EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 06-23-2005, 05:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Faydark
Default POI submission page suggestion

Taco, Eloa, Quib, everyone involved, I must say this has become an invaluable resource for me and I thank you for all your hard work. Taco, sorry about your hard drive misfortune...Hopefully you are keeping a cdrw in your system and scheduling a backup every night or something now.

One thing I would love to see implemented is another checkbox on the page that displays POI information and lets you add comments. There is a checkbox for "check if this POI is wrong" which will flag it for review I assume but that takes the POI off the map until it has been reviewed. Can you make a second checkbox there for minor changes that will flag it for update review but not take it off the map?

Also, is there a way to add to the tooltip text of a POI? If I want to add a comment that shows up ingame (like I'm adding a comment to POI 897 - COB entrance from Vermin's Snye that tells you which entrance is more dangerous)... This also kind of goes back to my last suggestion - if there was a way to add comments I wouldn't want to mark the POI as 'bad' and take it off the map while waiting for review just to have comments added.

Thanks again for a great resource!
Unread 06-25-2005, 04:01 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

Thats a big overhaul, especially since the work on the site is pretty much dead, it was built to be completely self driven with user comments and such being the only things needed.

You CAN put in a comment, and not click the bad box, and anyone looking at that POI ON THE WEBSITE will see it. otherwise they will not.

My suggestion for what you are meaning, would be to input the comment, in great detail, such as "Can you add to the tooltip that this is the more dangerous entrance with lvl 84^^^^ ants guarding it, POI 16749 to the NW is a better choice unless your Ub3r". Then just mark it as bad, so that we will see it. We have an entire behind the scenes interface and one thing we check quite often is the Bad POI listing and we fix them. You DETAILED comments help out alot, things such as "this is a dupe" or "the name is wrong" or "its on the other map" just don't help us...I don't even think anyone but Dolby still plays.

Thanks for all the praise, we all appreciate it very much. If you need anything else, just post it back in here.
Unread 06-25-2005, 07:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

"this is a dupe" and "its on the other map" should be helpful

If it's a dupe, it can be deleted, and If its on the other side, then if its set to, say, "Antonica East" then it should be on "Antonica West" instead
Unread 06-25-2005, 09:20 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

You are right, it works good for some POIs. Let me think of a couple examples that I've run into though...

"This is a dupe" - obviously there are 2 of this same POI. Lets say one is much more descriptive and just overall better then the other. The better one gets marked as "This is a dupe". Now the good POI is gone and the lesser one remains. But if it says "This is a dupe of #8388" then I can compare the two, and see if the other one needs to go.

"It's on the other map" - It just so happens this one is on stormhold level 2...where do I move it to? I dunno...only the person that marked it really knows the best, since its not on the map anymore, noone else is gonna elaborate on it.

"Wrong map" - This poi is on antonica west. I will move it to antonica east out of pure guesswork, but what if its really in the oakmyst forest?

"/loc is off the map" - Yea, but is it supposed to be on this map? Or on another one? Are the coords wrong? How bout some right coords? What am I supposed to do here...hmmm....

As you can see, there are alot of circumstances that I do need more information for the benefit of everyone, not just to make my job as easy as point and delete.

Thanks for the input
Unread 07-01-2005, 10:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Point taken, I'll try to include more info when I make corrections

On the subject of POIs, clusters for Commonlands East/West and Nek need updated
Unread 07-02-2005, 12:57 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

clusters updated