Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-30-2014, 09:56 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default ProfitUI update for 4/29 patch

The updates are on their way to Kaldran. The changes are:
  • Persona window and bottom bar, to include the new damage bonus stats and remove stats that no longer exist.
  • Guild window to track changes in the events.
  • Fix the included eq2.ini file to have Windows end-of-line marks instead of Unix ones that don't display right in Notepad.
  • Update graphics due to new elements. Messy and should be unneccesary but needed due to the files they put the elements in.
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:54 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Befallen

Out of curiosity, having just came back to game with the All Access pass, I'm having some small issues moving hotbars and resizing them. I also would like to ask if anyone has a 2560x1440 template for Profit. Thank you for the time you put into this, I have always enjoyed Profit ever since I started playing EQ2 and it was released. Heh, just realized my old signature was still here and forgot how nicely it was done! Going to leave it up for the time being!
Unread 05-01-2014, 08:18 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
The updates are on their way to Kaldran. The changes are:
  • Persona window and bottom bar, to include the new damage bonus stats and remove stats that no longer exist.
  • Guild window to track changes in the events.
  • Fix the included eq2.ini file to have Windows end-of-line marks instead of Unix ones that don't display right in Notepad.
  • Update graphics due to new elements. Messy and should be unneccesary but needed due to the files they put the elements in.

Silly question. When are these updates being pushed? So far all I've seen was an update to the Welcome Window.
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:14 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edragon71 View Post
Silly question. When are these updates being pushed? So far all I've seen was an update to the Welcome Window.
They were sent to Kaldran yesterday evening. It'll depend on how long it takes him to push them to the updater. I haven't seen a hit from him downloading the zipfile from my server, and if I haven't seen one by tomorrow morning I'll ping him again.
Unread 05-02-2014, 07:44 AM
A Griffon

As of right now - 08:40 Eastern - the welcome screen is the only thing that has patched since yesterday's live update.

Speaking of the welcome screen, once the dust settles, I'd love to know what they changed that broke all the custom UIs.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
As of right now - 08:40 Eastern - the welcome screen is the only thing that has patched since yesterday's live update
None of it's on the updater yet. I'll ping Kaldran again. He may be away or something and not pushing things to the updater. If I don't get a response, I'll package the default-skin stuff up and make an easy-to-use zipfile of it (the updater-packaged one has administrivia and gunk in it).
Unread 05-02-2014, 01:44 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Speaking of the welcome screen, once the dust settles, I'd love to know what they changed that broke all the custom UIs.
As for this, you'll have to ask the devs directly. I asked the one who responded to me to come over here and discuss it to prevent future problems, I don't know if he will or not.
Unread 05-02-2014, 05:53 PM
A Griffon

I'd be surprised if he did. Besides the ridiculous workload, the devs also have to be very careful about what they say, especially in areas outside SOE.I know there have been issues in the past about SOE people posting in forums outside SOE territory.

That said, it should still be possible to establish a relationship that lets devs give 3rd-party authors a heads up about changes that might break their code as long as the information was kept private.

In the meantime I have filed a /feedback item complaining about the failure to put changes like this on Test before they go live.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-02-2014, 06:05 PM
A Griffon

Kaldran still hasn't put the changes up on the updater, so I'm attaching a zipfile with the patches in it. It can be unzipped directly into the UI\ProfitUI folder. It's got just the default variants for the persona and crafting windows and the skin, so colors will be off if you're using a non-default skin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ProfitUI_20140501_patch.zip (602.3 KB, 359 views)
Unread 05-03-2014, 06:24 AM
A Brown Bear

Ive found a bug with the new profit UI update.

Chat windows I use them all you have even make 1 for /group-raid now each window from chat to group-raid to other chat I am able to enable tells to come to each window thus if im guild window or group-raid window wont miss tells.

Now it only lets you set tells to 1 chat window you can try till blue in the face to set them to other windows but then it just erases the old ones and only leaves the 1 new one.

can someone fix this?

This is essiential never used just the tell window for tells, as stated if in guild or group-raid or chat or global don't want miss the tells there to.
Unread 05-03-2014, 06:42 AM
A Brown Bear

IM trying to do clean install and now It says could not update files please check error log so how go get around that to fix it?

so can reinstall profit?
Unread 05-03-2014, 07:10 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Unkown

Open you eq2.ini file and make sure you have the following:

# Allow the possibility to have chat channels in more than one tab/window
chat_allowduplicatechannels 1

Hopefully that will fix your problem.
Unread 05-03-2014, 07:26 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post
Open you eq2.ini file and make sure you have the following:

# Allow the possibility to have chat channels in more than one tab/window
chat_allowduplicatechannels 1

Hopefully that will fix your problem.
Ran into a snag my eq2.ini file is no where to be found.

Ive found it 100 other times I know where to look why is mine not showing up?

any sugggestions?

solved this

Last edited by AlekseiFL : 05-03-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:05 AM
A Brown Bear

But now have new issue.

I cant load my fresh install of profit when do /loadui and choose profit it works but then goes back to default , I forget the trick to get profit to load for 1st time on clean install so it ignores the crappy default UI??

I have not been to test the muti tells to other windows till can get new profit working.

help please.
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:39 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseiFL View Post
But now have new issue.

