EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 09-17-2013, 12:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Map Not Available - Soluseks Eye

I know the maps for Solusek's Eye exist. They are in my image/maps folder. However, they do not load up when I am in the zone.

I've reinstalled EQ2MAP using both the automated and manual version. Nothing seemed to fix it.

I THINK EQ2MAP is working since I can see all the POIs on my other maps, but not sure.
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

I did a test and they seams to work fine.
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Originally I just had the EQ2MAP contents in my Default UI folder (i.e., eq2map2, images and PIO directories under Default) but that didn't work for me. Shouldn't it have?

So, I decided to put it in it's own UI directory under EQMAP. Changed the eq.ini from cl_ui_skinname Default to cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP, but that didn't work either [that's when I posted above].

Well today I changed the UI in eq2_recent.ini from cl_ui_skinname Default to cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP it seems to have fixed the problem.

Also. I presume all the .xml files not present in the EQMAP directory result in using the ones from the Default UI ?
Unread 09-17-2013, 02:05 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatecaptcha View Post
Well today I changed the UI in eq2_recent.ini from cl_ui_skinname Default to cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP it seems to have fixed the problem.
This is a common problem. Something in the game client's buggy and it's letting the saved settings in eq2_recent.ini override the settings in eq2.ini when it shouldn't. Annoyingly, just deleting the entries from eq2_recent doesn't work. They come back with the default values. You have to actually change their values to match what's in eq2.ini.

As for putting things in the UI/Default folder, no that won't usually work. The launchpad will notice any modified files there and overwrite them with copies of the default files, leaving EQ2Map not working. You need to install UI mods in their own folder and point cl_ui_skinname to that folder. It's effectively an overlay, if a file isn't present in the mod's folder the one in the Default folder is used.
Unread 09-17-2013, 02:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
This is a common problem. Something in the game client's buggy and it's letting the saved settings in eq2_recent.ini override the settings in eq2.ini when it shouldn't. Annoyingly, just deleting the entries from eq2_recent doesn't work. They come back with the default values. You have to actually change their values to match what's in eq2.ini.

As for putting things in the UI/Default folder, no that won't usually work. The launchpad will notice any modified files there and overwrite them with copies of the default files, leaving EQ2Map not working. You need to install UI mods in their own folder and point cl_ui_skinname to that folder. It's effectively an overlay, if a file isn't present in the mod's folder the one in the Default folder is used.
I see. Thanks! In the past the UI's I have used for the various games I've played have completely replaced the Default, so I was a bit unsure when I first installed EQ2maps. Although, I was seeing the POI's for my maps, so I thought it was working.

Thanks for your help.