Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-30-2006, 10:07 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiroprotagonist
Ok having a bit of trouble with the EQMap Spoiler project..I had it running in my last UI, but the very very new 2.2.2 Profit UI seems to have me stymied. I stuck it in, inserted the include, and ...it worked ! I logged out for a bit, came back to game...and it wont pop up. Any answers?
I took a look at the Profit UI (I've never used it myself.) It appears to install it's own version of EQ2MAP and eq2ui_mainhud.xml.

So, just to check and make sure you followed the steps in what appears to be the right order to me:

1) Install Profit

2) Install EQ2Map

3) Install Map Spoiler

4) Edit eq2ui_mainhud.xml

You might have already done that, but since you didn't say - I wanted to make sure that you were where I think you are before troubleshooting further.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 04-01-2006, 12:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Map spoiler

What a neat mod. I too am having the black screen problem. I have tried this with 3 different interfaces on 2 computers. What I have discovered is:
1. The blue text shows up enough so I can read and click on it.
2. There is space at the right side of the window for the scroll bar, but scrolling is not available.
3. The upper right corner of the window has an "x" to close the window but it is not visible. I found it by just messing around.

I hope this little bit of info can help you fix the problem.
Unread 04-01-2006, 01:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekina
What a neat mod. I too am having the black screen problem. I have tried this with 3 different interfaces on 2 computers. What I have discovered is:
1. The blue text shows up enough so I can read and click on it.
2. There is space at the right side of the window for the scroll bar, but scrolling is not available.
3. The upper right corner of the window has an "x" to close the window but it is not visible. I found it by just messing around.

I hope this little bit of info can help you fix the problem.
Could you do me a favor and zip up your custom ui folder, your eq2.ini file, and the uisettings file from on of your characters and mail it to mother9987 at yahoo.com. I can't duplicate the problem myself. Maybe your files will help me figure it out.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 04-01-2006, 05:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Sent

First one was too big. Call me if you want access.
Unread 04-02-2006, 11:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking Thank you ...

so very much. The spoiler works like a dream. I was messing with 3 different UI's that modified eq2ui_mainhud.xml. Somehow I got my hands crossed or had a "senior moment".

You were very gracious to help me.
Unread 04-04-2006, 02:08 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Lucan DLere

Question for ye Mother. Is this spoiler mod cover all zones? I saw that you pulled the data from EQMaps but didn't know if you pulled all the data or just certain zones worth. Second question is will it work with Fetish Nightfall? Didn't know if you tested it with it or had any reports from others that tried with Fetish. Overall I'd say you have done a ine job here with this mod. I like it and hope it will work with my UI. Thamk for your time and nice mod.

MD!

PS: Oh forgot to offer up a Idea. If you or anyone decides to creat a updater perhaps just a simple app that a client can use client side that scan modifications to the EQMaps updates. You know run map updater get nw POI's and run "MotherUpdater" (catchy I know) and it's scans for new poi's from the new EQMaps POI"s. Dunno how easy or hard that would be though.

Last edited by MoonDeville : 04-04-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Unread 04-05-2006, 09:24 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Befallen
Default Question

I have the Spoiler Mother, I've added it as part of the ProfitReborn UI. The problem I'm having is,the spoiler part, always appears as complete black. Any suggestions for this?? I also get a huge lag spike when I open it for the first time, not sure if this is occuring with anyone else, but figured I'd post it to let you know.

Any suggestions on why the spoiler part is black, and how to cure it would be welcomed.

I think this project is outstanding and I hope it just gets better. Great Work!!

DUH, had I took the time to read, I would have seen my question was already there! The only other thing I can offer is perhaps the lag spike issue.

Last edited by Anarissa : 04-05-2006 at 09:26 AM. Reason: IDIOCY!!!
Unread 04-05-2006, 10:29 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDeville
Question for ye Mother. Is this spoiler mod cover all zones? I saw that you pulled the data from EQMaps but didn't know if you pulled all the data or just certain zones worth. Second question is will it work with Fetish Nightfall? Didn't know if you tested it with it or had any reports from others that tried with Fetish. Overall I'd say you have done a ine job here with this mod. I like it and hope it will work with my UI. Thamk for your time and nice mod.

