EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via AIM to g0dless420 Send a message via Yahoo to g0dless420 Send a message via Skype™ to g0dless420
Default Target Casting Window

-Target Casting Bar: Added this new window to show what your target/implied target is casting. It looks like the player casting bar. To use type or make a macro with /show_window Custom.TargetCasting

Window works, but using it /hide_window doesn't turn it off permanently. Trying this out on my pet, and on it's long casting spells you see the window go away, until it casts its next spell and the window is back.
Unread 10-20-2010, 12:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

I am unsure why that behavior is present. I will look into it.

Silat
Unread 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to g0dless420 Send a message via Yahoo to g0dless420 Send a message via Skype™ to g0dless420

Thanks, if I figure out anything on my end will let you know as well.
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I haven't looked the file Silat but if you have the dynamic data populated in the main window it will auto show that window every time the target cast. That is the only thing that would make the window reappear. Removeing that from the main window should allow users to perma hide the window.
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
I haven't looked the file Silat but if you have the dynamic data populated in the main window it will auto show that window every time the target cast. That is the only thing that would make the window reappear. Removeing that from the main window should allow users to perma hide the window.
I do. Thanks for the help.

Silat
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:50 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Here is a fixed version that will stay hidden. It will be on the updater in the next few days. You can get the file from here in the interim.

Silat
Attached Files
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_TargetCasting.xml (3.2 KB, 905 views)
Unread 10-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Works perfectly!! Thanks Silat (and Landiin).
Unread 10-20-2010, 03:08 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen
Default Cant get it to work

Hmmm, updater is not working and i have added the attached file in my profit ui folder but i cant get it work . . . or i cant get the bar to show up after typing in the command. Any help will be appreciated
Unread 10-20-2010, 08:49 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis
Send a message via MSN to DiggityMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
It will be on the updater in the next few days. You can get the file from here in the interim.

Silat
I got that file to work as expected

Unread 10-24-2010, 07:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Would it please be possible to have a screenshot of this window?

Just like Hellstorm I cannot seem to get it to work either, and I don't know what it should look like.

Thanks in advance

Maelstrom
Unread 10-24-2010, 09:35 AM
A Griffon
Featured

For those that cannot see it make sure that you do not have _Profitui_custom.xml on ignore. As for a screenshot, it looks just like the casting bar except it shows the enemy's spells.

Silat
Unread 10-24-2010, 11:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am a little confused.

I can successfully see the enemy casting spells with the casting bar shown on the target window (or implied). It is incredibly useful

But I read the beginning of this thread as though it was possible to see players/allies casting bars too in addition to the enemy mobs.

Can you clarify this for me?

For example.. would I be able to target the MT and see him casting taunts or defensive skills or target a priest and see which spells they are using.

If this isnt possible then I apologise for the misinterpretation on my part.
Unread 10-24-2010, 11:38 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Nope. Not possible to see players casting.

Silat
Unread 11-07-2010, 09:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default always on

Is there a way to get the bar to always show up without having to use the macro every time I log in?
Unread 11-07-2010, 09:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default permanently being displayed

I second this notion.

For those of us who want the target casting window to always be displayed, there should be an option that does not involve having to hit a macro every time the game is loaded.
Unread 11-07-2010, 10:44 AM
A Griffon

As long as those of us who don't use it, don't have to hit the macro.
Unread 12-10-2010, 11:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown

I too would prefer having a setting to activate the TargetCasting bar rather than using a macro. (I added the command to my first attack button.)

I suggest adding a check box, similar to the "Show Auto Attack Bar" setting in the ProfitUI Control Center window. This way folks who do not want to see the TargetCasting bar can uncheck the setting, and those of us who do want to see the bar can do so without using /show_window Custom.TargetCasting to activate it.

On another note, thank you for adding the TargetCasting bar. It's appreciated.
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxsis View Post
I too would prefer having a setting to activate the TargetCasting bar rather than using a macro. (I added the command to my first attack button.)

I suggest adding a check box, similar to the "Show Auto Attack Bar" setting in the ProfitUI Control Center window. This way folks who do not want to see the TargetCasting bar can uncheck the setting, and those of us who do want to see the bar can do so without using /show_window Custom.TargetCasting to activate it.

