EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 02-16-2005, 09:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default T5 maps

First off, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who made this mod possible. It's a tremendous help to everyone and I for one appreciate it.

I am a 47 Monk so I am currently playing in many of the end game zones like Everfrost, Permafrost, Lavastorm, Solusek's Eye, etc. There isn't much information out there yet on any of these zones much less any maps and that can sometimes be frustrating.

I would be happy to volunteer to try to map out some of these zones for this project. The problem is that I'm not quite sure what I need to do to accomplish this. If someone could explain what I need to do, I'll try to help out in any way I can.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.
Unread 02-16-2005, 10:42 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

step by step using sunthas method.

turn on log file using /log command.
run around the edge of the zone pressing a /loc macro that you made.
turn off log file.

then using tony's tool you can extract x,y,z coordinates. If you are having trouble with his tool or don't want to do it, you can probably just post your raw logs up here. Other OOC and stuff in the log is ok, but try not to start the log until you start mapping.

dungeons are a little harder as you have to log along the wall on both sides of tunnels and corridors but it can be done as well. This is the method I used to make nek castle and stormhold maps and I believe its the same method tony has used on ruins of varsoon. This method was also used on fallen gate, wailing caves, and now crypt of betrayal.
Unread 02-16-2005, 01:00 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

In addition to what sunthas said, check out the map creation page at http://maps.eq2interface.com/index.php?ID=createmap. Thanks a ton for wanting to help out.