EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-23-2012, 02:19 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Maintained windows w/stack count

After seeing how stack counts work, I've adjusted the coding in the maintained windows to try to center the stack count in the middle of the icon using larger text. That especially affects the duration-only windows, I don't have to try to cram both the proc count and the stack count onto a single line at the top of the icon. I'd like some outside testing if anyone's willing, since I've limited options of my own just yet for testing all the variations.

The attached archive's got folders for each variant, they're not zipped up inside the zipfile.
Attached Files
File Type: zip maintained_windows.zip (17.5 KB, 277 views)
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM
A Berserk Golem

Just to confirm, this duration only window will overwrite the current maintained window that has static buffs on it?
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:06 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedycerv View Post
Just to confirm, this duration only window will overwrite the current maintained window that has static buffs on it?
Yes because its still the maintained window just a variant.
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:17 PM
A Berserk Golem

I was testing and it looks like it does over lap that window. I tried the duration only and the duration only slim.

some problems

1. The slim looks exactly the same as the non slim.
2. Both of these are duration only and they are showing all of my static buffs still, should this be?
3. The stack count doesn't show over the icon as you are saying it should be... for Carnage for assassin's. It just shows the duration. (I haven't tried any of the other new prestige out with this new maintained window yet.)

Am I misunderstand stack count to mean increment count or are those 2 different things?

Last edited by speedycerv : 11-27-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:10 PM
A Griffon

Yes, the slim and non-slim variants are identical. Since the duration-only variants only show the icons and overlaid text, not of the off-to-the-side text of the left and right variants, there's nothing left to slim down.

Yes, they should show your static buffs. The window variant only determines the display of each item, the game determines what effects are considered maintained spells. Most until-cancelled buffs are.

Stack count is the increment count, yes. From what I understand the Carnage ability should have two icons. The actual ability with increments should show as one icon, and doesn't have a duration. The proc it can trigger has a duration but no increments and should be a separate detrimental applied to the mob, and I believe it shows up in the maintained window just like eg. poison procs do when they trigger on a mob. I had to work my mystic through the new signature line and get her ready for raiding, my next project is to bring up either my berserker or wizard to get a class that can have stacked effects. That'll let me directly see what's happening.
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:39 PM
A Berserk Golem

Alright after some testing with using the "left" one and carnage (I think it might have to be 2 or more to show up with a number) it does work on there with showing the increment level.
Unread 11-28-2012, 12:00 AM
A Berserk Golem

Ok the left slim doesn't show the increments.
Unread 11-28-2012, 02:14 AM
A Griffon

OK, I had a friend help me test the duration-only variants and they do include durations and I have to assume proc counts along with increment (stack) counts. That leaves me with a quandry when it comes to the duration-only windows: there's just no room in the icons to hold all the numbers. I don't want to remove the increment count, finding icons in the beneficial-effects window is too unreliable. But my only optin is to overlay the increment count on top of the proc count and duration numbers when it's present. Would people prefer having the increment count on top of or underneath the duration and proc counts?
Unread 11-28-2012, 02:15 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Ok the left slim doesn't show the increments.
I'll take a look at this. The code's almost identical, but I could've messed something up.
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
A Berserk Golem

Any update on this?
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Any update on this?
For the moment I'm leaving the left and right variants as they currently are on the updater (which should show the stack count on the icon) and only mess with the duration-only variants. Once I've gotten the tradeskill window working properly I'll go back and adjust font sizes and such on the left and right variants of the maintained window.
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:46 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Unkown

Do these new increment count abilities work on the spells when they are placed on hotbars or just in the maintained window?
Unread 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post
Do these new increment count abilities work on the spells when they are placed on hotbars or just in the maintained window?
Only in the maintained window (and the beneficial-effects window), the hotbar icons don't have the data.
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
A Griffon

I've been looking over the behavior with stack counts. Has anyone seen prestige abilities with stack counts (increments) that also has a proc count associated with it in the maintained-spells window? I'm thinking that for the duration-only variants I need to move the increment count up to the top edge, so it sits above the duration count-down, but that only works if the proc count (which is also at the top of the icon) never displays at the same time. I only have a couple of cases available on my side, I'm trying to get a larger sample of classes and tree selections.