EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-05-2006, 03:59 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default An Idea: Would this be possible?

I had an idea for a modification to the UI that I would be most interested in. But I don't know if it would be possible. I originally posted this in another forum here, but as I already use Fetish (and no one has responded in the other forum after waiting a couple of weeks) I thought I might re-post this here on the chance perhaps you might have some ideas on this...

Here is my original post, from the requests forum:

Quote:
First, my apologies if something like this exists already. I tried to see if I could find something, and I couldn't.

I would love to have a mod that, when accessing the "Visit" menu for homes, will bring up a list of names for people visited most frequently. Perhaps the top 5-10 names of homes visited the most. I'm not sure if there could be a way of tracking names used the most, because I wouldn't want the list flooded with names of homes we go to for purchasing items. Or perhaps even some way of editing the list ourselves and manually adding in our own names. Either in the window in-game, or even if we have to manually edit the XML file or something.

Would something like this be possible?
I was thinking even if it was something where I would need to go in to the XML files or whatever and enter specific names for the homes I visit the most, so they are available in-game, I would absolutely love it. I don't know how many others are interested in something like this. Between alts, friends, and guild specific homes (like my guild's crafting hall) sometimes I really wish I could just click their name and enter without having to search for them every time. Call me lazy.
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

It should be possible to add a menu plugin (similar to my Market Favs) that:

1) Populates the search field with names from an easy to edit file
2) Selects the first match in the results table
3) And Presses the "Enter" button

The last step is potentially a problem since the first match may not actually be the person you want to visit, but as long as you give the exact full name, it should work.

I'll probably add this to my set after the 8.0 release

Another alternative would be to replace the menu with a listbox on the side, but I'm partial to the space savings offered by menus.
Unread 12-08-2006, 05:43 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

WOOOOOOOOT!!! Thank you Zonx!!!!

*Isn't the least bit excited. Oh noooooo, not at all!*