EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-27-2005, 11:32 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Lightbulb gui combo??

I personally love the layout of the Tyejae Steel bottom version by Perdition (no offense to the other modders out there i know it is tough work to make a mod and I don't have the patience for it) But I also like the color combination and some of the extra touches of the Fetish Nightfall gui - any way to get a hybrid gui of the 2?
Unread 03-28-2005, 12:13 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeeolag
I personally love the layout of the Tyejae Steel bottom version by Perdition (no offense to the other modders out there i know it is tough work to make a mod and I don't have the patience for it) But I also like the color combination and some of the extra touches of the Fetish Nightfall gui - any way to get a hybrid gui of the 2?
You can piece and tweek a hybrid, I know with mackgee color options for Bottom V8 it now has a wider range of apeal color wise, I personally have taken it and continued modding it ( now that Peridition has retired ), i have added a lot of stuff from various people here, TyeJae, Peridition, Deathbane27, Ger, Quib, Kosmos, Drumstix, Taco-man, and depechenode most notably but from a number of others also.

I have not posted it for a number of reasons:

1) not enough if the content is mine, once I add some more original stuff i may list it. as of now i am only offering it to my guild.

2) Laff..... Laff openly offered to continue periditions bottom, and I do not want to confuse the issue with two people trying to mod the same package. I feel it would be detrimental to the project as a whole.

Lol sorry servers down, am rambleing..... my point is simple yes you can take one mod and intergrate parts from others..... I might suggest not to throw everything in at once, but to test it a piece at a time, so if you have a problem you know where it came from.
Unread 03-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Out of curiousity (while I wait for the servers to come back up so I can test my latest iteration of the bag mod) which one of my mods made it into your compilation? I'm always curious which ones people like and what about them they like so I can make stuff that people will use.
Unread 03-28-2005, 12:22 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Kithicor

the biggest thing i want to try to do is get that color scheme into the perdition gui but i am blonde when it comes to xml editing so i don't know what to change
Unread 03-28-2005, 10:00 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
Out of curiousity (while I wait for the servers to come back up so I can test my latest iteration of the bag mod) which one of my mods made it into your compilation? I'm always curious which ones people like and what about them they like so I can make stuff that people will use.
lol, Both your large bag and your 3/4 bag made it........ as well as Depechenode's 3/4 version of your mod with the title and button mouseovers. My current package I took his title button mod, and also added it to your Large bag mod, then added Deathbane's bag lock to both sizes. so i have both sizes avaialable as options, I personaly use the 3/4 size and have it as default. ( btw nice bag mod thanks )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeeolag
the biggest thing i want to try to do is get that color scheme into the perdition gui but i am blonde when it comes to xml editing so i don't know what to change
Predomiantly color is controlled thru the DDS files. in the case of periditions UI look in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Custom\images Custom being the directory name where you store the mod.

Look for a file named perdigraphics.dds this is the template from which the UI pulls its graphics, if you change colors on this file, it changes to bulk of the UI. additionaly periditions bottom uses the incubi silver outline files for borders and such. Looking at Fetishis nightfall screenshots, it would be my guess that not only does he have a dedicated graphic similar to periditions in function, but that he also tinted a borders file and a background file to get that nice purple effect. assuming you wanted periditions main Graphics for the UI and the color from Nightfall, it would probably be easiest to acheive by using photoshop or Paintshop pro, to tint the existing peridition files. adding general mods such as the bag mod Ger mentions above to a "Compete UI" is not too bad in and of itself. Merging Nightfall and Bottom would be difficult at best. Fetish does a lot of interacting between his modules and pulling one piece out to use can be difficult, for my own needs i have found it is better to study his code then try and incorporate some of his neat ideas into my own mods, rather that try to pull a whole module from his.

basicly as a short recap - go to the immages directory under your custom UI folder and tint border, background and main graphic parts as needed to acheive your desired color. ( Mackgee has uploaded a set of tinted .DDS's for Peridition Bottom V8 already you might wanna try )

Last edited by diabolist : 03-28-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Unread 03-28-2005, 10:25 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
2) Laff..... Laff openly offered to continue periditions bottom, and I do not want to confuse the issue with two people trying to mod the same package. I feel it would be detrimental to the project as a whole.
I have given some thought on the best way to keep this updated, Rather than upload a whole UI set I figured that best way was to just post patches for it under the main UI download and to keep my "addons" as well addons if people want to use them or not...

It wouldnt harm I guess if you were to put an "addons" folder together and post it there, But we would both have to make it clear that they will probably not be compatable with each other... And for the novice user to just use one or the other.

Just a thought
Unread 03-28-2005, 10:56 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default thanks Laff

I appreciate the offer, but i not sure it would work too well.

I am really not a programer at heart, I got into modifying a UI package more for the immersion factor of enhancing game play of myself than any other reason. but in talking to guild mates about how cool some of the things you guys here have done, that I was using, some of them started using my collection just because it was easy. ( I could talk them thru installation on Ventrillo ). I am not sure I want to stand behind my mod/collection as a programmer. lol as I state in my Text info file most of the code I didnt write, so when SoE breaks it, i dont necessarliy know if i will be able to fix it.

The other reason it wouldnt work is basic differences, in the direction i am taking it. at the moment most of my mods would fit as addon's to the current V8, but some of the more extensive changes comming up ( I.E. soon as I learn more, lol ) will make major changes to the main UI, changes enough I think that it would confuse people if they tried parts from both.

I do have to admit one thing....... Modding UI's is a hell of a lot more interesting that Tradeskilling roflmao.
Unread 03-28-2005, 11:04 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default added thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
you know I was thinking, currently the mods are 4 across...... I was thinking of going to 6 across due the the recent upping to 36 slots. That would make the largest bags 6x6 as opposed to 4x8, mentally I envision 2 stacks of 3 boxes and think 3 6x6's ( 3/4 size ) would fit inside the Bottom V8 screen graphics without blocking any windows, but as the largest bag I have to test atm is 24, it was not something on the front burner, but more of a planned future item to deal with.