I cant load my fresh install of profit when do /loadui and choose profit it works but then goes back to default , I forget the trick to get profit to load for 1st time on clean install so it ignores the crappy default UI??

I have not been to test the muti tells to other windows till can get new profit working.

help please.
Grab the zip file tknarr has in his post and put it directly into your ProfitUI folder, may fix the problem.
Unread 05-03-2014, 09:01 AM
A Griffon

Check to be sure your eq2.ini file contains these two lines:

cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI

The eq2.ini file also contains the switch to allow duplicate chat channels, but it is not turned on by default. Just remove the # at the beginning of the line.

The standard eq2.ini file has a number of useful switches these days. My personal favorite is the one that tells the Aerakyn mercenary to shut up.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:18 AM
A Brown Bear

thanks going to try it.
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarissa View Post
Grab the zip file tknarr has in his post and put it directly into your ProfitUI folder, may fix the problem.
already added his patch this is fresh install getting it to accept profit over crappy default ui that makes my eyes bleed.
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:56 AM
A Brown Bear

ProfitUI fresh install wont load, instead its that crappy game UI need help please.

Ive been to everquest 2 interface wanted to do fresh install of newest client and with the patch.

Profitui is not the issue however its in game to get it to load for the 1st time have to do

/loadui then choose profitui then camp and exit and when reload game its the crappy default UI again help please?
Unread 05-03-2014, 11:08 AM
A Brown Bear

This is happening on double exp weekend this is nightmare its all cause their ****ty UI overrides profitUI when 1st go to set it up had this problem before cant recall how I fixed it, please help someone.
Unread 05-03-2014, 11:29 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseiFL View Post
ProfitUI fresh install wont load, instead its that crappy game UI need help please.

Ive been to everquest 2 interface wanted to do fresh install of newest client and with the patch.

Profitui is not the issue however its in game to get it to load for the 1st time have to do

/loadui then choose profitui then camp and exit and when reload game its the crappy default UI again help please?
Don't use /loadui. That loads a new UI into the running game, it doesn't change the UI that the game loads on startup. The most common problem is you've got 2 game installations and you're running one while the Profit updater's pointed at the other. The quick way to check is to right-click on the EQII icon you use to start the game and use the "Open file location" item to open the folder the shortcut points to. Check the location bar of the resulting window to make sure it's the folder you expect your game installation to be in.

The Profit updater still doesn't have my patches, and the zipfile doesn't have the eq2.ini patch in it so applying my zipfile won't muck with any existing eq2.ini.

Note that the full version of ProfitUI on EQ2Interface is massively out-of-date and won't work. Only the updater provides the current version.
Unread 05-03-2014, 11:58 AM
A Brown Bear

OK good news and bad news.

its fixed got profit ui back.

Bad news is can only get 1 tells in 1 chat window normally have tells set to tells channel, and to guild channel and group-raid channel, and general chat this way whatever of 4 windows I am in can see my tell from friend guildmates, tradeskill seller, buyer whatever and this used to work.

Can you guys please fix this in patch its really big deal as I am someone that doesn't like to use vent for raids only normally have music or movies going or tv in background so those tells with on 1 chat channel being to get if don't hear the tell wont get till way late when your in combat etc.

Now someone above me said that I could take out the # then tells would default from 1 to more then 1 that did not work so could someone either do fix or tell me how do fix to getting tells back to 4 channels, used to be do all the channels?
Unread 05-04-2014, 04:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarissa View Post
Out of curiosity, having just came back to game with the All Access pass, I'm having some small issues moving hotbars and resizing them. I also would like to ask if anyone has a 2560x1440 template for Profit. Thank you for the time you put into this, I have always enjoyed Profit ever since I started playing EQ2 and it was released. Heh, just realized my old signature was still here and forgot how nicely it was done! Going to leave it up for the time being!
Anarissa, attempting to attach my 2560x1440 setup for you. It's been tweaked for the way I play, but should give you a starting point.

I'd also like to request an update to the HP indicators to prevent them from wrapping when you're over the million HP mark, or if someone can tell me which file and what to edit I can try to tweak it myself.
Attached Files
File Type: xml ProfitUI_2560x1440_eq2_uisettings.xml (65.0 KB, 323 views)
Unread 05-04-2014, 06:46 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conna View Post
Anarissa, attempting to attach my 2560x1440 setup for you. It's been tweaked for the way I play, but should give you a starting point.

I'd also like to request an update to the HP indicators to prevent them from wrapping when you're over the million HP mark, or if someone can tell me which file and what to edit I can try to tweak it myself.

Grabbed this, dropped it into the Profit folder, but it doesn't appear when I get into game, just the 1920x1200, unless I dropped it into the wrong place??

NM....... DUH, I found out what I did wrong, wrong folder!

Last edited by Anarissa : 05-04-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Unread 05-04-2014, 03:08 PM
A Griffawn

Unhappy eq2.ini hash problem

Last night everything was fine (5/3/14) but when I run it today it updated a few files & then I got an error. I look at the log file & found this. It errors constantly on this file.

d.p.u.s.core.model.Downloader - Wrong file hash - Could not update E:/Program Files (x86)/Games/Sony/EverQuest II/eq2.ini

Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden?