EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 07-18-2007, 11:08 AM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default target con information

i have a small problem with my target window, i have no intention of adding the text that says 'Level XX [Heroic/Epic]', but still wanna be able to see the difference between heroic and epic encounters (which you can't see anywhere else when using the arrow con system), to use the other con system is no option as it sucks really bad because there are only 4 different difficulty levels (weak, average, heroic, epic).
apart from the fact that soe totally screwed up the targeting systems because you don't have the full information in either of those cons (with arrow con you can't see which single mobs are epic in an encounter and which ones are heroic, you can with the other system), there is as far as i see no dynamic data associated with the whole targeting system, everything gets filled in by the game in an object that has to be name xy or fills it with image objects that have to be called yx.

so what i first tried was taking the different cases (weak average heroic epic) from one system to the other, but as i thought they are only getting a visible update if you are using the con system for it.
then i tried to compare the string 'Level XX [Heroic/Epic]' against a string made of the dynamic data for the level and the parts before and after to distinguish between the different cases, which should work if i didn't have a problem with when to update them.
name and level the only other dynamic datas we really have of mobs (except for health and mana) will always get updated before the con string, so if i compare the string on name or level change i will only have the con of the last mob.
the easiest thing would be to just let the game fill the con in a textbox such that i have an onchange event, it's just that it doesn't want to.

so i am really out of ideas on how to deal with this, has anyone here a suggestion for me or already succeeded in a way that i didn't try?