EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Critical Error: Application Ran out of Memory

I have a problem with the EQII client crashing on me for some reason now.. I will be playing and suddenly I get the following message:

Critical Error: Applicaiton Ran out of Memory when requesting 5289104 bytes (limit 2048 MB, current 736MB).

I started getting this message after the last major update of EQII. SOE Tech support asks me a few questions and when I say I use EQ2Map updater and Proffit UI, they tell me I need to remove them and contact them as they do not support those programs.

Now, I have used both for a long time.... and love them..... its just not the same game with out them. I really don't think thats my probelm.. Can anyone give me any information about this error..

I appologize if I am not in the right place to get information..

Dmar
Unread 03-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Do you not get this error when not using EQ2MAP? From what I know the "Out of memory" issue has been a bug since RoK came out that has come/gone and affected different people at various times.
Unread 03-04-2009, 07:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That's the standard response from CS, just ignore that.

There's a huge stickied thread about that error on the official forums, that error message has been happening for several years already. You can try adding this to your eq2.ini
force_low_mem_mode 1
maybe it helps. Will reduce graphics quality somewhat though.
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

[quote=gm9;81237] You can try adding this to your eq2.ini
force_low_mem_mode 1
[quote]

Shame there isn't a

"force_SoE_devs_to_resolve_coding_issues_in_a_professional_way"

command.

Unread 04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena

I've been having tis problem off and on since 4-6-09. It only happens on my XP Desktop, and only when I try to login or zone into any guild hall. I can login or zone into my five room house without problems. Until the other day, tis had ONLY happened while I was using my custom UI (which tis a mix and match of a dozen different authors, including but not limited to ThorUI, ProfitUI (Reborn I think), Fetish Nightfall, EQ2MAPs, etc, etc, etc). Just the other day, I /loadui default and went to zone into my guild hall, where I promptly received the application ran out of memory error.

Can someone please help me figure tis out ? Thank you,

~~Moonie
Unread 04-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingmoon View Post
I've been having tis problem off and on since 4-6-09. It only happens on my XP Desktop, and only when I try to login or zone into any guild hall. I can login or zone into my five room house without problems. Until the other day, tis had ONLY happened while I was using my custom UI (which tis a mix and match of a dozen different authors, including but not limited to ThorUI, ProfitUI (Reborn I think), Fetish Nightfall, EQ2MAPs, etc, etc, etc). Just the other day, I /loadui default and went to zone into my guild hall, where I promptly received the application ran out of memory error.

Can someone please help me figure tis out ? Thank you,

~~Moonie
Did you try adding force_low_mem_mode 1 to your eq2.ini?
Unread 01-07-2011, 02:41 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

I'm having the same problem, and it seems to be worst when I try to log into a character currently positioned in a guild hall.

I would like to try this "force low mem mode" command but can someone explain more in detail how to add this to the eq2.ini file, and where to find this file in the first place? I don't like to go around editing files all willy-nilly in case I permanently change something I shouldn't.
Unread 12-27-2012, 11:15 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Hi all,

Well I just started to get this error for the first time ever... I have done nothing new to my computer nor have I added anything new in years....

I am in the guild hall and cannot access the character that I need/want to play. I tried the force memory line in my eq2.ini and that does not work...

Can anyone help me out?

I am running on a 32bit system with 2GB of Ram...

Like I said earlier it was working great until last night when I zoned into my guild hall...

Thanks,
Unread 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Please don't rez old threads. It's better to start a new thread and then just reference to the old thread if need be.

As for the error, 2GB is on the far low side for EQ2. Assuming you have all of your in-game texture settings (character, character LOD, and environment) set to "Lowest" you simply may not be able to get in your guild hall if it has too many unique items. You can also try turning off any other programs you might have running: anything running in the background is eating RAM that EQ2 could be using.

In the meantime, to get your character back you can /petition on any other character and ask a GM to move the stuck character out of the guild hall for you.
Unread 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just an educated guess, but you've probably reached some threshold where 2GB of RAM isn't enough any more. In my experience, 2GB can by marginal depending on what else is loaded and running in the background.

As mentioned above, this has been going on for years and nobody really knows what the cause is. Personally, I suspect that it tends to happen when memory is tight and there is a lot of swapping out to the virtual memory pagefile.

If it were my system, I would add RAM if practical. If that's not an option, I'd do everything possible to free up available RAM. I've gone as far as to make a separate login account on my laptop for gaming. That account loads a bare minimum of startup items, runs a minimalist desktop, etc. If nothing else, I get a few more FPS on that profile because the client doesn't have to do quite so much memory swaping.