On another note, thank you for adding the TargetCasting bar. It's appreciated.
You can be my guinea pig. Extract the attached zip to your profitui directory. It should enable autoshow by default. It should also be able to be turned on and off via the control center. It contains three files. Change true to false in _ProfitUI_Settings_TargetCastBar.txt to make it not show by default. Please let me know if this works for you.

Silat
Attached Files
File Type: zip ProfitUI.zip (4.6 KB, 594 views)
Unread 12-11-2010, 11:38 AM
A Griffon

I only have one request if you push this live, make the default to NOT show, instead of to show.

Much more appropriate for those that want the targetcasting bar showing to make the change, then have to make a change to get it back to where it was before the modification.

Thanks.
Unread 12-11-2010, 11:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Thanks. I'll have a block of time this afternoon to properly test the change and get back to you.
Unread 12-11-2010, 12:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi View Post
I only have one request if you push this live, make the default to NOT show, instead of to show.

Much more appropriate for those that want the targetcasting bar showing to make the change, then have to make a change to get it back to where it was before the modification.

Thanks.
I would. I do not use the bar .
I just left it at show by default for the tester.

Silat
Unread 12-11-2010, 01:21 PM
A Forest Scavenger

For testing I used taunt to pull unearthed settlers in The Thundering Steppes and woolly silkspinners in Frostfang Sea to show the state of the casting bar.

Results:

On character login the current default for 'Show Target Cast Bar' is enabled in the ProfitUI Control Center:

The TargetCasting bar window is off. (The window should have been on.) Toggling the 'Show Target Cast Bar' condition off and back on works as expected. The TargetCasting bar only stays persistent until the character logs off.

Loading a character with the 'Show Target Cast Bar' check box disabled during the prior session:

The TargetCasting bar window is off. The 'Show Target Cast Bar' check box setting on character login is enabled. (The check box setting should have remained disabled.) Toggling the 'Show Target Cast Bar' condition off and back on works as expected.

Summary:
It appears show_window is not being triggered on character load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi
I will be using the TargetCast bar, but I do agree with gjsi. The default ProfitUI TargetCasting bar setting should be off.

Side note...
Using /show_window and /hide_window Custom.TargetCasting work fine in conjunction with the 'Show Target Cast Bar' ProfitUI Control Center setting. (User note: neither manual command will change the graphical state of the ProfitUI Control Center checkbox. However, the next change to the check box setting on or off does properly correspond to the TargetCasting bar window's true state.) This has only been mentioned for the sake of testing to show the manual commands continue to play nicely with the new Control Center setting.

Last edited by Abraxsis : 12-11-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Unread 12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxsis View Post
For testing I used taunt to pull unearthed settlers in The Thundering Steppes and woolly silkspinners in Frostfang Sea to show the state of the casting bar.

Results:

On character login the current default for 'Show Target Cast Bar' is enabled in the ProfitUI Control Center:

The TargetCasting bar window is off. (The window should have been on.) Toggling the 'Show Target Cast Bar' condition off and back on works as expected. The TargetCasting bar only stays persistent until the character logs off.

Loading a character with the 'Show Target Cast Bar' check box disabled during the prior session:
<Snip>
As for that statement ...the checkbox setting does not and is not intended to persist across sessions. The text file has to be edited to make it your default.

Text file I am referring to is:
Change true to false in _ProfitUI_Settings_TargetCastBar.txt

Having said all that it should have been on by default with the unedited files I put in the zip. Will check to make sure I did as I intended and i'll troubleshoot.

Silat

Edit: Right files were uploaded. It seems to be a timing issue...Will have to make it wait a few seconds to activate and that should fix the problem. I just have to figure out how to do that .

Last edited by TalTal : 12-11-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Unread 12-11-2010, 02:53 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal
As for that statement ...the checkbox setting does not and is not intended to persist across sessions. The text file has to be edited to make it your default.

Text file I am referring to is:
Change true to false in _ProfitUI_Settings_TargetCastBar.txt
I though the checkbox setting might have been storing its persistent value in the text file. I understand now.

Thanks for taking time to work on this for us. I'll check in later to test your revision when ready.
Unread 12-29-2010, 02:20 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
...Will have to make it wait a few seconds to activate and that should fix the problem. I just have to figure out how to do that .
Any luck getting this figured out TalTal?