EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-24-2005, 10:50 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia
Default Bags won't stay put

Ok since recent patch, all bags are now starting to overlap one another. I reset their positions, locked all the windows, and STILL everytime I relog in, my bags are back to different positions and overlapping.

Is there any way I permanently LOCK these bags via a .xml code?

Chat windows work perfect btw, it is just bag positions changing and not saving. I also READONLY my char.ini to prevent SOE from changing my settings. But that seems to not work.

It appears to me as well, that the bags like to stay within the "true" letterbox boundaries. I have NO letterbox as my screen is stretched to the max, slider all the way to the left on the letterbox option. Could this "boundary" preset by SOE be the culprit for bags moving positions?

-dn
Unread 03-24-2005, 05:05 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Kithicor

I've noticed in the past that bags won't save their location below a certain point on the screen. Anything in the top roughly 25% of teh screen is fine, but go below that and they will drift up to a minimum level every time. I wonder if you have larget bags/boxes now and are trying tplace them lower than befoer? or are they shifting horizontally as well?
Unread 03-24-2005, 05:08 PM
A Griffon

Since the bag size is now increased, I am guessing that they have the bags "set" to a minimum position on screen. I am liking that if that is the case, as bags should be able to be resized to "fit" any UI/resolution.
Unread 03-24-2005, 06:16 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

Somebody just pointed out to me that there is a similar problem with my Mook skin for EQ2MAP, and I believe the root problem is the same: It's probably aligning the bottom edge of the window to the center/lowerletterbox/bottom of the screen -based on the window size in the XML-, then when the window resizes to the size you see in-game, it gets borked.

Maybe chat windows don't (usually) have this problem due to the fact that they are flagged as resizable in the XML? I shall investigate.
Unread 03-24-2005, 07:17 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Somebody just pointed out to me that there is a similar problem with my Mook skin for EQ2MAP, and I believe the root problem is the same: It's probably aligning the bottom edge of the window to the center/lowerletterbox/bottom of the screen -based on the window size in the XML-, then when the window resizes to the size you see in-game, it gets borked.

Maybe chat windows don't (usually) have this problem due to the fact that they are flagged as resizable in the XML? I shall investigate.
Yep, that makes sense. I bet you are correct!
Unread 03-24-2005, 07:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I know this was a trick that could be used just after release when there was a problem with chat windows saving. If I remember right you could set your <servername>_<charname>_eq2_uisettings.ini to read-only and that would keep the system from making changes to it. Set up your UI how you like it then make the change and see if it helps.
Unread 03-25-2005, 08:56 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
I also READONLY my char.ini to prevent SOE from changing my settings. But that seems to not work.

-dn
thanks for suggestion cws... but in my first post in this thread I already stated my char.ini were readonly. So something else is causing the "drift" of the bag positions.
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:49 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

I was right: PROBLEM SOLVED