EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-20-2013, 11:58 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Breakage with today's housing update

The new combined Housing/Leaderboard went live today. I noticed these issues:

* On login, the chat window gives multiple iterations of a warning that the file 'MainHUD Map2_Clone_0 Window' is not compatible.

* The new combined window displays, but the Ratings and Visit tabs show empty lists.

* The guild housing portal amenity now uses the combined window.

* The Housing tab in the character window seems unchanged.

Nothing actually crashes the UI, so the big breakage is that it is impossible to view and visit houses.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:29 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

I just crashed twice when trying to interact with the broker.
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
A Coastal Crab

I'm having the same problem
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I could see the lists but no maps. Per Bunji on the official forums "The UI file eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml was updated. If you're using a custom UI file you may need to change version="1.2" to version="2.0" at the end of the first line of that xml."

This did the trick for me. Hubby is having some difficulty with buttons on the housing window being greyed out. I know he's tweaked the file before so maybe an earlier tweak is borked.
Unread 06-20-2013, 03:17 PM
A Griffon

I didn't try using the broker so I missed that. I have confirmed that the window the threw the warning is the mini-map window. So EQ2Maps will need some tweaking as well.

I'll need to try that trick with the version numbers.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-20-2013, 03:30 PM
A Griffon

I just used the broker with no problems. One character with nothing for sale browsed the broker more or less at random. Another character checked his listings and updated a few prices with no problems. The second character did receive an odd message on login - "You must empty that container before you can remove it." That's the message you get when you try to remove a sales display with items still for sale in it.

Changing the version number as mentioned above did restore the mini-map and stop the compatibility warning I mentioned in my first post.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM
A Coastal Crab

That xml file in my client has the aforementioned version 2.0. Still no mini map or main map. Checked the EQ2 map forums, they seem to be leaning toward the version fix, but that doesn't explain my situation. Just gonna dump eq2 map for a day or two.
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Bah. No warning of the changes, and I didn't think the map one would affect anything once EQ2Map was updated. I'm pulling the diffs to see what I need to fix.
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:50 PM
A Griffon

Sigh. I really should play on Test more. I hear that this update has been running on Test since May 15 and changed a fair bit based on feedback.

-=Therendil =-
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:01 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Sigh. I really should play on Test more. I hear that this update has been running on Test since May 15 and changed a fair bit based on feedback.
I knew there were changes on Test, but they haven't been giving any clues lately as to what's coming in patches and what's pending for game updates and won't show for a while.

This one's going to be physically big: changes to the window_elements_specific.dds file, and a new windows_elements_specific_pros.dds for P7. Going to make for a huge upload to Kaldran.
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:41 PM
A Griffon

OK, the updates here are going to be phyiscally big (skinpack changes) but there's no major functionality changes. The only one I've found is related to Krono in the persona window where there's a different image file for P7 vs. regular SOE Krono. No change in functionality or anything, just a different color to a chunk of image Profit isn't using. I'll be updating the window_elements_specific.dds file for some resized image elements and adding the P7-specific file (even though it's not used), but I don't see any functionality changes.

As far as I can tell the housing window isn't affected by Profit. None of the files related to it are modified by Profit, and nothing related to it in the persona window changed with this update. It should work without needing any Profit updates.