EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 02-17-2005, 10:30 AM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Bleh lost correct forum - Is there a consolidated list of maps avail for the MapUI?

I ask this because i honestly tried fishing through all 5 billion pages
of the Map Thread, but that gets too tiring looking tough 500 billion posts.

Right now as an Evil, the map-pack looks nice but its kinda useless.
Unread 02-17-2005, 10:49 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3391

The only supported download for the map project is this one file.

Download it, and follow the directions. This includes just under 20 maps that are the most commonly used zones in the game. At this time no maps not listed on this page are supported with this project. Some day a new version will be released which will include new maps.
Unread 02-17-2005, 11:38 PM
A Grove Wisp

Ok i have that one...

but seriously... they are nice but far from the "most commonly used"
especially post-20 where there the following "most commonly used" are
located...

Nek Forest
Enchanted Lands
Zek, The Orcish Wastes
Fallen Gate
Nek Castle

etc...

about the only marginally useful zones are the commonlands and Antonica.

Is there a way individual people can add to the useable maps, instead of waiting on an "official release" of sorts?

Maybe a beta-version that has more maps?

Reading through the monstrous thread of 981237920347 posts many poeple have offered maps, but it seems they are not included.
Unread 02-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Moved your post to the EQ2MAP forum.

Want to cut them some slack bud? They have been working hard on this project and I'm sure they will have updated maps and maps for new zones soon. Show them a little gratitude. They had to spend a lot of time building the framework and soon will be able to add maps and POI's very easy.

Whats up there now is F-A-R from unless as a lvl 28 paladin I have a map for almost every zone I goto now that didnt have one before.
Unread 02-18-2005, 12:47 AM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

maps.eq2interface.com has guides for making maps yourself, to submit to the mod team.

Also you can submit POI entries as well - the more POIs that are available for a zone, the more likely that someone will look at that zone and say, "hey, that needs to get mapped"
Unread 02-18-2005, 12:50 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitech
Ok i have that one...

located...

Nek Forest
Enchanted Lands
Zek, The Orcish Wastes
Fallen Gate
Nek Castle

etc...

Is there a way individual people can add to the useable maps, instead of waiting on an "official release" of sorts?

Reading through the monstrous thread of 981237920347 posts many poeple have offered maps, but it seems they are not included.
Don't assume everyone feels post-20 characters even matter. I'm 25, and my RL friends whom I play this game with are 25-40, but it was more important (and safer for our exp debt) to get the newbie zones done first. This way we wouldn't have to do them later, and people who actually need help with the game (newbies) would have the areas they hunt in mapped out.

Nektropos Castle is in development, Fallen Gate is in the official release, Nektulos, EL and Zek have default maps (so icon overlays will come eventually).

We've had many individuals contribute maps; in fact, most of our mappers started off as fans of the project and wound up helping add to it. There's a thread in this forum talking about how to go about creating a map (or at least getting us raw data to make one) and you can contribute POIs (points of interest, the dots on the map) at maps.eq2interface.com.

Everything from the monster thread (which I believe is now locked) made it's way into the mod in some form or another, there's nothing else ready for public use (or internal use) besides Nektropos being ALMOST ready, and DizTorDed has mentioned he's getting there on Edgewater Drains. Crypt of Betrayal is also in development.

Right now we're going through a major restructuring as we get the POI website generating XMLs for the mod, breaking the mod up into more manageable pieces; so things are a little slow. Tony's on a business trip, and some of us are trying to get a little play time in amidst all the mapping. ^_^

Quib
Unread 02-18-2005, 12:53 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
some of us are trying to get a little play time in amidst all the mapping. ^_^

Quib
you are lucky, i havent had a chance to play eq in probably 3 or 4 weeks
Unread 02-18-2005, 12:58 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
you are lucky, i havent had a chance to play eq in probably 3 or 4 weeks
Bwahaha, you don't consider all the PHP stuff playing?

I think I've been level 25 for like 2 or 3 weeks now. I'm catching major flack from my buddies, but screaming "map mod" at them usually gets them to cram a ham in it.

Quib
Unread 02-18-2005, 01:12 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

I understand where he's coming from, weither it is a real problem currently or not. He wants an easy way to find all the maps that arent in the offical release.

How about from now on, whenever any of you guys post a topic that says "hey i have a new map finished!" start the topic with something like "[new eq2map]" so people can do a quick /find [new eq2map] and see all the new stuff. decide on a standard

Unread 02-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

They have been doing that ever since this EQ2MAP forum has been added.... heck that large thread is even locked.
Unread 02-18-2005, 08:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

When i post, i sound like a royal asswipe.

Im just anxious to see it.

I did not mean to offend anyone.
Unread 02-18-2005, 08:41 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
When i post, i sound like a royal asswipe.

Im just anxious to see it.

I did not mean to offend anyone.
use smilieys

Unread 02-19-2005, 01:08 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

Quote:
Ok i have that one...

located...

Nek Forest
Enchanted Lands
Zek, The Orcish Wastes
Fallen Gate
Nek Castle

etc...

Epitech,

A little patience please. I myself am only level 16, have been for about a month and a half. Any idea why? Because I'm paying $15 a month to bug test this mod and get the website up so that everyone can have this information.

I believe all the modders working on MAP are either relatively low to mid levels. Sounds like you're pretty high. We need some high level people who can understand how difficult this is to help us out or else these maps will have to wait until we can get to them. Makes sense right?

So far we have only seen people complaining about the high level zones and taking no initiative whatsoever to actually DO them. There is a complete tutorial on how to make the maps on the maps.eq2interface.com site (The official site of EQ2MAP). With everything on that site you can make a map, insert every mob/npc/xp loc/zone entrance/quest/etc. that is in the zone you want done.

So anyone can get these done if they want to take a couple days from their obsessive leveling. If you need any help, the forum is here, we started from almost NOTHING when doing this mod. Just an idea to add maps for zones that weren't in game. We went on to maps that include specific locations, to our current completely modular project that is planned to include a map for EVERY zone that is in the game with any POI (Point of interest) you could ever find. A sorting feature to view only what you want to see is on the way.

Think about the possibilities like we did. Obviously you have access to all those zones you listed as not being in the mod, so you have the chance to be part of the best modification to everquest ever.

If you wish to help, go for it. If not, come back in a month or so and I'm sure someone will have felt that they REALLY needed to be added and done it.

I hate to come off like an ass, which I'm sure I did, though not meaningfully, but I put about 10 hours a day into this mod, that combined with working a 9 hour military job does really pan out for sleep, but I see infinite potential here.

....::Eloa
Unread 02-19-2005, 02:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

its not easy to add a map thats accurate with the red arrow without some testing and some code. so its more than just making the map and putting in the right folder.

Rov and Nek castle, edgewater and cob should round out the T1-T3 part of the game.

T4 and T5 will be much more difficult as it will be hard to find someone that can gray out the zone. Also when I'm in runnyeye its rare that someone wants to stand around while I run around and map that room.
Unread 02-21-2005, 10:38 AM
A Coastal Crab

If I understand this all correctly, we will eventually have maps for places like Rivervale? Why SoE truned off RV is beyond me -- or am I wrong in my recollection that when I first entered RV, there was a map and that it disapperared later and was replceed by the "World Map" PH?