Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-18-2005, 12:21 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Kosmo's Tracking Window v2.0

Submitted for Release.
Kosmos Tracking Window v2.0

The purpose of this mod was to creata tracking window that was small as possible, yet was still easily read, and could be left open without disturbing game immersion.

All non-essential elements of the window now have been removed, or have been given the ability to be made transparent.

The Text names in the window resize between a 12 point font size,a and a 15 point font size when the mouse is over the window.

This leaves only the text:
- Names
- Con-filter Checkboxes
- Filter Dropdown Button
- Sort Bar
- Track Arrow Button

If the window is configured with the Title and Frames (Off) the window can be cancled with the 'ESC' key.

To track a mod, click the Track Arrow Button that points to the Right at on the top right corner of the window.

The filters work the same as they do on the starndad window. Just expaned the + Button to access the filter information.

3/20/2005
Updated: Added back in a feature to sort the list, also changed font to Arial14 and have an Add-On that can be used instead if you prefer the ArialBold15 Font. Made some costmetic adjustments.

3/23/2005
I did it. I created an Auto-Resize Tracking Window!!!
Switches from 12Point Font to 15Point Font on mouse over.

Thanks to SOEBobble for the resent post he made on the different type of fonts.

Next Project.. Kosmo's Chat for the Blind. A Chat Window that the text grows when you are typing in it, or mouse-over! Wish me luck.

The Tracking Wnidow can be dowloaded HERE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KosmosTrackingWindow2.jpg
Views:	1125
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	2045  Click image for larger version

Name:	KosmosTrackingWindow3.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	2046  

Last edited by Kosmos : 03-25-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Unread 03-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Your UI screen shots always make me smile Kosmos.
Unread 03-18-2005, 01:24 AM
A Griffon

aWWW. sHUCKS!

I try to put some personality behind them, besides just the MOD.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kosmos : 03-18-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Unread 03-20-2005, 04:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hello there Kosmo,

I have a couple of problems with your MOD or else I've completely messed up the install. Your Tracking mod is the first custom UI I've ever tried to use with EQ2, so I could have very well messed up.

Anyways, here it is,

1. I can't sort my tracking list with your UI.

2. After the install, I cannot see buffs others put on me, the food and drink Icon nor the Posion Icon. I DO see self buffs.

3. Debuffs that I apply to a target appears in MY buff window.

4. Since then I've deleted the INI file and CUSTOM folder, and still am having the same problems.

I downloaded and setup your mod right before Saturdays patch, so I'm not sure whats going on.

Any suggestions?

P.S.

The mod was great otherwise! And if we can figure out why MY debuffs on a target are appearing in my buff window, that might make a good mod too!

Last edited by Zozas : 03-20-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Unread 03-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozas
{snip}
1. I can't sort my tracking list with your UI.
That's by-design. If you notice, the table header (Name sort clickie) has been removed.

Quote:
2. After the install, I cannot see buffs others put on me, the food and drink Icon nor the Posion Icon. I DO see self buffs.

3. Debuffs that I apply to a target appears in MY buff window.
Sounds like you're looking at your maintained window, not your effects window. Make sure both are open. (ALT-M and ALT-E to toggle their status)

Quote:
4. Since then I've deleted the INI file and CUSTOM folder, and still am having the same problems.
{snip}
Looking at maintained rather than effects would explain this as well.
Unread 03-20-2005, 04:50 PM
A Griffon

The update now has a 2pixel underline bar that when clicked sorts the name list as it did before.

The other problems you were having, perhaps you have covered up or turned off another window on accident?

This particular UI is only one file eq2ui_mainhud_tracking.xml

so it shouldn't affect any other mods.

At least that I am aweare of, but PLEASE keep me posted if you get it sorted as it might indicate a bug.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
Unread 03-20-2005, 05:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'll definately check it out, it sounds like Ger hit the nail on the head. I did not know we had a "maintained" spell window. ]

Thanks for the info
Unread 03-24-2005, 06:42 AM
A Griffon

Update Submited for Release
Unread 03-24-2005, 08:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Beta 1
Default Old Version Around For Download ?

anywhere that i can download the old version ?
got my new pc today and loved your old version of the track window, but tbh I really do not like the different size fonts in the new version. you go to click on a name to track, and the resize makes the name move down the screen and you have to chase it

really liked the old version, sadly not a fan of the new version
Unread 03-24-2005, 09:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirt10
got my new pc today and loved your old version of the track window, but tbh I really do not like the different size fonts in the new version. you go to click on a name to track, and the resize makes the name move down the screen and you have to chase it

Great thanks for the feedback!

What I think I'll do is post an Add-On tomorrow of the new window, with a font that doesn't change size. Probably the 14 point font. The 12 is too small to read for me I think.

It's all a matter of taste I suppose. I don't really have the problem of chassing the names though. I keep the window stretched along the left side of my screen. So when I move the mouse over there, that is when I go to click the name. I don't go for the name first. I go for the edge of the window, then the name. I thought some people might not like the auto-resize though, so I had planned on putting out the one that doesn't. I've not got around to it yet.
Unread 03-24-2005, 10:08 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirt10

Ok, I've submitted one as an Add-On to replace the old version.
The Add-On stays the same size that you set it.
Hope that helps. I will probably be available sometime tomorrow. So just check back later.
Unread 03-25-2005, 10:54 AM
A Griffon

Kosmos, I love the expanding fonts in your version, but I find myself using Ger's most excellent version instead because I simply cannot live without two elements yours doesn't seem to have:

- a sort button (perhaps 's' for sort or 'n' for name)
- a close button (perhaps '-')

Would it be possible to add these so I can take advantage of the other features yours has to offer?
Unread 03-25-2005, 11:15 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Hey! I dig expandie-fonts

I may have to swipe that idea. Corse now I gotta find a good reason to use it

Edit: Might wanna add a link to the download page in your first post.
Unread 03-25-2005, 12:15 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange
Kosmos, I love the expanding fonts in your version, but I find myself using Ger's most excellent version instead because I simply cannot live without two elements yours doesn't seem to have:

- a sort button (perhaps 's' for sort or 'n' for name)
- a close button (perhaps '-')

Would it be possible to add these so I can take advantage of the other features yours has to offer?

Lang!

The 'SORT' Featuer is the yellow line under the panel. That's a button to sort the names as the regular version.

The Close button is the 'ESC' key.

So they are already there!

Alternatively. you can turn the title on and make it transparent unless you mouse over the window and click the 'X' to close the window.

I did cover those things in the 'read me' LOL!

Thanks for the feedback!
Unread 03-25-2005, 12:25 PM
A Griffon

Cool, thanks. I'll have to play with this some more tonight then. (sorry about ignoring the readme /blush - I did open it. I just saw the 'how to install a UI instructions' and figured that's all it was, closing it again. )

The mod really is great. I had to move my quest journal helper someplace else on my screen so that I can see everything, but 9 times out of 10 I was able to get the entire track list on my screen at once.
Unread 03-25-2005, 12:29 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange
Cool, thanks. I'll have to play with this some more tonight then. (sorry about ignoring the readme /blush - I did open it. I just saw the 'how to install a UI instructions' and figured that's all it was, closing it again. )

The mod really is great. I had to move my quest journal helper someplace else on my screen so that I can see everything, but 9 times out of 10 I was able to get the entire track list on my screen at once.
Yeah, I like it myself! I'm espeically happy with the way the control panel part came out. I wanted the same 'feel' across alll the buttons, and I think I accomplished what I set out to do. I totally dont' even notice when I have the thing up any longer, and there are VERY rare occasions when I can't see the entire list at one time and that is with all the colors on.

One thing to note. If you have not already figured it out. I removed the scroll bar, I use a mouse with a scroll wheel and that works fine. I seldom have to scroll though since the entire contents of the window are usually available.
Unread 03-25-2005, 12:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Hey! I dig expandie-fonts

I may have to swipe that idea. Corse now I gotta find a good reason to use it

Edit: Might wanna add a link to the download page in your first post.

Thanks, I added the link!
Yeah, I'm thinking a Chat Window mod that the input line expands the font, or all the fonts expand when mouse over would be kewl.

Not attempted it yet though. It might get trick since people tend to put those windows all over the place, and the way it expands would be hard.
I may just make the font change int he current window perhaps.
Unread 03-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmos
Thanks, I added the link!
Yeah, I'm thinking a Chat Window mod that the input line expands the font, or all the fonts expand when mouse over would be kewl.

Not attempted it yet though. It might get trick since people tend to put those windows all over the place, and the way it expands would be hard.
I may just make the font change int he current window perhaps.
Chat is also difficult because the font is resizable, so you may end up "enlarging" the text to smaller than it is by default.
Unread 03-25-2005, 02:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
Chat is also difficult because the font is resizable, so you may end up "enlarging" the text to smaller than it is by default.
That's a very good point I had not though of! I would have to have a way to detect what chat font the person is using already..

Hmm.. Thanks Ger! I hadn't though of that.
Unread 03-25-2005, 10:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost
Default change font?

Great mod! Just what I was looking for!

How do you change the font? The default is a little hard to read.

Thanks
Unread 03-26-2005, 09:08 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatinia
Great mod! Just what I was looking for!

How do you change the font? The default is a little hard to read.

Thanks

Which font would you like to change? The small font when the mouse is not over the window? Or do you want to change the font on the static window I posted as the Add-ON?

If you let me know what point size fornt you would like I can make the changes and attach them here, or I can just give you instructions on what code to change.

Last edited by Kosmos : 03-26-2005 at 09:10 AM.
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:14 PM
A Brown Bear

I use your interface where the text is static and does NOT change when you put the mouse over it. I would just want to use a font like Arial instead of the current one. If you just tell me what code to change, I can go into the .xml file and do it myself. Or if you prefer, you can change it and put a new .xml file here. Whichever you prefer is fine.

Thank you so much and I tell all my scout friends about this mod. It rocks
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:46 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
<TextStyle Algorithm="Simple" FontName="Times New Roman" Language="english" Name="Font_Euro_Zapf14" PointSize="14" UseCachedFont="true"/>
Quote:
<Table BackgroundColor="#000000" BackgroundOpacity="0.000" CellHeight="14" DefaultTextStyle="TrackingFont.Font_Euro_Zapf14" Location="0,6" MinimumScrollExtent="81,0" Name="Table" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0006/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0006/0001" ScrollExtent="81,511" SelectionAllowedMultiRow="false" SelectionColorBackground="#4A404A" SelectionColorRect="#4A404A" Size="81,511" TableModel="TableModel"/>
Change to This.
Quote:
<TextStyle Algorithm="Simple" FontName="Arial" Language="english" Name="Font_Euro_Zapf14" PointSize="15" UseCachedFont="true"/>
Quote:
<Table BackgroundColor="#000000" BackgroundOpacity="0.000" CellHeight="15" DefaultTextStyle="TrackingFont.Font_Euro_Zapf14" Location="0,6" MinimumScrollExtent="81,0" Name="Table" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0006/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0006/0001" ScrollExtent="81,511" SelectionAllowedMultiRow="false" SelectionColorBackground="#4A404A" SelectionColorRect="#4A404A" Size="81,511" TableModel="TableModel"/>
Those should be the only changes you need to make for the static window to make it Arial 15.

Just make sure the Point Size and the Cell Height are the same.
Ignore anything but the ones highlighted in red, as they are just names. The only thing that really matters is the stuff in red.

if you wanted Arial Bold 15 than you would change the this line.

Quote:
Algorithm="Simple"
to
Quote:
Algorithm="Bold"

If that doesn't help I'll make you one up special just tell me what fonts you want. I'm thinking about making one that the user can change the font if I can swing it, but not sure if that is possible. At the very least I think I could let the user change the point size.
Unread 03-26-2005, 09:53 PM
A Brown Bear

Thank you Kosmos. I am out of town for the Easter holiday but will make the changes tomorrow night when I get back home and let you know how it works out. (I'm sure it will work out fine )
Unread 03-28-2005, 04:42 PM
A Griffon

If anyone is following this thread, I would like to know if you would find it useful to have a set of small buttons that change to various fonts for the static window?

Perhaps 5 buttons and 5 different fonts?

Or perhaps work something into the window that would let you set the font for the 'normal' state but leave the mouse over size alone?

Is everyone happy with the font size when it's reduced, or do you want it smaller or larger?

Is the Auto-Resize feature nice? or do you prefer the static sized window?

From the amount of downloads it seems people prefer the resizing window?