MD!

PS: Oh forgot to offer up a Idea. If you or anyone decides to creat a updater perhaps just a simple app that a client can use client side that scan modifications to the EQMaps updates. You know run map updater get nw POI's and run "MotherUpdater" (catchy I know) and it's scans for new poi's from the new EQMaps POI"s. Dunno how easy or hard that would be though.
I think one other user has tried it with Fetish, but I'm not certain. If you want to be the guinea-pig that gives it an official thumbs-up, I'd certainly appreciate it. Maybe I'll add a "tested with" section on the download page so future people will know.

AFAIK every zone should be included. If you (or anyone else who reads this) comes across one where there's an EQ2MAP with POIs on it, but no spoiler page, post or PM me and I'll make sure that it gets processed by the script on the next pass.

It might be possible (at some point) to release the script that processes the eq2map poi's so people can self-update their spoilers, but I really quake in fear at the prospect of troubleshooting any problems people might have running it. (Very little to no error checking or help is included.) Besides which, it would have to wait at least until the next version or eq2map comes out. Cluster-type POIs are the devil.
Unread 04-05-2006, 11:32 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I give it the nod. That is to say it works with my fetish Nightfall. Works like a charm I may add. Darn fine work here. I actually got some book page quest and bootstrutters quests done. And all thanks to Mother and Spoiler mod.
Unread 04-05-2006, 04:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Map Spoiler

Definitely works with Fetish Night Fall. One thing on the lag, having done this myself ... I have one of those Start Button mods (Laffs) installed. I use it just for nightvision. I accidently clicked the high graphics button and went into MAJOR lag. Took me a while to figure that one out.
Unread 04-05-2006, 05:33 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Well as for a startbutton that won't accidentally change you graphics setting and a personal wish of mine I may add. Mothers Spoiler mod + Krull's Startbutton Command center would make a extremely cool mod if combined. hint hint. Anyhoo Rock on!
Unread 04-12-2006, 06:20 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Problem with Spoiler

OK, I see that the problem that most peeps are having with the spoiler map is that the page is BLACK. The problem I am having is that the window shows up nicely and completely intact (as far as I know), except for the window being BLANK not BLACK. Blank meaning that the background graphics, scroll bar (grey'd out), title bar, "x" closeout button, resize button, etc are all there, but there is no text in the window, so, obviously, no "active" scroll bar.

To be completely honest, I have NEVER messed with any type of MOD, except for the EQ2Map, so I am not quite sure as to where to unzip all of the files. The online instructions are kinda vague. I dl'd the spoiler project and unzipped the file into C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP, I got the text that it was overiding the Plugin_7 (or whatever) and clicked OK, and I added the appropriate line of code to eq2ui_mainhud.xml. I guess the easiest way to explain it is that the spoiler page isn't populating, even after repeated map openings and closings. Any help would be appreciated. A self-installing file and maybe an individual readme file to explain how to setup and load would be even better to avoid confusion on where files should be unzipped to, but that's just my two cents. Thanks for any help that can be submitted.

UPDATE: Got it working. I just unzipped the entire file into C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP, and since I already had the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file, from following your online instructions, it worked like a charm. Great proggy. Thanks a million.

Last edited by Drognan : 04-12-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Unread 04-26-2006, 03:01 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Send a message via AIM to Dae'lomdel Send a message via MSN to Dae'lomdel Send a message via Yahoo to Dae'lomdel

New Timer Window:

Let me start with a big... *THUMBS UP!!!*

The ability to time AE's accurately so a raid force can joust is essential to high-end raiding. Using 3rd party programs that you have to click (and those take focus away from the EQ2 window) either causes the AE times to be off or the person doing the timing to not be able to play their class to its fullest. The same goes for using real life stopwatches etc! I can't tell you how excited I was to see a full functional in game count down timer and as a bonus it does multiple count downs (SoE loves to add more and more AE's to mobs to make them more difficult.)

A couple of questions and requests:

Default Times
: Can you tell me where in the eq2_mainhud_timer file that the default times for the 4 timers are located. I would like to modify them to the 4 times I use most often.

