EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 11-27-2005, 02:11 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Najena
Default Operation Treat any Soldier!!!

This has nothing to do with EQ2, but we all should read it anyhow!

Its a post from a Clan trying to help our troops.

Hi Y'all,

The Drunkenmaster have decided to start a contribution drive to support our troops overseas. We may play the game but our brave men and women are fighiting the real deal 24/7.

We are coordinating with a couple of groups to send our soldiers something nice for Christmas. We are looking for money to support this effort. And all monies will be accounted for and donated to care packages for our troops thru www.treatanysoldier.com and http://www.motomail.org among a couple of others I trust.

We are also going to contact EA and DICE to see if they will help out as well.
I'll deal with that but if anybody else in interested in helping please contact me.

We, as Drunkenmasters challenge every other clan that plays BF2 to donate. You can donate directly to them or to us and the money will get to the troops I assure you.

So far The Drunkenmaster have raised $550 for this effort and more donations are coming in. We urge you to help in this effort and quickly as I have to get the packages out by the 10th of December to git to the troops in time.

I also urge you to ask you own clan members to donate. No amount is too small and the troops will appreciate every cent spent. I also encourage you to just write them a email or snail mail to let them know you are behind them in spirit or include the letters in your check and I'll make sure they get to them. http://www.motomail.org is excellent for email and they will print out the page and hand deliver it to the soldiers. And it's free.

I have a son in law there and clan friends and I want to get this done soon, so time is of the essence. And if you have a troop preference let me know (I need a APO/FPO address) so I can organize the effort more effectively and to make sure the care packages get to your friends or loved ones!

You can email me for more information or to help out at [email protected]
You can also snail me at

K. Fischer
4898 163rd Ave N
Clearwater, FL

Lets do this as a community effort guys and girls! Think about it. We are putting our money where our mouths are and helpin our troops in the process. We play the game, now it's time to share that comradery with our troops who play this game for real.

You can link to us at http://www.drunkenmasters.us
or send directly to http://www.treatanysoldier.com

Tell them the BF2 community and clans say thank you!

Thank you very much!

-{DM}-Bing

Unread 11-27-2005, 04:50 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

As much as I appreciate people who actually care these days, it often makes me mad that no one ever gave a damn about those of us who served our country before.
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 11-27-2005, 08:10 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Well it just seems to be the "new sort of trend" to do stuff like this nowdays... Yes its all well and good and will boost moral for the guys and galls out there and that of course is the objective... And I think it is a good thing in that respect.

And people did actualy give a damn about the likes of us before m8, Problem is in the past it was damn hard if not next to impossible to set up somthing like this up back then!

Besides you US dudes have always had the best of kit suplied by whatever regiment you was with, Unlike us poor Brits that fight for our country with kit we have to buy ourselves, if we want to stay comfortable that is lol ... just a shame we couldnt buy our own 7.62 rounds from the surplus store as well now that would have made things a tad better / safer lol

This post not ment to offend or dish anyone its just a comment oks guys