Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 10-23-2006, 03:45 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Trying to make a new bag window with the new IconBank

I've been messing around with the new bag window, trying to make something like ger's multiformat bag with this new Iconbank. The Iconbank seems really nice becuase the icons automatically shuffle to the next row. My intentions were to have the bag:

1. Resizable - works, horizontal size saves but vertical size doesn't
2. Drag and close button, hidable by hiding title - works except drag button doesn't drag

3. size automatically snaps tight like the hotbars - not sure if this is possible
4. resizable icons - probably not possible, but the icon size is only in one place in the xml file

I'm guessing the vertical resizing problem is related to the earlier problem fixed by Mook's stayput mod.

Another problem I found with this IconBank feature is that the frame color switches to white if you do anything to the xml file. I just couldn't figure out why the frame color was always white. Has anyone else tried making a new bag mod? Here's what I've gotten so far:
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml (2.2 KB, 988 views)
Unread 10-23-2006, 05:02 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

1. Have the same problem on mine, vertical size snaps to the vertical size that the bag would have with 4 horizontal icons. If changing the icon size in game, it will still snap to the icon size defined in the XML.

2. Had no problems with the drag button on mine (if you mean a button to move the window).

3. It does snap vertically as explained under 1. once you move an item in the bags or else once you log out. Horizontally it doesn't appear to snap at all. Maybe there is a parameter of the IconBank that lists the items per row and the number of rows; we could use that to calculate the minimum size and set it ourselves.

4. You can change the IconSize during runtime. Works fine except for the size saving problem mentioned above.

The only other mods out there that I have seen are mine and now Faetyl posted his as well. Faetyl says his are resizing + saving correctly, but when I tested them they would always come up with only the title bar visible no matter what I did...
Unread 10-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6901

gm9, did you wipe your characters window placment file before testing?
Since they are resizable bags and your previous bags location markers in the file where most likely only saving data for the non-resizable variety that may be where your issue with my bags is coming from.

I haven't received any feedback in my beta section at all but getting a few downloads/views so i've assumed all was fine so far.

Where can I find your bag mod gm9?
I'd like to check it out.

A Dev did mention something about setting up the bag size to accomodate a 4 x 8 grid of whatever icon size you chose for proper resizing but I haven't had a chance to play with that yet.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 10-23-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Unread 10-23-2006, 10:55 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Whoooops!

I finally realized what was making my icon frames white! I started using Wordpad to edit the xml files and it was saving them as ANSI text instead of UTF-8. /bonk
Everything seemed to work except probably the '#' character isn't the same. I went back to Notepad and things look better now.

So it seems like the vertical size snaps to what should be the correct size, but only if your rows are 4 slots wide... This will be a problem unless we can work around it somehow.

I looked at your bag some more and messed with mine some more to come up with:
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml (2.3 KB, 985 views)
Unread 10-24-2006, 01:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes Faetyl, I deleted the uisettings.ini. I saw you had one for download but I didn't try that one I have to admit. Haven't taken a look at any of your other windows.

You can find my mod linked on top of my download thread as a fix for the test server. It's a quick and dirty fix which I put out immediately once I got my hands on a the update, so all the bugs in there are not intentional.

edit: PS: I didn't leave feedback in your thread 'cause I only looked at your bags just before replying to Othesus and I was sure you'd catch my post anyway.

Last edited by gm9 : 10-24-2006 at 01:47 AM.