Options/Interface Window: Would it be at all possible to create an options/interface window for the Timer. So someone could simply click on whatever small button you could add to the window and it would bring up another window. In this window it would have spots to enter the 4 different times one wanted, as well as an area for options (see later requests/ideas)

Final 5 Secs Variable: When the timer hits 5 seconds it switches to the "faster" red count down bar. It would be very helpfull if we could select 5/10/15 seconds for this function.

* Many times depending on the size of the AE its important to call the "Joust Out!" at 10 seconds or sometimes even 15 seconds if the melee has a long way to run in order to get out of the AE, or for instance when there is an incoming memblur and the tank needs more time to get longer casting skills skills up.... etc!

Sound!: If a generic windows beep (or even a customizable wav, set in the atually xml file) could be played when the timer hits the final 5/10/15 second mark!

* This would help facilitate someone fully being able to play their class role on the raid and still being able to time the AE. They hear the BEEP! and boom they are on their macro telling the raid force the the AE is Inc!

Auto Repeat/Loop: An option to have the timer repeat/loop automatically. So take a 30second timer, it would hit the variable 5/10/15, it would beep, it would hit 0 and it would automatically start counting down again!

The ability to finally have a piece of the game timing AEs is awesome! To be able to start and stop it from the same Hotbar that I cast spells from is invaluable! The above just being suggestions for milking everything possible out of the new feature!

Thanks and let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.....(edited) if you have the time and if any of the above is possible

Last edited by Dae'lomdel : 04-26-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Unread 04-26-2006, 04:50 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dae'lomdel
New Timer Window:

Let me start with a big... *THUMBS UP!!!*

The ability to time AE's accurately so a raid force can joust is essential to high-end raiding. Using 3rd party programs that you have to click (and those take focus away from the EQ2 window) either causes the AE times to be off or the person doing the timing to not be able to play their class to its fullest. The same goes for using real life stopwatches etc! I can't tell you how excited I was to see a full functional in game count down timer and as a bonus it does multiple count downs (SoE loves to add more and more AE's to mobs to make them more difficult.)

A couple of questions and requests:

Default Times
: Can you tell me where in the eq2_mainhud_timer file that the default times for the 4 timers are located. I would like to modify them to the 4 times I use most often.
If you know how to use the ui builder program, that is probably the best way to modify the default times. It's kinda hard to explain exactly why, but... for the short version: Even though the timers look like progress bars, they're not. They're colored rectangles that start out way to the left of the timer window and move steadily to the right and do not appear until they move into a visible rectangle. How far to the left they start determines how long they take to finish up filling the rectangle. So, to change the times you have to do math on all 18 of the rectangles (in each timer) to determine their starting positions.

If you load the window in UIBuilder, you can set the times by toggling the visible property on the minutes and seconds you want and a macro that's in there will auto-calculate the proper positions. Then you can save the changes and use the modified file.

Wow, that sounds complicated. Maybe I'll take a look at making an easier way to change the defaults.

Options/Interface Window: Would it be at all possible to create an options/interface window for the Timer. So someone could simply click on whatever small button you could add to the window and it would bring up another window. In this window it would have spots to enter the 4 different times one wanted, as well as an area for options (see later requests/ideas)

An options window is doable. This was an initial release, so I went for simple to see if anyone was really interested in it, or if it was just a couple posts and nothing more.

Final 5 Secs Variable: When the timer hits 5 seconds it switches to the "faster" red count down bar. It would be very helpfull if we could select 5/10/15 seconds for this function.

Possibly doable, but I'll have to think about how best to tackle. Because of the moving rectangle thing above and the fact that the speeds have to be an integer number of pixels per second, there's limits on what times work properly. That is incidentally why the window is not resizable. The visible bar must be a multiple of 150 pixels wide for the green bar to work (it counts from 3 minutes to 30 seconds (150 seconds) and moves at 1 pixel per second.)

* Many times depending on the size of the AE its important to call the "Joust Out!" at 10 seconds or sometimes even 15 seconds if the melee has a long way to run in order to get out of the AE, or for instance when there is an incoming memblur and the tank needs more time to get longer casting skills skills up.... etc!

