EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 11-30-2006, 10:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FlorenceSopher Send a message via AIM to FlorenceSopher Send a message via MSN to FlorenceSopher Send a message via Yahoo to FlorenceSopher

The name of the Antonica+TS continent is Karan.

Faydwer should be WELL to the Northwest on the map.

The Isle of Mara would be a speck on the map somewhere due south of the Isle of Ro in a small archipelago. (Hint: Where was the EQ1 Gulf of Gunthak? /grin)
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:44 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

A DXT3 overlay was given to Dolby but it looks like maybe he resaved it in the smaller format. Also doesn't look like my modified map (includes Isle of Mara) is being pushed.

The map image is based on what SOE provided, which may not be entirely acurate but does serve the main purpose of letting ppl know generally where stuff is. Also keep in mind this is well after EQ1 and the planet has been reshaped by a major cataclism. Land masses have moved.

Likewise the zone connections may not be an accurate depiction of travel routes, but it serves the purpose of showing how to get from one place to another. Labels are also what SOE provided with Mara added. Since its a "Zone" connection map, it's probably better to show zone names rather than the actual contenent names.
Unread 11-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Aye.

Thats one reason I said we don't know where Mara is... it could have (and given the destruction and splitting of old Antonica, most likely did move).

I can accept the current directional relationship of the shattered lands (old antonica) and Faydwer, but continents don't shrink and probably don't move that close (it's just a pet peeve, I'm not suggesting anything just ranting a bit at SOE )

And thanks Florence! I kept thinking like "Kerran? No, thats a race" -- good to know I was at least close =)
Unread 11-30-2006, 02:58 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Oh, did you paint an island for where you think Mara might be? I don't have that on my map. Could you just put it up here so I can update the connections? Someone put connections to Mara from Qeynos and Freeport, but the bells are on the Nektulos and Steppes docks. I honestly didn't think it was necessary since anyone high enough level to go to Mara would know how to get there.

It just looks really clunky in DXT1 format. The edges are all jaggy and the compression artifacts are much worse from being compressed a second time.

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere

Last edited by Othesus : 11-30-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Unread 11-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Human Paladin

Server: Kithicor
Send a message via ICQ to Mahonri Send a message via AIM to Mahonri Send a message via MSN to Mahonri Send a message via Yahoo to Mahonri

Zonx did a great job with the map. Here is the dds file he put together.
Attached Files
File Type: dds exp03_world_map.dds (256.1 KB, 189 views)
Unread 11-30-2006, 05:05 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

IIRC, you can zone to Mara from the Commonlands and Antonica dock bells, so I set the connections from Freeport and Qeynos to avoid uhgly overlaps. The version I uploaded does use DXT3 for nice anti-aliasing.

I'll double check those bells and revise the overlay if need be.

Mara info does say the isle lies across the Buried Sea, which was historicaly south and jives with the rough location of Gunthak. I placed the isle in a graphically convenient spot

Last edited by Zonx : 11-30-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Unread 11-30-2006, 05:18 PM
A Griffon

Ok, how's this?

Attached Files
File Type: dds world_map_overlay.dds (256.1 KB, 188 views)
Unread 11-30-2006, 05:49 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Did you check the CL and Ant bells for Mara? I Coulda swore those bells went to Mara. Can't check them from the office

Otherwise looks good.
Unread 11-30-2006, 06:25 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Did you check the CL and Ant bells for Mara? I Coulda swore those bells went to Mara. Can't check them from the office

Otherwise looks good.
i've only gone to mara from nek docks... i didn't think u could get there from anywhere else.. i'll check tonight.

btw, it's not hard to add the text for "isle of mara" onto the map. just find the coordinate in the image and add the xml line for it. very very easy, except i don't think it'll light up red when you're there.

how does one get to SS from BB? i can't seem to find the carpet.

