Originally Posted by Dragonryder
Ok so I removed anything that's said "Profit" from my EQ2 folder, placed on portable hard drive and removed that from PC!
Now thee should be NO "EXISTING" folder!
Again I tried running the CE exe from my EQ2 folder.... same results!
Ran Nuk again and retried, still same result.
wouldn't it have been easier to have just made this an update
Anyway I am at a lost, replacing old Profit so I can play
I re-created your \Users\S.O.E structure and attempted to install ProfitUI_CE into it. Without running as administrator it was a fairly miserable experience and I had to use Task Manager to close the unresponsive app. I realize folks want to be able to name things whatever they want on their own computers. But in your case having a user
named S.O.E, which in actuality is probably just a new folder added to the \Users area, is a bit over the line.
Moving your game folder into \Users\Public
\S.O.E\EverQuest II would make things much easier all around. Or you could adjust the read/write permissions on your S.O.E user-folder. Or you could run the utility as an administrator. Either way, the utility can't accommodate non-standard, and likely insecure, scenarios such as this one.