EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-13-2015, 07:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Question Gear Set option?

I haven't searched deep into these forums for this in the Profit UI section here but I know the basic UI has the gear set window where you can save gear sets. Is this a possible feature for Profit UI to do? I thought it was a really nice feature when it came out and have been waiting to see it on Profit UI but still haven't seen an update for it.

It also could be possible I am doing something wrong as well. I haven't really received any updates from the updater for a while now. Checked for updates and usually tells me that there isn't any.
Unread 05-13-2015, 10:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I use ProfitUI and the gear set button is visible and it works. I don't think Profit is doing anything that would interfere. The one thing to check is which variant of the character window you're using. I use the default window, and I haven't tested the small or large variants lately. There could be an issue there that I don't know about, especially with the small variant.

FWIW, my personal take on the gear set function is that it is no easier to use than the macros I set up years ago. The reason is that you cannot edit a gear set. Every time you get a new piece of gear, you have to delete the old set and create a new one in its place. If they ever fix that misfeature, I'd start using sets instead of my macros.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-14-2015, 11:58 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

The small variant became too hard to maintain as SOE kept adding things. There just wasn't enough space for everything. I think I got the large variant updated with the last release I did, but what I'd do is reset to the default variant, delete eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml, then re-run the updater and see if the problem persists. If it goes away, it's a glitch in the large variant.