EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 09-23-2010, 04:35 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Class Icons

I am looking to add the class icons (not text) to the group window. Can anyone help me figure this one out? Straight DD on an image doesnt seem to do it, i am thinking its more in-depth but I am not sure how to go about this.

Thanks,
Draven
Unread 09-23-2010, 07:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I've never had any luck with changing an image's style during runtime, so I expect you'll have to have a a separate icon for every possible class for each player. If you're using Group.Group_#.Archetype, that would be 5x4=20 icons total. Then a hidden text element that makes specific icons visible depending on the text, when the text changes.
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:45 AM
A Griffon

I can have all the different icons, basically what i want is if a SK is in the group, the sk icon appears next to the SK, now if we can print the word than tie a graphic to the word that works for me, maybe some example code?

I am after the Shadowknight, Berserker, Defiler, Mystic, ect NOT fighter, mage, healer, scout.

This is the last step to completing my group window.

Thanks,
Draven
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

You should download an example of raid frames that show Archetypes (Fighter, Scout..) in a simple way (e.g. DarqUI 2.0 I know is one).

Then you can change it to inspect Subclass instead, and link to the appropriate image icon style.

E.g. in Darq, you have a text label that draws its text content from GameData.Unit.Archetype. OnTextChange, the label pushes an image icon to have a specific Archetype style, say, "Archetype.style=text". The styles have been set up (little cog icons in the UI builder) to be called Fighter, Scout, Mage and Priest.

If you don't get what I mean, you should download Darq, look through the code in the UI builder, and you'll see how it's working. You just need to modify the label used to "push" the info out to be the Subclass, and add in new style types to use (Templar, etc). I can't offer examples since I'm on a work PC.
Unread 09-24-2010, 09:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdujj View Post
You should download an example of raid frames that show Archetypes (Fighter, Scout..) in a simple way (e.g. DarqUI 2.0 I know is one).

Then you can change it to inspect Subclass instead, and link to the appropriate image icon style.

E.g. in Darq, you have a text label that draws its text content from GameData.Unit.Archetype. OnTextChange, the label pushes an image icon to have a specific Archetype style, say, "Archetype.style=text". The styles have been set up (little cog icons in the UI builder) to be called Fighter, Scout, Mage and Priest.

If you don't get what I mean, you should download Darq, look through the code in the UI builder, and you'll see how it's working. You just need to modify the label used to "push" the info out to be the Subclass, and add in new style types to use (Templar, etc). I can't offer examples since I'm on a work PC.
This was all the help that I needed, thanks again for the great help, I just have basic placeholders there now but its working ... time some more graphic work.

Thanks,
Draven