EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Its not bugged, you just need to read the FAQ for instructions on disabeling tha feature for the one chat window you intend to type in

And yah there's a good chance your settings file was bugged temporarily and it just happened to get fixed when you were swapping stuff around. Or possibly SOE was having issues with chat settings that day.
Unread 03-18-2007, 06:27 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen
Question New Infocenter... Ok for me to update to directory?

There is a rescent update to the Infocenter and I was wondering does unzipping the Infocenter to the Fetish UI folder update the Infocenter or will it mess up the Fetish "Style, Functionality" of it?

I LOVE Fetish UI and really don't want to mess it up, but I'd really like to have the updated infocenter. I just want to make sure I won't screw it up if I update it as explained in that interfaces area of the forums.

Thank you for all your hard work.
Azuresky
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm having an issue with the raid window. As raid leader, I can't move people into different groups. I can click and hold a person's name, but when I drag it into the destination group and let go, it won't move.

I'm also having trouble with seeing some buff effects. Sometimes, when I hover over buffs icons in my buff list, the stats won't show. The description of the buff will show, but the bulleted list with the statistics won't show.
Unread 03-20-2007, 10:36 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos

Azuresky: If you look at the contents of the Infocenter zip file, you will see that everything EXCEPT three xml files go into a separate directory which Fetish does not reference.

eq2ui_mainhud_startmenu.xml : This is a modifed startmenu that contains a button to bring up the infocenter.

eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml : These are the infocenter main windows
eq2ui_journals.xml :

Do NOT copy over the last two (eq2ui_journals*). Fetish comes with support for the infocenter "built-in".

Copy the startmenu file if you want. You will have to see if having a button for infocenter is worth any changes to the startmenu as supplied by Fetish. (I, personally, use a special startmenu and so never copy this file over either).

All the other files contain the 'data' for the infocenter and should be copied.
Unread 03-20-2007, 11:50 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Actually, you do not want to overwrite the following as well:

Socials (folder)

Miscellany / displayprofiles (folder)

This was according to Zonk not too long ago. I'm curious though if the recent changes in the InfoCenter (inclusion of links to the browser window) would change the update process though.
Unread 03-21-2007, 06:56 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

I'll have to review the current state of the Infocenter but when I last looked, the only significant changes were to remove content.

I do see he's created a web version of the content so I may end up adding a browser bookmark to that site and remove most of the in-game window.

The standard Fetish start menu includes a button for Infocenter and several other Fetish specific windows. You probably don't want to use the version provided with Infocenter.

My recomendation would be to avoid patching the Fetish Infocenter for now.
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen

It appears Bag resizing isn't functional and neither the EQ2Players look-up option under EQ2Players.

Something I would also like to suggest is being able to edit the various Notes tabs in the Infocenter within the game, as I would definitely use such an integration a whole, whole lot.

I also feel that having the Infocenter seperated from the browser is quite conducive for enabling the user access to a resource without troubling their breadth in system bandwidth (and would appreciate its inclusion without implementation into the web browser ).

Last edited by Xietsu : 03-28-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:24 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Xietsu, bags should be resizable. You may need to unlock them.

Player look-ups should work, though you may need to log into the site. Also be aware the first click will open the browser to a blank page if its not alrdy open.

Editable notes are not currently possible with the in-game version of infocenter. A web based version could in-theory allow for user log in and associated notes.
Unread 03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone
Cool Socials Window

First off, as I've always said and why I donate via Paypal, major kudos to you Zonx for the bestest UI for EQ2!!

With last weeks update the socials window gives an error message saying it's no longer compatible with the game and to load the default...there are new macro tools available apparently and so this probly needs to be looked at...

I haven't found anything else yet but I'll keep playing with it
Unread 04-02-2007, 08:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Fetish Nightfall v.8.5

Something I've noticed, is that the experience is counting up and then back down. This happens with all the experience - adventure, AA, and tradeskill. For example, I was telling someone that I was at 91.5% and then looked back and it was at 91%. This kept happening, it would count up and then change back down again to the non decimal percent, but backwards. Is this a SOE issue that this UI just mirrors, or is this bugged?

