EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-16-2009, 01:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Thanks very much.

If you click the link in my sig, you can see examples of the custom rings I've done. I can make a ring out of just about anything, and I've made rings for guilds as well as individuals.

I *could* do custom spell icons, as in it's possible, but there are so damn many that it would be a truly daunting task to try to replace all of them -- or even certain ones for a particular class, since I'd have to scour the files to find them first! I love tedium, but even thinking about doing spell icons freaks me out, LOL.
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:24 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

haha..It would be a big task. I would love some custom spell icons, but cant find any So back on the subject, i personally would like a custom target ring. Something like an evil pirate ship with a faded burning skull in the background. Or a nautical star blue and black colors with comets shooting down. Something badass lol.
Unread 01-19-2009, 03:17 PM
A Brown Bear

evil pirate ship with a faded burning skull in the background---If you could make that, that would be awesome. thank you
Unread 01-19-2009, 05:31 PM
A Griffon

Yep, I saw that the first time you posted it. I've been playing around with some ideas, but nothing's come together quite right yet. You'll be the first to know when it does.
Unread 01-20-2009, 03:43 PM
A Brown Bear

hehe, thank you, I wasnt sure if you knew if that was a request or something else. Didnt mean to get on your toes.
Unread 01-20-2009, 04:26 PM
A Griffon

No worries! I have a picture in my head of how I think it ought to turn out, but actually getting it "on paper" is proving a challenge. Some ideas come easier than others!
Unread 01-24-2009, 05:36 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Target ring

It would be awesome if you can make a Colorado Avs target ring like the flames you have
Unread 01-25-2009, 02:29 PM
A Brown Bear

If what I requested isnt working out, I come some other ideas that might be easier.
Unread 01-25-2009, 09:37 PM
A Griffon

I've had a bunch of RL work to deal with lately, plus a redesign of my EQ2 Graphics website, but I'll have more time to piddle with it again soon.
Unread 03-07-2009, 10:17 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default would love to see

I have been impressed by all your target rings for a long time now no one else even comes close to your work I have been looking for a certain ring forever I would love to see a green lantern target ring and I think you would b the only person to do it right if you would be so kind and have the time to do so I would be forever in your debt thank you for all your work and time and effort
Unread 03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Seagoat,

Your target rings are something to be very proud of, awesome work. Any chance of getting a target ring for a guild named Knights of the Shadow Dragon (Crushbone server)? I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with if you have time to do so.

Also, I have not seen it yet but do you have any plans of releasing your UI mods as a complete set? Sorry if I missed it but I would switch over to it if one were released.

Best wishes,
Dannoc
Unread 03-11-2009, 03:32 PM
A Griffon

jhckyman, emeralddawn, and Dannoc: Sorry I'm a bit slow in replying (especially to jhckyman!). I'll see what I can do.

Dannoc, when you have time, please give me some more details! What is your guild's heraldry/colors/theme? (You can send me a mock-up of your guild cloak by using the Cloak Designer link in my sig.) Thanks in advance!
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Seagoat,

Sorry about that, the cloak design we have is not too bad but I thought there was not enough color to work with. Here is a link to what we are using atm. http://eq2gallery.com/cloak/?id=08010700010103
If you feel the need to modify anything to make the sig "pop" feel free. Our overall guild mentality is honor and respect as well as adventuring and helping friends.

Dannoc
Unread 03-12-2009, 08:49 PM
A Griffon

Dannoc: No worries! I can work with any color -- even shades of grey and black -- and I like to incorporate the guild emblem (and sometimes the border and/or pattern) if I can.
Unread 04-05-2009, 11:43 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk
Default Inventory mod

Hi,
I like your inventory mod but the auto drop box is so small I constantly miss it, is it possible to make it use the paperdoll area to auto inventory items placed in it like a mod I had but is no longer compatible with GU51?
Unread 04-05-2009, 03:17 PM
A Griffon

If you can give me the name of the UI mod that does this, I can poke around inside and see how they achieved it, then determine whether or not it's possible and/or a good idea to add that functionality.
Unread 04-06-2009, 08:13 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk

I no longer remember where I got the mod from but I do still have it, is there a way I can send it to you or post it here for you to look at?