Sound!: If a generic windows beep (or even a customizable wav, set in the atually xml file) could be played when the timer hits the final 5/10/15 second mark!

A sound is definitely doable. I've tried it in the past in one of my other mods successfully. Only caveat is that it has to be one of like 20 sounds already used in the eq2client, like the new mail notification or the tradeskill first time pristine chime.

* This would help facilitate someone fully being able to play their class role on the raid and still being able to time the AE. They hear the BEEP! and boom they are on their macro telling the raid force the the AE is Inc!

Auto Repeat/Loop: An option to have the timer repeat/loop automatically. So take a 30second timer, it would hit the variable 5/10/15, it would beep, it would hit 0 and it would automatically start counting down again!

Repeat is not doable. The client does not like timers starting other timers. Most likely because of how convenient it would make it to write bots. The end result is that trying results in a crash to desktop.

(Even though it looks like the red timer starts after the yellow timer finishes, in reality what happens is the red timer starts at exactly the same time as the yellow one, It's just so far to the left that it doesn't hit the visible window until just as the yellow timer is finishing.)

The ability to finally have a piece of the game timing AEs is awesome! To be able to start and stop it from the same Hotbar that I cast spells from is invaluable! The above just being suggestions for milking everything possible out of the new feature!

Thanks and let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.....(edited) if you have the time and if any of the above is possible
Your enthusiasm for the mod has definitely convinced me to put some more work into it. I'll see what I can do to get at least some of the features included.

One thing you didn't ask about, that I've considered is adding a stopwatch timer that counts up instead of down. For finding how far apart the AE's are. Would that be useful, or would you just use a real stopwatch for it?
Unread 04-26-2006, 10:46 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Send a message via AIM to Dae'lomdel Send a message via MSN to Dae'lomdel Send a message via Yahoo to Dae'lomdel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother9987
Your enthusiasm for the mod has definitely convinced me to put some more work into it. I'll see what I can do to get at least some of the features included.

One thing you didn't ask about, that I've considered is adding a stopwatch timer that counts up instead of down. For finding how far apart the AE's are. Would that be useful, or would you just use a real stopwatch for it?
I would deffinantly use the stopwatch feature!

One slight bug that just has be going "wtf"... I made the macro "/show_window MainHUD.Timer.1.Go" and then moved the icon to my hotbar. Now when I click on test it works and starts. When I click on the icon in the macro window, it works. When I click on the hotbar key it works and starts. However, when I use the numerical button assigned to that hotkey (#1 in this case though I did test others on my primary) no dice, the timer doesn't start. It does turn green like its going to start, but the yellow bar never shows up. I am using the latest version of Fetish Nightfall atm, and I have not tested on the default UI to see if there is some conflict with something in fetish...

Any ideas?
Unread 04-27-2006, 08:32 AM
A Griffon

Uhm, no. Hate to say that, but from the UI's point of view, there's no difference between when you click test, click the macro, or use a button to fire off the macro.

Did it happen one time, or does it happen consistently every time you log in? I've occasionally run into timing glitches (with other UI pieces) where two commands would execute in the wrong order for no obvious reason and some feature would not work until you quit to desktop and logged back in.

Edit: Under the category of "odd", the first time I kicked off the macro with the keyboard, it worked. seconds time, no dice. No reason this should be, but I'll look at it.

Last edited by mother9987 : 04-27-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Unread 04-29-2006, 09:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Awesome UI addition, the question I have is this...

Ive installed & got it running great, I saw in your screen you have a 45 second timer, however when I try to set up a 45 second timer, it just marks it at 30 seconds. I can add any timer in thats based on a 30 second interval, however I cant add 5-10-15-20-25 second intervals, they always default out to a 30 second interval. Is there a way to do this & Im just missing it, or is there no way around it & thats the way it is.
Unread 04-30-2006, 02:11 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

I had no problem setting any of the 4 timers to any desired amount of time...