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:00 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfrey

how does one get to SS from BB? i can't seem to find the carpet.
There is a carpet at the docks, turn left as you come down the ramp into the docks area towards the left hand pier and the carpet is just beyond the dock master
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:07 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garick
There is a carpet at the docks, turn left as you come down the ramp into the docks area towards the left hand pier and the carpet is just beyond the dock master
sweet... this will save me a lot of time... hell, i may even just take the carpet to SS, then take the carpet there to BB, as a quick way to get to feydwer.

as for the continents... there's karan, d'lere, feydwer... and the rest are their own islands

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:34 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can only do SS -> BB if you are a Kelethin citizen.
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:41 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
You can only do SS -> BB if you are a Kelethin citizen.
well there go my plans for fast transportation... i'll just keep oocing for a kind druid or sorceror to port me.

Unread 11-30-2006, 08:52 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

hmm... bet you can do SS -> BB if you're a Ro citizen
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Ro citizens don't renounce their FP or Qeynos citizenship, so I doubt it. And exiles take the carpet to TS, as I recall. So I think it's only for Kelethin citizens =)
Unread 12-01-2006, 04:59 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Does anyone have a current updated core_mapstyles.xml and zones_world.xml for the final product (or are they not needed)? Fairly new to EQ2 and didn't happen to see any beyond the first submitted set and they were posted before a lot of the current adds to this map.

It also seems like I don't have either file in any of my EQ2 directories from the original install, which folder do they belong in? Thanks for great job you've all done
Unread 12-01-2006, 05:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

I think I saw them yesterday in the autoupdater

Greetz
Unread 12-01-2006, 07:03 AM
A Griffon

I know there are bells on the Nektulos and Steppes docks to Mara. I actually don't own the Fallen Dynasty because none of my characters are high enough to really use it.

For the carpets to the Isle of Ro, you can take any of them to go there but they only take you back to your home city, and Exiles get sent to the Steppes docks.

Unread 12-12-2006, 03:45 AM
A Griffon

So....? Has anyone tested where you can connect to Mara? I can ask someone in game I suppose.
Unread 12-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

It's exactly as the map looks... a bell from TS and a bell from Nek.
Unread 12-13-2006, 09:58 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yep, I tested and looks like I was wrong. The T2 doc bells don't go to IoM
Unread 12-27-2006, 05:11 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus
Someone put connections to Mara from Qeynos and Freeport, but the bells are on the Nektulos and Steppes docks. I honestly didn't think it was necessary since anyone high enough level to go to Mara would know how to get there.
You would think that wouldn't you. I've had the adventure pack since it came out but I just reached high enough level to check it out. Needless to say I couldn't find a bell in QH that would get me there.

So if I understand this correctly and just to clarify the Island of Mara can be reached via bells in Antonica, Commonlands, Nek Forest and TS and not from Qeynos or Freeport.

Oh, and is the Isle of Ro the Refuge Island?
Unread 12-27-2006, 07:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe
You would think that wouldn't you. I've had the adventure pack since it came out but I just reached high enough level to check it out. Needless to say I couldn't find a bell in QH that would get me there.

So if I understand this correctly and just to clarify the Island of Mara can be reached via bells in Antonica, Commonlands, Nek Forest and TS and not from Qeynos or Freeport.

Oh, and is the Isle of Ro the Refuge Island?
i have only found a bell to mara in NEKTULOS FOREST and nowhere else. i don't know why there are zone lines from qeynos and freeport. i have yet to find those bells.

isle of ro is what used to be the desert of ro... it is what most ppl will know was "desert of flames"

the isle of refuge is somewhat between the continents of karan and d'lere...

Unread 12-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

The Isle of Refuge was the name of what is now the Queen's Colony and Overlord's (Outpost? That sounds right but also seems too allliterative). You used to have Qeynos and FP version of it before they renamed the two sides.

It's also where you're sent to kill Darathar, as the final step of the Prismatic quest line.

Isle of Ro is all of Desert of Flames.

And I know theres a Nek bell to Mara, and I think thers a TS bell (but its kinda outa the way, I always forget where it is I think). There is no Ant or CL bell there. Nor is there a QH or FP bell there.
Unread 12-27-2006, 08:46 PM
A Griffon

the overlay needs to be fixed.