EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-12-2014, 11:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Default Loot Window Modification Request

Asking for thoughts on the feasibility on an idea.

Since we use the guild window point system for tracking DKP. I thought an interesting idea would be to have a modified loot window for leader looting. Would streamline the process as the looter could then charge the DKP in the point system as the item is handed out.

Essentially adding another button (labeled DKP Loot) and a text box.

the additional Button then would be a macro that would work as the current loot assign button but also use the player name you selected from the drop menu for assigning the loot with a value you put in the text box and deduct that value in points from the person at the same time. (can settle for putting in a negative value but seeing how this system would only be used for deductions it should not be too difficult to force it that way). could even try to assign the optional comment from the guild window point system to be the link of the item looted if I understand correctly how the loot window works.

I know enough to work out a modded window but to actually make said button work is a wholly different matter that I'm asking for thoughts on/development of. But I'm fairly sure its possible if one knows how to tell the server the right stuff to make it all happen.

I don't think there is much out there as far as loot window mods other than some adding a few keystroke shortcuts so I don't see hardly any issues with compatibility either. But on the off chance it does our GL and myself are both currently using drumsUI. (which prolly has said shortcuts already)

Thanks for hearing me out.

Last edited by Xendo : 03-12-2014 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Because i can
Unread 03-13-2014, 02:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

My take on it is when you assign loot you highlight a piece and pull down a name from a drop down menu this would supply a Who and a What essentially. This function of the loot window would not be changed but would also act as if the guild point assign window was simultaneously pressed and would attempt to mimic the required inputs thru information obtained on the loot window.

As far as I can tell The guild Window point system looks at 4 things when that button is used.
- It determines if its to a single member, members in group, in raid, online or everyone in guild that the points are going to be assigned (I would only require this to always be single person) So that part should static

- The highlighted person in the guild window when on single person would be the who (could this be accomplished with using the same dropdown window data the loot window determined who?) if so this is looking very feasible. As this seems the largest hurdle to this project

- A text box for the point value to be used (the addition of a textbox to the loot window to acquire that) This is also something that concerns me. But it seems so straight forward its hard to imagine it not being feasible. However, whether or not to further modify that value to make it recognize if that value is a number and whether or not to force the value to be its negative of its absolute value (to force it to always be a deduction) regardless if you enter it as a positive or negative number. Is a different matter but nothing that shouts Impossible IMO.

- A Comment for the transaction which could be anything really it could nothing or it could say Raid Loot every time or maybe it could use the 'what' from the loot window (which I hope the value is in the form of an item link) to better show in their history what it was they bid on. But if it isn't Its not the end of the world as points can be still be assigned with this value null.

Then again you guys could say we know all this already. I just wanted to get the discussion going it seems like its possible at least in theory but it's beyond my experience with my little simple self UI tweaks.
Unread 03-13-2014, 07:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I don't think there's a way to sync up the dropdown on the Loot window and reference the guild window's member view, at least not directly from the UI hierarchy.

I didn't read through your questions/idea to the fullest exent, but probably a best bet way to do something like easier DKP assignment from the loot window, would be to figure out what the slash commands are for assigning DKP and see if it uses any kind of normalized strings. My guess is probably: No, and it uses IDs that change depending on the guild member list, or simply based on the highlighted member.

Could use manually select a guild member row, and do something with the loot window? I suppose, but then you're already manually selecting a member so why the extra steps?
Unread 03-14-2014, 02:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah I figured that would be the largest roadblock would be the loot window drop down menu and the guild window highlight not working in the same manner.

Still I may test a few ideas though

Thanks for response Drumstix
Unread 03-14-2014, 08:48 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I doubt getting an item link is possible, but you might be able to autopopulate the item name with some delving.

Add a couple textboxes and the general form would be something like:

Code:
"guild points subtract " ## (Parent.DKPTextBox.Text) ## " " ## (Parent.GroupMemberCombo.SelectedItem.Text) ## " " ## (Parent.CommentTextBox.Text)
Quote:

/guild points {add/subtract} {point value} {who} {comment}

/guild points add 100 raid PR Raid for fun 4/10/2010

point value - you can "add" a negative number if you like.

who can be
  • a specific toon's name
  • "all" for the whole guild
  • "online" for players currently logged in
  • "group" for guild members in group with you
  • "raid" for members on a raid with you.
comment - you can add a text comment to explain the addition or subtraction of points.

/guild points view player name - will bring up a verbose list containing any comments included with points changes.