I do have a clean install of the UI since I always uninstall when there's a major update. Thanks.
Unread 04-03-2007, 06:19 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Known and reported issue with the numbers SOE suplies tot he UI. The whole number and the decimal are sent down seperately. UI modders than use some tricks to splice them together. The problem is that the whole number is being rounded up when the decimal is greater than .4. Nothing we can do about it on the UI side.
Unread 04-04-2007, 04:33 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test
Default Loading ui

For some reason I can not get fetishnightfall to load this morning. All worked great up until this morning. I have no idea what could have changed as I've changed nothing. I just logged in as I usually do, but this time the only thing that opens is the default ui. No matter what I do I can not get your ui to be used. Here is the contents of my eq2.ini file.

ics_maxcameradistance 20
cl_movie_enabled 0
cl_ui_skinname FetishNightfall
cl_ui_subdir UI/

I have no idea what is up. Did sony change from ini to cfg? I don't get it.

thanks for help in advance.
Unread 04-06-2007, 05:31 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw
Default LoadUI

When i open the /loadui window , i can't se any UI's in the list, net even the default one, have to press the Default button and then change from there.
Unread 04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Known and reported issue with the numbers SOE suplies tot he UI. The whole number and the decimal are sent down seperately. UI modders than use some tricks to splice them together. The problem is that the whole number is being rounded up when the decimal is greater than .4. Nothing we can do about it on the UI side.
Posted it in another thread here, but since it seems to be a popular topic....

SOE Fixes XP so no more need to round.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8156
Unread 04-07-2007, 05:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Any ETA on a fix for the new macro system and any other items that came about in LU32 to this beautiful UI? Or any quick fixes in the mean time?
Unread 04-13-2007, 08:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Default XP display solution?

Zonx,

If you have the ability to cache or retrieve the currently displayed whole XP value before you update it (displayedWholePart) with the new information you receive (newWholePart), you should be able to fix the incorrect XP display issue:

if newWholePart NotEqualTo displayedWholePart And
newFractionPart IsGreaterThan .4
then
displayedWholePart = newWholePart - 1
else
displayedWholePart = newWholePart
end if

displayedFractionPart = newFractionPart

Obviously, this is a simple solution, so I suspect there may be more nuances to the XP values returned than you described earlier. I apologize if you have already tried and discounted this approach.
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:00 AM
A Griffon

Yes, unfortunately you can't have scripts running nonstop checking your XP.

But never fear, SOE is fixing this for us!

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8156
Unread 04-14-2007, 04:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Default bags

with LU33 I cannot get my bags to resize even if unlocked. I am not one who knows how to edit the files to make UI's work so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I read the faq, and have a clean install and i have asked on my server a couple times, but no one seems to have my problem.

i cant actually SEE the spinner bar on my hotkey bars. I cant move them until i activate it, and then i just have to kind of guess where it should be. If i accidentally flip hotbars by hitting a key combination, i cry a little inside cause i have to make a new hotbar and move it, i cant ever target the invisible arrows that flip the hotbar.

i am xml ignorant to boot, so i cant go in and monkey around myself to try to see whats going on. Anyone able to shed some light?
Unread 04-24-2007, 08:52 AM
A Nerius Seer

schroedingercat : The 'visibility' of the spinner arrows are controlled from the Window Settings (sub)menu for the hotbar.

Select 'Frame' or 'Frame+Titie' to make the spinner visible.

Actually, it is a three-step process:
(1) Select 'show spinner' from the Hotbar sub-menu.
(2) Select 'frame' or 'frame+title' from the Window Settings sub-menu.
(3) Make sure one of the two 'show Title' sliders has a non-zero setting.
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

you fixed it!!! thank you thank you!
Unread 04-25-2007, 04:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Problems with 8.5

Everything works great except -- I am unable to move my cast bar even though the icon to move shows up over it.. and game options opens but all it says is TAB on the side and is blank, is this a known issue?
Unread 04-25-2007, 05:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristalyn View Post
Everything works great except -- I am unable to move my cast bar even though the icon to move shows up over it.. and game options opens but all it says is TAB on the side and is blank, is this a known issue?
This is due to the GU 34 going live. I'm sure Zonx will get it ironed out in his next update.
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Heya, thx 4 the update...got only one minor issue.. the spell effects bar fills from right to the left now, mistake, intention?
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:15 PM
A Griffon

He changed it in this version:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7295

I actually like the way the default maintained and effects windows work. The icons use the mode VolumeFill="auto" which makes them fill differently, depending on the window shape and depending on which edge of the screen it's closest to.