EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-19-2005, 05:50 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Default Volume Fill

I was looking at the Volume Fill for the HotKeys, and I had a thought. I have only seen Volume Fill on the hotkeys, and maintained/active spell windows. Is it possible to put Volume Fill on other pages? For example, If I were to place the groupmember stuff in a volume fill so that after re-adjusting, the page autoshrinks to fit, like on the hotkey windows?

PS: I know the GroupMember's prolly wont work because the dynamic data hasn't been activated yet, buuuut, *shrug*

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-19-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Unread 04-19-2005, 06:43 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Yes Volume pages can be used elsewhere, I use one in my Personabar mod. BUT...

Volume Pages automatically reposition elements to fit when they are resized by script or the user. They don't by themselves resize to their contents like the Hotkeys page does. Hotkeys, bags, examine windows, are all hard-coded to size based on their content.

Basically, the Group window already does what a Volume page would get you, auto-wraps the sub-pages if they don't fit inside the window width without resizing the window. Using a VolumePage would allow you to control how it wraps/fills.

However, there are ways to force a parent page to match the size of a VolumePage after the user is done resizing.
Unread 04-19-2005, 07:00 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Yes Volume pages can be used elsewhere, I use one in my Personabar mod. BUT...

Volume Pages automatically reposition elements to fit when they are resized by script or the user. They don't by themselves resize to their contents like the Hotkeys page does. Hotkeys, bags, examine windows, are all hard-coded to size based on their content.

Basically, the Group window already does what a Volume page would get you, auto-wraps the sub-pages if they don't fit inside the window width without resizing the window. Using a VolumePage would allow you to control how it wraps/fills.

However, there are ways to force a parent page to match the size of a VolumePage after the user is done resizing.
Edit: ok so I re-read that second line. If it doesn't auto-fit bu itself, how would the "user" tell it to?

*mumbles* stupid hard-coded flippin GRRRRR!
Yeah, so I was playing around with my group window again, and noticed that I CAN in fact have a group window that is 1x6, 2x3, 3x2, 6x1. Since the toggle-layout button was so much of a pain, I threw out the auto-resize altogether. THEN I saw this volume page stuff in the hotkey window, and I thought meeeebbbbeeee.

Then again, I dunno if that would work either, because the dynamic data hasn't been turned on for the group yet, so stuffing all them pages into a Volume page might not work. I dunno. Maybe.
Would the volume page area always wrap-to-fit its daughter pages? Or am I just being delusional?

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-19-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:17 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Typical VolumePage behavior is to wrap cells down to the next row if the VolumePage is to narrow to fit all cells in 1 row. This usually results from the parent window being shrunk either by scripts or a user manualy dragging the edge of the window.

When the VolumePage wraps cells down to the next row, the parent page doesn't automatically stretch vertically to fit the new row. If they started out the same size, you end up with the now taller VolumePage getting cropped by the parent window.

You could set an OnHoverOut script to force the parent page to match the VolumePage size, but that would only work if they are intended to be the exact same size.

In any case, yes shoving group member pages into a Volume page will almost certainly kill the data. It MIGHT work if you replace the top page with a VolumePage and preserve identicle nesting and object names. I say might because I've tried similar replacements where only the object type was changed and it broke hard-coded text updates.

IMO, the easiest way to auto-size the group window is to create layout buttons that assign OnShow and OnHide scripts for each member page which in turn sets maximumsize and minimumsize. Let the hard-code do its auto-repositioning. Prety much the same method used for most bag mods.
Unread 04-19-2005, 11:42 PM
A Griffon

Heh. I tried the buttons, remember? It was a horrible mess. So sticking the groupmember pages into a volume page, then naming the volume page "GroupMember" = not gonna work?

Bah!!!!!!!!
ps: BUTTONS HATE ME