EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-15-2005, 11:17 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default RESOLVED: Problem with Dogvomit's Quest Journal mod

Been using this one for awhile and I absolutely love it. I still kick myself for wanting a "virgin" UI on the test server!

However, for a couple of months now, the "Completed" tab has been broken. I can see the categories for my completed quests, but everything is "hidden". How can I get them back?

Last edited by lc.ethanol : 03-15-2005 at 07:55 PM. Reason: marked title as resolved
Unread 03-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc.ethanol
Been using this one for awhile and I absolutely love it. I still kick myself for wanting a "virgin" UI on the test server!

However, for a couple of months now, the "Completed" tab has been broken. I can see the categories for my completed quests, but everything is "hidden". How can I get them back?
Gotta check and then uncheck the "hide" option at the bottom. And for what it's worth, this isn't just a problem with DogVomit's mod, it happens with the default UI as well.
Unread 03-15-2005, 07:55 PM
A Forest Scavenger

That did the trick! Thanks!
Unread 03-15-2005, 08:07 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Blackburrow

I've /feedbacked it a couple times to see if SOE would fix the problem.

My theory:

The tree itself defaults to "show only repeatable" when you open the window, but the checkbox defaults to unchecked (checked would be the correct setting for "show only repeatable). When you check the box, nothing changes...since the UI is sending the "box is now checked" signal to the client (or even the server...not sure how deep the "hiding" actually goes). When you uncheck the box, the "box is now unchecked" signal is sent, "unhiding" the hidden quests.

Is there a way to pre-set the checkbox to checked upon opening the window? This would sync the two objects and stop confusion. Would be nice if SOE made this 30 second change, but an interim quick-fix done via UI XML might be just the karma required. You know...how as soon as you fix something yourself, the real fix always seems to come in the patch that night...