Just to clearify perhaps, it takes 3 commands in order to set the time on 1 timer:

Minutes: /show_window MainHUD.Timer.<T#>.<#>m
Tens-Of-Seconds /show_window MainHUD.Timer.<T#>.<#>0
Seconds: /show_window MainHUD.Timer.<T#>.<#>

T# = The number of the timer you want to set.
# = The Value you want to set.

So if you wanted to set timer 1 to 4:27:
/show_window MainHUD.Timer.1.4m
/show_window MainHUD.Timer.1.20
/show_window MainHUD.Timer.1.7

Hope that helps... haven't had any problems.
Unread 04-30-2006, 08:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have a problem with my Implied Target window being up 100% of the time.
Not sure why, but when I deselect a target I still have the Implied window open all on its lonesome.

Any idea why this is or how to get rid of it please Mum? hehe.
Loooving the UI upgrades, thankyou!

Edit:
Actually no, editting this. What's actually happening is the Implied stays up when my target isn't targetting anything.
When I deselect all, the Implied goes too.
By no means a game breaker, more just curious.

Last edited by Tevilspek : 04-30-2006 at 08:58 AM.
Unread 04-30-2006, 02:08 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevilspek
I have a problem with my Implied Target window being up 100% of the time.
Not sure why, but when I deselect a target I still have the Implied window open all on its lonesome.

Any idea why this is or how to get rid of it please Mum? hehe.
Loooving the UI upgrades, thankyou!

Edit:
Actually no, editting this. What's actually happening is the Implied stays up when my target isn't targetting anything.
When I deselect all, the Implied goes too.
By no means a game breaker, more just curious.
Not sure. The game client controls the visibility of the different windows, so the modded target windows should respond identically to the stock ones.

But since I've started modding, I've seen more weird things that I could have imagined. When they annoy me too badly, I try to write work-arounds (like the vitality indicators disappearing then you move from a level 70 char to a lower then 70 alt) but I can't think of any easy way around what you're saying. I can't say I've noticed it myself... but it's probably happening if you noticed it.
Unread 04-30-2006, 04:12 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Tevilspek: You arn't by chance playing on a pvp or a test server are you? I know that there was a dev post that mentioned they were changing how the implied targets worked on the PVP servers because of some abuse to the pvp-rule set there. There is always a chance that some of these little bugs leaked onto test or even the live regular servers.... it has happened before.

????
Unread 05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Dae', naw AB server.
Mother: I loaded up a couple of other (much more inferior! ) mods and the same thing was happening, so it's not a problem with your mod specifically. Thankyfully.
Is something with my UI setup.

Ah wells, getting a new PC this week, so will be doing a fresh install from scratch including mods. Will be interested to see if it happens then too.

Thanks for the feedback And thanks again for the great mods! My Warden loooves the group window! (Though a %/% or #/# option on the actual healthbars would be awesome hehe).

Peace.
Unread 05-01-2006, 03:21 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Mother - After testing the hotkey thing a bit it seems to work the first time, after its been assigned to the button (using the # to hit it) but after that it doesn't, its perhaps the oddest things I have seen with any UI featuer - lol.

I can't see that its really setup of the UI itself though its gota be something in game.... maybe you cant repeat the same show_window command... so if there was a /show_window MainHUD.Timer.#.Stop command?
Unread 05-02-2006, 09:16 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Default Confused ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother9987
I took a look at the Profit UI (I've never used it myself.) It appears to install it's own version of EQ2MAP and eq2ui_mainhud.xml.

So, just to check and make sure you followed the steps in what appears to be the right order to me:

1) Install Profit

2) Install EQ2Map

3) Install Map Spoiler

4) Edit eq2ui_mainhud.xml

You might have already done that, but since you didn't say - I wanted to make sure that you were where I think you are before troubleshooting further.

OK, did a reinstall of Profit, got the same issue, did all 4 steps, but can't seem to get the Spoiler to pop? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, will try 1 to 4 again, incase I screwed it up somehow.
Unread 05-02-2006, 09:37 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Default Again!!

Yup, did the complete process again, still no Spoiler, not sure what's up, but figured I'd post.

Actually didn't do 4, just deleted original, and renamed Example.

This was with 2.4 BTW

Last edited by Anarissa : 05-02-2006 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Addition