Thanks =)
Unread 04-06-2009, 10:17 PM
A Griffon

Sure thing. Just attach the XML file (or a zipped version) to an email addressed to angela @ lunaclick . net -- removing the spaces, of course.
Unread 04-10-2009, 11:22 PM
A Griffon

Ok, after taking a look at the file you sent me via email and tinkering with my Inventory mod, it looks like this is the situation...

=====

The technical stuff:

If I put a second "auto-bag" element in the paperdoll area, you will no longer be able to mouse-grab the paperdoll and rotate it. Additionally, any subsequent auto-bag elements are rendered useless (and removing them would prompt a rearrangement of the elements in the bottom portion of the window to make better use of the space).

I tried adding the "DragAccepts" attribute with the value "icon" to the paperdoll and leaving the original auto-bag element in place, but that alone won't allow the paperdoll to accept drag-and-drop items. Looks like the auto-bag function is tied to the element named "AutoInventory" exclusively. Changing the new auto-bag element to include the "Type" element with the value "PaperDoll" doesn't work either.

=====

In a nutshell:

"AutoInventory" can't look like a paperdoll, and "PaperDoll" can't act like an auto-bag. Overlaying the two results in one or the other becoming non-functional, depending on which element is on top.

=====

It's a good idea, and it would be something I'd love to implement, but because of the way the various elements behave and receive their information from the game server, it's not something I'll be adding. I'm just not prepared to lose the ability to twirl my paperdoll, especially after having recently added in the vertical-position and zoom controls.

I'd be THRILLED if another modder could prove me wrong, though, and suggest a way to have our proverbial cake and eat it too.
Unread 04-11-2009, 06:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagoat View Post
I'd be THRILLED if another modder could prove me wrong, though, and suggest a way to have our proverbial cake and eat it too.
Of course I could never resist that.

It should work if you move the paperdoll out of the GeneralPage. You'll still get the wrong mouse cursor on the paperdoll but you will be able to control it (as long as it's "below" the GeneralPage and the GeneralPage has AbsorbsInput=false). If that alone doesn't do it I'll double check but I know it can be done.
Unread 04-11-2009, 09:28 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Of course I could never resist that.

It should work if you move the paperdoll out of the GeneralPage. You'll still get the wrong mouse cursor on the paperdoll but you will be able to control it (as long as it's "below" the GeneralPage and the GeneralPage has AbsorbsInput=false). If that alone doesn't do it I'll double check but I know it can be done.
LOL Thanks, gm9! I'll give it a shot and see what happens...
Unread 04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Nektulos
Default new target ring please :)

Hi seagoat! Ive moved guilds since the last ring you made me, which everyone really loved! i was hoping you could make me one for the new guild. Guild name is maelstrom, so im looking for some sort of a tempest/hurricane thing maybe, or perhaps a void tempest heck, itd even spin like a hurricane

Last edited by Rythus : 04-27-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Unread 05-04-2009, 11:56 PM
A Brown Bear

Seagoat..Been away for awhile..long time infact..but was wondering what came of the targeting ring? ( pirate ship with a skull in the forfront)
Unread 05-05-2009, 07:52 AM
A Griffon

It's still sitting here on my hard drive, waiting for a chance to come along so I can pick up work on it again. Been busy with RL work -- gotta pay those bills -- and the graphics-related hobbies are usually the first to fall by the wayside.
Unread 01-13-2010, 01:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok just curious i run EQ2 with the black bars im going to assume you dont (the top/ bottom making the screen smaller since its covered by crap anyway and improves fps of wasted space) anyway i downloaded the XP bar ui mod, and when placed upon the black bar it goes invisible till moused over, but works fine on the regular screen. any thought as to why it does that on the black sections, but not game area?