EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-26-2010, 06:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Storms
Default mouseover tooltip on in-game objects

Hello,
I reverted to the old UI (and submitted the files for download so people can get everything in a single package) except for inventory/personna and maintained spells that don't work anymore but I have a problem.
While in game, sometimes there are clicky objects, like the canon in Moors or random quest items to pick up from the ground. When you hover your mouse over them, you get a tooltip. Changing the dds files made the round border and so on disappear but the tooltip is still red instead of the old black. I'm pretty sure it's not in a .dds file (I opened them all).
I tried finding an xml file related to that (thinking perhaps there was a set background colour) but can't find one. Does anyone knows where to look ?
Unread 08-26-2010, 09:56 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

There's some control for this in the eq2ui_windowelements.xml file somewhere. I tried dropping in the old file at one point and my tooltip boxes actually went black - probably more due to not finding something than legitimately changing the colour - but I did actually find that preferable to the awful red. With all the other things I've had to faff with to try and get my UI back to normal I didn't have the patience to follow this up.

If you dig around in there and find a fix please post back to let the rest of us know
Unread 08-28-2010, 08:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Storms

yes, I see it seams to be working but the code is way too hard for me to understand it sadly And there are too many differences between both of them to easily find the thing to switch.