EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-12-2007, 11:23 PM
A Weald Wolf
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Post Jade Project Support Thread

Jade Project is a patch that let your EverQuest II supports displaying CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) characters. With Jade, you can display CJK characters in EQ2 without setting up your Windows.

Because EverQuest II lacks CJK character font, without doing special settings. EQ2 will convert these East Asian Languages into some weird boxes. Jade can't let you understanding foreign languages, but personally, I'll rather to read the origin characters, but not some weird boxes.

You can find the download in here.

Please feel free to post suggestions, bug report, feedbacks and etc. Any word would be benefic for this project are welcomed.

Update history:
1.3 -> 1.3b (Dec 24, 2007)
* Hotfix: there's a small clumsy problem in previous release, it makes custom UI sets can not keep working. Now this problem is gone.
1.2 -> 1.3 (Nov 13, 2007) * GU40/Rise of Kunark READY *
* Capability hotfix: GU40/Rise of Kuanrk capable hotfix.
* Font Improvement: I made some changes between Chinese Character "二(èr)" and Japanese Katakana "ニ(ni)". Making these two characters look a bit different.
* Functional Improvement: Mailbox now also can display CJK characters. (Maybe it is a good news for Japanese player who playing in English server, when they received a cross-server mail from Japanese server then maybe they can stop confusing about the weird boxes.)
* Notice: I'll try my best let Jade keep capable with "ProfitUI Reborn" Since this version.
1.1.1 -> 1.2 (Oct 30, 2007)
* Font Improvement: Better font for Japanese Hiragana and Katakana.
1.1 -> 1.1.1 (Oct 16, 2007) * GU39 READY *
* Capability hotfix: GU39 Capable hotfix.
1.0 -> 1.1 (Oct 3, 2007)
* Functional Improvement: Chat Bubble now also can also display CJK characters.

Future update news:
Scheduled Content included in v1.4: this version will be a big update, which included with Glyph expanding, Japanese Document Translation, some documents' correction and a hotfix for mailbox window for Default UI users.
Scheduled release time for v1.4: tba

Last edited by Chrislau : 08-28-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:08 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Something strange when install EQ2Map Manual with Jade

Hi Chris,

I need to said thanks as this UI really helps alot of ppl out there. (Include me of course!) I am a newbie about UI. When I install the EQ2Map Manual version with Jade v1.3. I found that there is no map showing up. After some test, I found that if I removed the file eq2ui_fonts, it seems everythings fine except for the text size become strange for all english characters (The characters sometimes stick together that make you hard to read). Any ideas what cause the eq2ui_fonts have problem with the EQ2Map Manual version? (Or may be that's only me have this problem.)

Anyway, Thanks in advance for any help.

Fliedor (a.k.a Steven)
Unread 12-23-2007, 06:11 PM
A Weald Wolf
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

Merry X'Mas

my bad, actually eq2ui_fonts didn't caused this, Jade_csFont did this.

1.3b should solve this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliedor View Post
Hi Chris,

I need to said thanks as this UI really helps alot of ppl out there. (Include me of course!) I am a newbie about UI. When I install the EQ2Map Manual version with Jade v1.3. I found that there is no map showing up. After some test, I found that if I removed the file eq2ui_fonts, it seems everythings fine except for the text size become strange for all english characters (The characters sometimes stick together that make you hard to read). Any ideas what cause the eq2ui_fonts have problem with the EQ2Map Manual version? (Or may be that's only me have this problem.)

Anyway, Thanks in advance for any help.

Fliedor (a.k.a Steven)

Last edited by Chrislau : 12-23-2007 at 06:44 PM.