EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 02-08-2006, 09:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default The /target command...

Hi there,

Wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, but I'll give it a go. I've been trying to get the /target command to work, and having no luck (even in group). Anyone know what's up with this? Is there another / command to do something like this, or have they removed that functionality?

Thanks!
Unread 02-08-2006, 10:12 AM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The /target command never functionned until some LU ago...now correct use is /target Name. you can target any npc/pc with that but you have to use caps when needed (for eg. an npc called Viducius Festus has to be properly written /target Viducius Festus )
Unread 02-08-2006, 06:19 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

/target_none
/target_self
/target_pet
/target_groupmember_1
/target_groupmember_2
/target_groupmember_3
/target_groupmember_4
/target_groupmember_5

All work as expected

Not positive but I think there are slash commands for target nerest, previous, next npc.
Unread 02-09-2006, 10:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorya
The /target command never functionned until some LU ago...now correct use is /target Name. you can target any npc/pc with that but you have to use caps when needed (for eg. an npc called Viducius Festus has to be properly written /target Viducius Festus )
Ah, the proper capitalization must have been what was mucking up the works for me. I'll give that a shot, thanks.
Unread 02-11-2006, 04:14 AM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I was talking specifically about only /target, because even if the commands above were there, one year ago /target name would not work...it is the most useful command in the /target line in raid (/target_groupmember is obsolete because group order change each time a member leave or enter, /target_nearest_pc/npc is not reliable on raid..).

Now you can make your hotkey : ;/target Name ; /useability healalot/rezalot/divinealot
Unread 02-11-2006, 05:15 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

I wasn't disputing the usefulness of /target Name, mearly pointing out there are several versions of the /target command since the OP didn't specify which and did ask if there were other forms of the command.

Also, while /target Name is useful in raids, the other commands are much more useful for mod scripting. This is EQ2I after all

One example is a button script applied to each of the detrimental effects in the group window. Use the /target_groupmember_x and /useability Cure xxx commands for 1 click removal