back about inserting this at the end of the file in my startbutton:

This doesnt work anymore, any chance you can give instructions so I can use again the other startbutton I like ? if its possible... if not, I will have to live with it, I find your mod more important than my other startbutton, but... if its possible, I'd love to be able to use mine.

Thanks, and great work, I love it.
send me a copy of the eq2ui_startbutton.xml that you want to use with my mod. It 'shouldn't be a problem. I wrote my mod to be very modular. Because of the that my mod resizes the startbutton and puts the other stuff 'inside' the frame. It's a 'little'more complicated but not bad. Before Ic an give you specifics I need to know which one you have.
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Innothule

Some problems I am having....

Newly generated .XML files are being placed in my Root EQ2 directory.

Even after moving these files back to my custom UI directory, it seems that not all of my custom settings are being changed, or that only some of them are being generated to the new .XML file.

As I do not have a means on my PC to Edit .xml files (as far as i know) I cannot verify what is or is not being changed.

Hope to see this working properly, would make adjusting performance for those grueling Raids much simpler.

Thank you,
-Grim
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:30 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

is the parser located in the eq2 root directory or is it located in the Custom UI folder you made?

Should be in the custom UI folder. If it is then make sure you have the latest version and I'll leave it to the authors after that

-Selae
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selae
is the parser located in the eq2 root directory or is it located in the Custom UI folder you made?

Should be in the custom UI folder. If it is then make sure you have the latest version and I'll leave it to the authors after that

-Selae

It is in the Custom UI folder, and I just dL'ed it today, says latest version.
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Selae is right the parser will generate those files in the same folder as itself,
So the parser should be located in your Custon UI folder.
You can edit .xml files with notepad or use a program like "WinMerge" to compare 2 files realy quickly.

As a note you are in game, Setting your display options then clicking the "accept" settings button then, Using the parser to make the new profile?

That should clear up your problems with this
Unread 03-10-2005, 11:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, it seems my parser is in some way bugged.

The Parser is located in my CustomUI directory, yet generated .xml file are always placed in my Root EQ2 Directory.

Fortunately, I can then copy these into my CustomUI folder, overwrite the old .xml files and it seems to work properly. (I failed to spot the line in the instructions that stated I needed to restart EQ2, my fault).

So other than the newly generated .XML files being placed in the wrong directory (no idea why), Things seem to be working great.

Thank you for the help.
Unread 03-10-2005, 11:22 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selae

-Selae

HI GrimeStone!

I'm sorry you are having troubles with the Mod.
I would start from sctrach. I.E. Set one.
Follow the 'Read Me' directions and don't skip any steps and it will work for you. There are no know bugs at this time the only ones that poped have been fixed. I'm pretty confident that you just missed some set in the install and set up of your profiles. We spent alot of time on the instructions to they are very clear and 'step-by-step' to avoid problems like this.
The only way that eq2.custompresets.exe could be placing .XML files in your ROOT EQ2 Directory is if it is in that directory.
You need to have it in C:/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest II/UI/Custom
Where 'Custom' is the name of the directory where you keep your custom UI mods.

You will have to read the documentation on this one. It's not 'plug-and-play' as far as your custom settings. You have to 'program' the buttons.
As it comes. you get Very High Quality, Balanced, and Very High Perormance.

If you go though things step by step, then still have the issue, I'll try to help.
Unread 03-10-2005, 11:24 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimStone
Well, it seems my parser is in some way bugged.

The Parser is located in my CustomUI directory, yet generated .xml file are always placed in my Root EQ2 Directory.

Fortunately, I can then copy these into my CustomUI folder, overwrite the old .xml files and it seems to work properly. (I failed to spot the line in the instructions that stated I needed to restart EQ2, my fault).

So other than the newly generated .XML files being placed in the wrong directory (no idea why), Things seem to be working great.

Thank you for the help.
What is the exact Path of the eq2.customepresets.exe?

What is the direct path of your Custom UI folder?
Unread 03-10-2005, 11:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmos
What is the exact Path of the eq2.customepresets.exe?

What is the direct path of your Custom UI folder?
D:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\characternameUI
\eq2ui_custompreset.exe

Folder...

D:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\characternameUI

Note also that the parser always lists
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\eq2_recent.ini
as the location of the eq2_recent.ini

I then change this to D:\Sony\EverQuest II\eq2_recent.ini to reflect my install location.

Could this also default the Parser to place the newly generated custom .xml files in the same directory?

Last edited by GrimStone : 03-10-2005 at 04:43 PM.