EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-12-2013, 09:33 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default what happened to profit

ok so i launch the game today, and for whatever reason, as the game starts up, a box pops up asking about what keyboard layout i want to use. im like huh? so because i couldnt exit out of it, the only options i had were everquest2, everquest, or other....so i chose everquest 2....
well from the start on the char. select screen, things looked different--looks like the dark brownish stock ui. i chose my toon, then got on...well, PROFIT WAS GONE!! it seems that the stock or whatever it is , ui is running. i spent hours doing /load_uisettings and the lists of profit's came up, i went through several different ones, no changes---teh ui is the stupid stock ui--all my hotbars are gone, no chat boxes, various other boxes on the screen that i have noe clue as to what they are--just simply profit is gone!! i looked in the eq2 directory, the ui folder is still there, i also rean profit updater several times with no change..........

help?
Unread 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

You probably have 2 different installs of EQ2 and opened the second one without knowing it.

When you open that launchpad, go to settings/tools (the little gear icon bottom left) and then open game directory. If the directory it opened is not the same one you normally use, then you have 2 installs and need to be running the launchpad from the other install.
Unread 01-12-2013, 09:43 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
You probably have 2 different installs of EQ2 and opened the second one without knowing it.

When you open that launchpad, go to settings/tools (the little gear icon bottom left) and then open game directory. If the directory it opened is not the same one you normally use, then you have 2 installs and need to be running the launchpad from the other install.
no, i dont have 2 diff directories...jsut the one...i opened the game directory from launchpad, everythings pointing in the right direction, even on map updater...
the stock ui is running, not profit any longer........wtf happened?
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

In that case, did you edit any of the files in profit recently?

It sounds like one of the files is critically broken, which will cause the UI to ignore the UI entirely and use the default. Maybe try deleting and redownloading from your patcher fresh?
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:31 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
In that case, did you edit any of the files in profit recently?

It sounds like one of the files is critically broken, which will cause the UI to ignore the UI entirely and use the default. Maybe try deleting and redownloading from your patcher fresh?

well, i just typed in /loadui instead of /load_uisettings...and i chose profit...
that seemed to have worked, however all my keyboard settings, hotbars, inv bags, journal, literally everything is like default settings...my movement keys are all wrong and everything else. seems i have to take some time to go in and manually redo everything....not sure what happened, but for now, seems to work...
but now, i didn't change anything recently--i did notice however lately when i logged in the resolution changed, the texts and icons looked a little sharper than what im used to if that makes any sense....

another weird thing thats happening is, i run the game full screen, not windowed...if i want to go to windowed or back to full screen, i hit alt/enter....well, when im in fullscreen, just all by itself without me touching anytihng. the damm thing will go windowed mode, half the size and i have to hit alt/enter to get it back to full.....any ideas on that? its doing it constantly all by itself, about every 5-8 mins or so

Last edited by Endeavour : 01-12-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

/loadui is somewhat broken. It loads the UI XML, but the initialization that happens at startup doesn't happen so much of the UI can end up broken. Normally the clean way to do it's to exit the game, edit eq2.ini to set the cl_ui_skinname setting to the UI you want to use and run the game again.

The keymap changing sounds like you changed keybindings in Options but never saved them. Then you either reloaded the keyboard map or did something that triggered the game to reload it, which threw away your configuration and reloaded it from the keyboard definition. You can create and save your own keyboard definition, but it involves editing files in the Keyboards and Layouts folders. What I did was made copies of the "eq2_keymap_United States.ini" and "EQ2_Default.cfg" files as "eq2_keymap_mine.ini" and "EQ2_mine.cfg", edited the .cfg so the name setting said Mine and the keymaps setting pointed to eq2_keymap_mine.ini, then went into game and used the drop-down on the Options dialog to change the keyboard definition to "Mine". Configure keys the way you want, then use /save_keymap to save them back into the keyboard definition file. After that anything that resets the keybindings should reset them to what you saved, not the game defaults.

The windowing-out behavior I've seen when the Windows key or Alt-Tab or something gets hit by accident. The "block Windows keys while full-screen" setting doesn't seem to catch all cases, I've got it turned on and this still happens to me.
Unread 01-13-2013, 03:38 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
/loadui is somewhat broken. It loads the UI XML, but the initialization that happens at startup doesn't happen so much of the UI can end up broken. Normally the clean way to do it's to exit the game, edit eq2.ini to set the cl_ui_skinname setting to the UI you want to use and run the game again.

The keymap changing sounds like you changed keybindings in Options but never saved them. Then you either reloaded the keyboard map or did something that triggered the game to reload it, which threw away your configuration and reloaded it from the keyboard definition. You can create and save your own keyboard definition, but it involves editing files in the Keyboards and Layouts folders. What I did was made copies of the "eq2_keymap_United States.ini" and "EQ2_Default.cfg" files as "eq2_keymap_mine.ini" and "EQ2_mine.cfg", edited the .cfg so the name setting said Mine and the keymaps setting pointed to eq2_keymap_mine.ini, then went into game and used the drop-down on the Options dialog to change the keyboard definition to "Mine". Configure keys the way you want, then use /save_keymap to save them back into the keyboard definition file. After that anything that resets the keybindings should reset them to what you saved, not the game defaults.

The windowing-out behavior I've seen when the Windows key or Alt-Tab or something gets hit by accident. The "block Windows keys while full-screen" setting doesn't seem to catch all cases, I've got it turned on and this still happens to me.
You're missing one file that does need to be edited. eq2_recent.ini seems to be overwriting or taking precidence over the eq2.ini settings.
Unread 01-13-2013, 06:16 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
You're missing one file that does need to be edited. eq2_recent.ini seems to be overwriting or taking precidence over the eq2.ini settings.
That's odd, I've tested it and eq2.ini takes precedence over eq2_recent.ini. If I change cl_ui_skinname in eq2.ini to Default, it switches back to Default even though ProfitUI is set in eq2_recent. The only catch is that if I remove cl_ui_skinname from eq2.ini, the game continues to use whatever's in eq2_recent since there's nothing to override it. It mostly affects switching back to the default UI, that's where programs like the EQ2Map updater remove cl_ui_skinname instead of replacing it with a new setting.
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Lightbulb

Hi there. I am just coming back to EQ2. The game has been fully reinstalled clean. I ran the Profit UI updater and setup everything as I had before and the only thing that actually will take effect is the skin color. I have tried and tried and tried to get this to work checking the INI etc, but nothing I do seems to work. Like you said, the UI is just default. Sorry if I am hijacking your thread OP but I also need some help with this. I love this UI and now I am using Drums... I dont mind it but the tradeskill window for it is terrible. Any help would def be appreciated.